In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

**NEW WINNER**- WIPALA "New Hunter" giveaway

bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in General Discussion
WIPALA is the winner!!

Yes,that's who Mrsbigt7mm just picked from the hat!

Wipala,I know you've had you're hand in numerous giveaways(including the "Big One",years ago) but I don't remember you ever winning anything. I guess what goes around comes around. Congrats to you and your nephew,Keith. Hope you like the gifts.

Please e-mail me YOUR shipping address and your FFL's address. I will try to get the items shipped by early next week,at the latest.

As an added bonus,please e-mail GB member "codenamepaul" for a special gift for your young one. Thank you Paul. That was very generous of you!

Congratulations to you and your nephew and thanks to ALL who entered. Wish everyone could win! Maybe someday.

Ok folks,after much thought, and consultation with Mrsbigt7mm,I've decided to try this. So,here goes...

The winner will receive a used Marlin model 25 .22 rifle,a pair of Bushnell binoculars,some sort of knife,and depending on time/finances,etc,maybe some more items.

I would prefer this go to a youth but anyone who is new to hunting is eligible. I trust those who enter will use the honor system.

1) This MUST go to a responsible,deserving ,young or beginning hunter.
2) It will be shipped from my FFL to your FFL.
3) Winner is responsible for complying with all applicable local,state,federal laws concerning gun ownership,etc.
4) I pay all shipping,etc.
5) If I receive ANY negative e-mails,feedback,posts,etc,I will surely laugh it off because I'm not going to let some stuffbird rain on some fortunate person's parade. IOW,this giveaway is gonna happen!
6) Must have been a member of GB as of yesterday,April 28th,2006,to be eligible.
7) Drawing will be when I reach 1776 posts,or later,depending on when I get everything together.
8) I am currently homeless so it may take a few days to coordinate.
9) Winner MUST post pics.
10) Mrsbigt7mm will pick the winner.
11) It says "1st annual" because I hope to make this a tradition,but no guarantee is expressed,nor implied. It solely depends on if I'm still here next year,feel like it and have the resources. I certainly hope and intend to.

Good luck folks!

STUFFBIRD? WTH?

BTT

Comments

• Options
    Bill CostikBill Costik Member Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very, very generous giveaway BigT7mm. I've been hunting for a number of years, but I wanted to thank you for the opportunity to whomever enters.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is a cool giveaway, hopefully some youngester can win it to go get some squirrels
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    WOW! amazing give away...
    Considering I've never hunted I guess I could be "youth"

My grandpa has been bugging me to go squirrel hunting with him :)

signanimalpotatoes5ao.jpg
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...very cool, and a great idea, congrats on a good one!
    ...but forget me,...I hunted one time...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    I can see me hunting now...

deerhide8ub.jpg
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    BigT I'd like to enter for Claire if that is allowed.
  • Options
    bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yessir BDJ,that is exactly who this is intended for! Someone who is new to hunting,can't afford a gun,never hunted or shot a gun before(regardless of age),etc. My only wish is that it will be someone who deserves it and is competent and responsible,and that they appreciate it and what it means,IYGMD.
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    id love to enter, however im 25 and would like to enter another WELL DERSERVING person........

(if you want ill send you his name, info, etc)

thaks!

welcome back from the sand box (if your back) i know i was sure as s@#T to be back....

scott
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Yep, She did her six months shooting team and is good on range etiquette. She has been bugging me to shoot live moving targets ie squirrels and rabbits. I figured this fall I'd take her out. Maybe even get her a deer.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Todd I'm new to hunting, please enter me. Thank you.[:D][:D]

Very generous of you to do this.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say.......nice giveaway. [:D]
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigt7mm
    Ok folks,after much thought, and consultation with Mrsbigt7mm,I've decided to try this. So,here goes...

The winner will receive a used Marlin model 25 .22 rifle,a pair of Bushnell binoculars,some sort of knife,and depending on time/finances,etc,maybe some more items.

I would prefer this go to a youth but anyone who is new to hunting is eligible. I trust those who enter will use the honor system.

1) This MUST go to a responsible,deserving ,young or beginning hunter.
    2) It will be shipped from my FFL to your FFL.
    3) Winner is responsible for complying with all applicable local,state,federal laws concerning gun ownership,etc.
    4) I pay all shipping,etc.
    5) If I receive ANY negative e-mails,feedback,posts,etc,I will surely laugh it off because I'm not going to let some stuffbird rain on some fortunate person's parade. IOW,this giveaway is gonna happen!
    6) Must have been a member of GB as of yesterday,April 28th,2006,to be eligible.
    7) Drawing will be when I reach 1776 posts,or later,depending on when I get everything together.
    8) I am currently homeless so it may take a few days to coordinate.
    9) Winner MUST post pics.
    10) Mrsbigt7mm will pick the winner.
    11) It says "1st annual" because I hope to make this a tradition,but no guarantee is expressed,nor implied. It solely depends on if I'm still here next year,feel like it and have the resources. I certainly hope and intend to.

Good luck folks!

STUFFBIRD? WTH?

Sounds like a Heck of a nice idea. And I would like to add my nephew Kieth's name to the list. He has gotten 2 deer and a Turkey and is absolutely nuts about hunting and fishing. He is very cautious around firearms and is deserving of a nice prize like this. He is 12 years old and already a good shot with rifle and pistol and shotgun.
  • Options
    johalljohall Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would like to enter my son dylan. he's only 5 now so the only hunting he can do is gofers. but i would hope that counts. my wife wont let me buy him a 22 untill he is 7 but she didnt say anything about winning him one when he's 5. and thank for the chance to win this. i'v been trying to think of a way to get him out hunting.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm actually new to hunting, but I'm going to pass on this to someone more needy than me.

Thanks anyway. . .its a great giveaway!
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    I'll enter my son Dawsen who is 7 1/2. Thanks for a great chance, you are most generous. Hope you find a home soon.
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll throw my nephew's hat in the ring, he'd really like the 22. I got him his deer rifle a yr ago, this would definitely help him practice his shooting.
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    I also would like to enter this..

I'd give it to my first grandchild, who will be born in a few months, as a first gun.. Thank you sir..
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Put me down for my 2 kids 5yo boy & 8yo girl If that is allowed
  • Options
    rob223rob223 Member Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd be more than happy to receive it and comply with your request.
    Put me in for your drawing.
    Thanks
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please add my name in the hat for my neighbor. I have been teaching him to shoot and he wants to start hunting now. It really suprises me since he is 16. I thought he would be more interested in driving, girls, and other city boy things. He was just over friday and asked when we can go again.
    Thanks
  • Options
    WinM70WinM70 Member Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enter my name for my grandson, Tony he's 9yrs old. Thank you.
  • Options
    stevegsteveg Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    please add my daughter melissa thanks for the chance
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Please toss Cass in...she'll be deer hunting this year for her first year. I've still got to get her a deer rifle, but the Marlin will make for good practice and be great for squirels rabbits etc. Cass shot her first 1" group with my .243 at 100 yards over the winter...that was a pre-requisit for her to start hunting...so she's pretty excited about it.[8D] Thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my son has been hunting with me so i can't have him in the drawing, but my daughter has said next time i go she wants to go with me so add her name to the drawing if you would please.

thanks
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A very nice gesture. Don
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would like to enter little 1911a1fan

let me tell you why

he turned 13 yesterday, and after many years of battle with the wife and in-laws, it was finally agreed upon that i can teach him how to shoot at the age of 13, and the story goes like this as to why the argument has been going on for the past decade, my father in-law and his four brothers ages ranging from 8-17 had a .22 rifle in the woods, one of them took a shot at a turtle, the bullet ricochet off the shell, and the 11 year old took it to the head killing him, so when me the "gun nut" came along in their eyes it is not if a accident will happen it is when, it has taken my several years to get my point of firearm safety in their brains, and how a range with adults and safety rules is on the far end of the spectrum of five boys let loose in the woods with a rifle

so he is 13 now, and it is pouring down rain or we would be at the range
  • Options
    The Load RoomThe Load Room Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the chance! Here's the participant

Zoeynews3.jpg

She thanks you also for the chance. Now I have a question, if you are currently homeless can we help out?
  • Options
    BT3BT3 Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a wonderful ideal. My 11 year old grandson would love it. I have the ground to hunt on although I don't hunt anymore. If I qualify throw me (for grandson) in. Thanks[8D]
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Good one 7mm. You have mail.
  • Options
    nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My son, Dylan, would really like it! Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A homeless man giving away guns to children on the internet? Wait til Dr. Phil finds out about this!

My son is nine and he'd love it but he already has a .22 and i'd like to see a more deserving child win the rifle.

7mm, if you are anywhere near East Tennessee you always have a place to stay. just email me.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Great Giveaway. Please add my son. He will go on his first duck hunt this winter. Thanks[8D]
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Toss My Grandson DEREK's Name in the Hat...He's got Grampas Ranch to Hunt On up in Colorado as soon as he go's thru the NRA Hunter Safety Course....Best to You and Yours........
  • Options
    dipitsdipits Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please put me in for oldest Godaughter Amanda ( Joe ) .

Thanks
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please enter my son and daughter. Great giveaway, thanks.
  • Options
    TrustyCrustyTrustyCrusty Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very gracious giveaway! I would like to enter my sister who was never allowed to hunt by our sexist dad. He's out of the picture now and I'm trying to get Mallory into hunting and fishing before she gets too interested in boys and school!
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Sounds fun... but unless you're counting 38 as "youth" and 16 years hunting experience as "new to hunting" then I'm afraid I don't qualify.

If, however, I'm wrong in my assumptions, feel free to enter me. [8D]
  • Options
    Trader DaveTrader Dave Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Outstanding Giveaway. Please place my 7 year old boy in that. He has wanted to take his sister's Chipmunk gun away from her. But she lets him know - No Way.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    My favorite giveaway of the year, but just like the others, I have nobody to enter.

It's still a good one though.

Ben