In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is this common?

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Got an Email from someone looking at my auction and he sent his phone number asking me to call him. New one on me. Why not just ask his question in the Email? Maybe he wants to do something he doesn't want GB to know about?

Number is in So, Cal. so perhaps he wants to know if the gun is legal to ship there. It isn't.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I get that sort of mess every once in a while. I just email them back and tell them to email whatever questions they have.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably a really nice guy either wanting to know if you will take $100 or if you will ship directly to him so neither of you has to bother with all that silly Cali stuff. Gotta love a guy that wants to help you out with a new plan.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Plenty of people have reading comprehension problems, don't you read these forums?
    A written word explains things one way but a phone can explain things a myriad of ways.

I called a guy once about a wartime P-38 as he was pretty clueless about which end of the gun you hold. He had left many important details out of the description like what was the maker code and year. I could tell him specific things to look for and where. Turns out he had a very rare byf42 that sold at auction to me for less than $400. I was the only bidder.

If he had not sent his phone number, I would have never bid.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did call him and it went to voicemail. Left my number. Could be completely innocent but my guess is that he's looking for some way to get the gun into CA.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are too nice, but I guess you might have a soft spot for Cali gun owners, though you did the right thing and left.