In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Breaking news from Colt

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,740 ******
    edited November -1
    Get 'em while you can.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    i'll pass...AGAIN

so much for bringing back the python and other old school

DID THEY GET TOO expensive... not enough variety, What?
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Well, so much for that deep Colt blue.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No real innovation in the last decade at least. And a market saturated with AR15's and 1911's at better prices and quality you get what happens to them. And was anyone asking for a reintroduced Colt Cobra? No..they've been asking for a reintroduced Python that doesn't cost $2500.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,663 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well the price on the snake guns will jump again [:(]
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    No real innovation in the last decade at least. And a market saturated with AR15's and 1911's at better prices and quality you get what happens to them. And was anyone asking for a reintroduced Colt Cobra? No..they've been asking for a reintroduced Python that doesn't cost $2500.
    yep[:(][:(]
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Overpriced, under quality... go figure
  • Options
    EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe they will start making Pythons in Italy and then ship them here and install the grips and mark them made in U.S.A. and then charge even more for them again. In this day and age you can buy a SAA just as good or better than Colt made at a much cheaper price. Why buy a SAA from Colt at a inflated price and then stick in a glass case and stare at it. It would be like being married to Miss January and not able to touch her. The patents on the Python design must have expired by now. S&W or Ruger should making them and wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth to Colt.

EvilDr235
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner

If they go out of business, anything marked "Colt" will skyrocket.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Orangutan-Getting-His-Groove-On-Dancing-In-The-Jungle.gif
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
  • Options
    themountainmanthemountainman Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt has economic woes from the Patterson til now. The holding Co. that bought them out of Chapter 7 is only interested in milking the name for its last dime with every foreign product they can license the Kickin' Pony logo on . Makes me sick.
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't. :?
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,107 ******
    edited November -1
    [:(][:(][:(][:(]
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    the last straw was having to be a special dealer just to order items from the whole saler,,remeber the early 90's when the stopped selling to public,the after market took off[:0]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Schweet [8D]
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I just looked at the latest issue of G&A and they are now manufacturing the Cobra again.

Colt needs to get the hell out of Connecticut. That state is inundated with gun hating DEMOCRATs. As typical with any state full of DEMOCRATs, operating costs and business climate sucks.
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As much as I hate to see them go it is probably time. I have not like their marketing strategy or product offerings for years.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was hoping that the new Cobra was going to be a start on more double action revolvers from them again. They ignored the civilian market and relied on the name for way too long
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The custom shop isn't closed down. They aren't taking new orders for a while to try and clear out their 2 year back log.

This is from the 1911forum
    I'm told that Mark Redl the product manager and colt shooter is handling day to day operations in the custom shop. You can see him in some colt shot show videos.