In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TV Sitcoms

TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
edited February 2003 in General Discussion
Since it gets dark so early this time of year. I find myself in the house and watching old sitcoms. I realy enjoy them and have been thinking about which would be my favorite.
There are so many good ones. All in the family, Darma and Greg, The jeffersons...
But the one I look forward to is Sanford and son.
What do you all like?
TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.

Comments

• Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Mama's Family
    Golden Girls
    Cheer's
    Are still good to watch the reruns
    Don't watch the ones

blue2.jpg

SOLD MY COW SO I DON'T NEED YOUR BULL [;)]
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Laughed my * off last night watching Leave It To Beaver. Also watch Andy Griffith. Too many of the good ol' fifties and early sixties shows aren't on the classic TV channels. I'd like to see the re-runs of:

Have Gun Will Travel
    Sherrif of Cochise
    Wanted Dead Or Alive
    Adventures In Paradise
    Highway Patrol
    M-Squad
    One Step Beyond
    Cheyenne
    Sugarfoot
    The Restless Gun

and a million more that I cant think of right now.

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one of my favorites was Barney Miller. of course MASH was/is great.
  • Options
    SP TigerSP Tiger Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, old sitcoms are the best. I love Sanford & Son also. I watch Leave It To Beaver as well. I saw an episode of Hawaii Five-O the other day. The show was cheesy and predictable but I love it anyway. You gotta love Archie Bunker on All in the Family. I love what he told Gloria once when she started spouting off some anti-gun crap. She said something about how many people were killed with guns and he responded, "Would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was thrown outta windows?" I LMAO on that one.

Better to have and not need, than need and not have.
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Low --
    You and I are older than dirt. I could rattle off a dozen more from the fifties/early 60s b&w TV generation, not excluding Dr. Kildare, Danger Man, Ben Casey and The Millionaire. By the way, it may seem politically incorrect to say this, but Amos 'n Andy was one of the funniest TV series ever made, and gave a lot of Black actors work in the TV business for years. I have most every episode on tape, thanks to eBay.

More recent good series (in living color!) I'd like to see again include Maude, The Invaders, St. Elsewhere, Hill St. Blues, Police Squad, Paper Chase, Sons & Daughters, and a million I can't think of at the mo' -- including the one about life at a big newspaper that was a thinly disguised Washington Post - did Linda Kelsey play the girl reporter?

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While not sitcoms, I would like to see "The Prisoner" and "Then Came Bronson" shown again.

Resident Wittgensteinian
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Andy Griffith

Beaver

Archie Bunker

Mama,s Family

I am confused at times.We park on driveways anddrive on parkways.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sienfeld [:D]
    Leave it to beaver [:D]
    Munsters [:D]
    Dragnet [:D]

Then Ms.FrancF
    Golden Girls
    Sienfeld
    The Beaver
    Father Knows Best

gun1.gif

God Bless our Troops
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not all are sitcoms, but my favorites were...

12 O'Clock High
    Combat
    Untouchables
    Sky King
    Maverick
    77 Sunset Strip
    Sgt Preston of the Yukon
    Rockford Files
    Rifleman
    The Saint
    Man from Uncle
    Beverly Hillbillys
    Addams Family
    Leave it to Beaver
    Ozzie & Harriet

...Oh my gosh!...all but one was in black and white...guess they don't make em' like they use to....
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My friend Irma
    My little Margie
    Our Miss Brooks (Note two of the actors died this month)
    #1 Burns & Allen
  • Options
    SkydiveSkydive Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right now at work we are overloaded with data to analyze. We're all pretty much brain dead by the end of the day so we compete to see what we can find on TV that has the most brainless humor.

I'm lucky, I never watched Everybody Loves Raymond in prime time so the reruns are great. But the best brainless TV is the Jamie Kennedy Experiment.

I got a new shadow. I had to get rid of the other one... It wasn't doing what I was doing.
  • Options
    Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first and only real love of old sitcoms is and always will be "M.A.S.H." I have "Gettysburg" on tape and I watch that quite often. "Cheers" is also a staple of T.V. diet.
    -Hans
  • Options
    TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Rembrandt I had forgoten about Combat. I realy liked that show. Did you see where Sgt Preston died a few weeks ago?
    Hey how about The Real McCoys? I'll bet Pabooger liked that one[:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too have recently been interested in the Darma & Greg sitcom... Other than that, I just like animated stuff.
    The Simpsons
    King Of The Hill
    Futurama
    Beavis & Butthead
    and to a lesser extent - Southpark

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Along with a lot of the ones already mentioned, maybe not sitcoms but...
    I dream of Jeanie.
    Bewitched.
    My favorite Martian.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I spent all my time watching Ma and Pa Kettle, and Francis the talking *!!! Was their anything else?????

P.S. Now Im the talking *!!!

pa.gif

In God We Trust
  • Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love all the old westerns since I got the western channel I get to see most the old movies. They have the lone ranger and gunsmoke but I wish they would bring back some of the others like wanted dead or alive or the cisco kid any of the older ones. I have one new favorite
    I watch. Reba mcintire has her sitcom on fridays and I always watch it
    its the best new one on right now.

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    Always watch Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver.Shows I`d like to see are Johnny Yuma (sp?) and Yancy Derringer.