In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Computer help to fix IE 6.0

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Someone using my PC (the boy) has downloaded some kind of popup and advertising software that has imbedded itself into IE 6.0 on my computer as a plug-in. There was nothing on the Add/Remove list to uninstall it, and after three days I finally found some executables in the Windows directory that when deleted would stop loading in the advertisements. But something is still executing in the IE software itself, and it sometimes gives we a memory exception in IE. I want to uninstall IE and reinstall it, but I've been told you can't. Any suggestions? Ps, the popup blockers won't stop it. Ive already tried.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif

Comments

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to the microsoft website and get the patch that came out a couple weeks ago.

Woods
  • scutascuta Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recently found the google tool bar, it blocks about 99% of all popups. go to http://toolbar.google.com/ and follow the directions... I love it

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.
  • redcedarsredcedars Member Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DH:

I'm just getting back online after having an Explorer related prob. Your probs sound sickeningly familiar. I got some kind of spyware that caused repeated invalid page faults in a module "STOOLBAR.DLL". Traced that to some spyware, found the related program and removed it. But doing so completely disabled Explorer, and I ultimately did a complete reformat. Major hassle. Hope someone has better news for you.

redcedars