In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    lowest bid huh,,
    they'll be sorry,,
  • WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    Sorry there, Select, for the double post. I didn't check before I posted my thread. My faux pas.
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cheap is ugly and ugly is cheap.[:(]
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    lowest bid huh,,
    they'll be sorry,,

with this administration lowest bid is not necessary anymore, they write the checks and add to the debt
  • AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a big fan of accuracy when shooting, as such I don't really care for glocks. But you have to be fair, glocks are the AK's equivalent in the pistol world. They will work no matter what and that's what really matters in a self defense situation. So it makes sense to issue glocks to agents.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AzAfshin
    I'm a big fan of accuracy when shooting, as such I don't really care for glocks. But you have to be fair, glocks are the AK's equivalent in the pistol world. They will work no matter what and that's what really matters in a self defense situation. So it makes sense to issue glocks to agents.

That right there, folks, is... the voice of reason! [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wrangler

actually no accuracy is just another glock myth, while it is not a 50yard bulls-eye gun, very few guns are, it is very capable of 2" or less at 25 yards out of the box, i have shot the x ring out at 25 yards with my g34, and won several most accurate shooter awards with it
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

actually no accuracy is just another glock myth, while it is not a 50yard bulls-eye gun, very few guns are, it is very capable of 2" or less at 25 yards out of the box, i have shot the x ring out at 25 yards with my g34, and won several most accurate shooter awards with it

Most police shootouts are less than 5 yards.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    "FBI selects GLOCK......... again"[:)]
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd be real interested in the thoughts of our LEO members on this...
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are generated reliable guns, and they are more than accurate enough for there intended purpose. Just not a fan....but that's OK...naval aircrew get m-11s im good with that.[;)]
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog

It's not like this is something new, they're not switching to GLOCK, they already issue them, and have for some time.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    They should have went with Chevrolet.
  • BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    Low bid, huh???

When I was a leo going down the road at 100 +, it was a warm feeling
    knowing that low bidder bolted the wheels on.
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1

I know of a couple of them here that would keep theirs and take yours ![}:)]
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/30/news/companies/glock-gun-contract-fbi/index.html

They lowered their standards again?
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
    edited November -1

I actually did try the g34. It has potential if the truly crappy trigger is replaced. I won't believe anyone shooting out the bullseye at 25 yards with a stock g34 unless I see it myself. And even then I would guess that the factory somehow made a mistake and put a decent trigger in there.
    edited November -1

I actually did try the g34. It has potential if the truly crappy trigger is replaced. I won't believe anyone shooting out the bullseye at 25 yards with a stock g34 unless I see it myself. And even then I would guess that the factory somehow made a mistake and put a decent trigger in there.

i got mine in 06 when they came factory with 3.5# triggers, i still put in a ghost disconnect and polished the innards, smooth as my wilson combat trigger , i also have made my other 6 glocks just as smooth , agreed their 5# factory trigger is horrendous and gritty

like i said i have the trophies to prove it , my g34 has 48,000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions, its retired now and sits next to my bed
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid

It's not like this is something new, they're not switching to GLOCK, they already issue them, and have for some time.

Exactly, quite a few of the Fed agencies have been offering Glocks as a choice for decades. I've been issued a Glock for 16 years of my career and they've worked as promised. I have no hesitation about carrying a Glock, either on duty or the several that I personally own off duty. Our new Chief recently came to us from the State Police, they have Sig 229s. He was commenting the other day about how he really likes our Glock 21 compared to the Sig he carried there.

It is a good value for LE and the tax payer.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The article said 9mm.
    I thought they were using either 40 or 357 Sig.
  • bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese

The late '60's tv series "The FBI" had Efram Zimbalist driving a '65 Mustang GT.......
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    love glocks,

but got a P320 compact striker fire, 9mm last week, modular

want to get the 45 next

...the factory trigger is much much better than glock , short and short reset

and about the same price....mine OTD with nite sites 510.00

cant get a glock for that

hickok45 shooting it is a must see

of course anything he is shooting is a must see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JGhajT61Xc
    edited November -1

i got mine in 06 when they came factory with 3.5# triggers, i still put in a ghost disconnect and polished the innards, smooth as my wilson combat trigger , i also have made my other 6 glocks just as smooth , agreed their 5# factory trigger is horrendous and gritty

like i said i have the trophies to prove it , my g34 has 48,000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions, its retired now and sits next to my bed

Now I can believe you. Without trigger work no glock that I've come across could be shot accurately. BUT, the g34 is billed as a competition glock and yet it comes out of the box with the same crappy trigger as all the other glocks.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CoolhandLuke

And dummy proof......Except maybe when it comes to shooting yourself....
  • milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by riflemike
    love glocks,

want to get the 45 next

I've yet to see anything that Hickok45 did not shoot well. I think he could shoot a blunderbuss and do it proud. He could likely ring a gong at 100 yards with a sling shot.

All that said, he is a Glock fan for a reason. They work first time, every time.
    Got to give the devil his due. Glocks are considered butt ugly by some but most know the proof is in the pudding.
    edited November -1
    love glocks,

want to get the 45 next

glocks are not 510 for leo's the have a no excise tax program and go for around 350

https://us.glock.com/bluelabel
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The more I behold a glock the more Beretta diehard I become.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    The article says...

According to "Glock" author Paul Barrett, Glock's lack of experience helped him think outside of the box to innovate the new design.

"Glock started with a blank sheet of paper," wrote Barrett. "He listened to his military customers. He made adjustments they requested. As a result, he came up with something original."

[:D]

The truth is that only one element of this gun's entire design was 'original'. That would be Gaston Glock's 'safe action trigger system', which I'll agree was pretty clever.

Not bashing these guns, just a poke at this marketing division fed fan-boy for parroting BS.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The more I behold a glock the more Beretta diehard I become.

+1
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bartman45
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese

The late '60's tv series "The FBI" had Efram Zimbalist driving a '65 Mustang GT.......

Yeah, but he could bark tires on gravel too. [:D]
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

... and yet our Spec Ops (as well as other countries) uses them at the battlefields with excellent results.
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1

That's no way to talk about AR's [8D]

And BTW, 1911fan's Glock does have a sweet trigger on it [:D]
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    love glocks,

want to get the 45 next

glocks are not 510 for leo's the have a no excise tax program and go for around 350

https://us.glock.com/bluelabel

and a P320 wouldnt be 510 for a PD either..i am not LEO
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last Glocks we purchased (G21 gen 4s) for our PD about 18 months ago only cost $50 per pistol with our trade(G21sf gen 3). New guns for less than replacing our night sights, I'll take it!!

I am reading on the internet that the FBI is getting a new model of the 19 & 17 with a grip without finger grooves. So I guess they will bring out the old frame mold.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2016/06/29/glock-awarded-new-fbi-contract/

Finger grooves on the frame are not permitted. (emphasis theirs)
  • mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

And I wonder how many FBI shootings are at 25 yards or even 50 yards and how many involve slow, methodical, aimed fire? Probably darn few.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tailgunner1954

Lol not even close to a 1911 trigger! :-P. The 1911 may be heavy with low ammo count by today's standards but I have yet to fire an autoloader with a trigger is as good as a 1911....the closest I have ever come was a tuned hi-power and a cz-75b that was tuned...still leaps and bounds away
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    KTI
    I suggest you try a few more handguns [:D]
    The 1911 platform just doesn't fit my mitts. And yes, I've handled more than a few.
    A double stack pistol (with a P-08/Huntsman/Buckmark grip angle) in 44Mag is about as close to a comfortable grip as I've experienced (I had the pleasure of handling the prototype that the DE folks "borrowed" ideas from), and even than it felt a little skinny to me.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish

Lol not even close to a 1911 trigger! :-P. The 1911 may be heavy with low ammo count by today's standards but I have yet to fire an autoloader with a trigger is as good as a 1911....the closest I have ever come was a tuned hi-power and a cz-75b that was tuned...still leaps and bounds away

I think it's kinda silly to even try to compare the triggers between a striker fired pistol and a single action pistol mechanism. It's apples and oranges. The 1911 platform will always have a better trigger (unless someone bubba'd the hell out of it!) than a striker fired mechanism. If one is trying to punch holes in paper at 50 yards you'd be foolish to use something other than a single action type pistol. If, on the other hand, your purpose is to ventilate bad guys (or gals, must be inclusive) at average combat distances, then the Glock is tough to beat.
  • reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not a Glock fan & can't see myself ever buying one, but it seems like a fine choice for them.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish

you couldnt be more wrong, i have a wilson combat with one of the best triggers ever put in a 1911, my glocks are set at the exact same 3.5#s with a ghost ultimate disconnect, 20# return spring, trigger and firing mechanism polished to a mirror finish makes it smooth as glass, only noticeable difference it the glock works on a pivot and a very short one at that, being striker fired has zero to do with it since it is nether single action nor double action

could it be there have been improvements you are not personally aware of or have not experienced ? and no bubba involved