In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Attn: Fishermen....

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in General Discussion
I need some help. The fishing forum doesn't draw that much attention.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=236416
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    minnows, minnows, minnows
  • CutiegirlracingCutiegirlracing Member Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've always had good luck with pieces of bread and a boat ore. Throw the bread on top the water and wait when a fish comes to eat it BLAM!!!! smack it with the ore.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cutiegirlracing
    I've always had good luck with pieces of bread and a boat ore. Throw the bread on top the water and wait when a fish comes to eat it BLAM!!!! smack it with the ore.

I'll have to try that. I'd better keep a 12ga next to me incase of goes outside of range.

What's your address? That way I can send the DNR to your place after I get arrested. [:)]
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ZUKEBABY
    minnows, minnows, minnows

Roger that!!! Thats the only way to go.
  • ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Are you going to fish or write me a ticket? I'll try and spend more time over at the fishing forum. I promise.
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    It's difficult to get excited about something that doesn't involve blowing something to smithereens. Plus, I've heard that fishing can interfere with NASCAR.
  • jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]--Just as cutiegirl says:--

-I've always had better luck with ores !!!

--[:p][:p]--JIMBO
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    woodshermit said....."It's difficult to get excited about something that doesn't involve blowing something to smithereens. Plus, I've heard that fishing can interfere with NASCAR."

Try spear fishing! It dosn't go boom but it's great.
  • thecoltcollectorthecoltcollector Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cubslover
    you might not like this idea,but i have always had good luck using live maggots.make sure they are colored.the red ones do really good. you might have to order them in the snail mail,but you might get lucky and find them locally where you are going.another good lure is a yellow twister tail 2". and i used alot of fly fishing bugs tipped with the maggots also.good luck! [:D]
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try maggots dipped in Muratic acid.[}:)]

Trinity +++
  • Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Minnow tipped jigs. Use them under bobbers if they're really negative. Experiment with different colors of jig heads, try pink and orange first, then white and black. Also change depths frequently.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    If you aren't catching anything, think small. 2# line, tiny bobber, tiny piece of split shot, #12 hook, 2 maggots in an x
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dynamite is proven effective.

Be sure to check with BATF and State Game and Fish for possible "rules violations."
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    If your doing it in mid to late summer here in Wisconsin I use a silver blade Beetle spin or a French spin wich ever they prefer most at the time.Last summer I caught 60+ of them in about 2 hours out of my buddies cranberry pond.Nice steady retrieve about 1 to 2 feet below the surface where you can barely see your lure.Works every time[;)]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard to understand on a gun board...