Giving away some rifles..........

The artist formerly known as DanoThe artist formerly known as Dano Member Posts: 29,215
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
No.....not on this forum, but for Christmas. Doing my shopping early this year. I'm gonna give my 12yr. old grand-son, the following NIB Remington rifle. It'll have 3 extra mags, a soft-case, and a NIB Leupold 4X scope, for when he's ready to graduate to one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262942154

Also, gonna give my 40 yr. old step-son, a NIB Ruger 10/22 SS rifle with the green / black laminate stock. It'll include a NIB Bushnell 4x32 silver scope as well, and a NIB Ram-Line 50rd. hi-cap mag.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262202164

Santa should be so generous.....[:D]

Comments

• forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 20,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ,,,,gonna be a 'humbling' experience when Grandson out shoots ya !!!!![:D]

,,,,Don't ask me how I know.[;)]
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    What? You not giving away any Pit Bulls?[:D]
  • The artist formerly known as DanoThe artist formerly known as Dano Member Posts: 29,215
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey

Grandpa is an English SAS trained sniper. [^]

It might take him a few years. [;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BTDT
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey

Grandpa is an English SAS trained sniper. [^]

It might take him a few years. [;)]

,,,,ever heard, 'the bigger they are the harder',,,,,,,never mind !!!![^]
  • The artist formerly known as DanoThe artist formerly known as Dano Member Posts: 29,215
    edited November -1
    The way I've always heard it, was.....The bigger they are, the harder they tend to hit. [;)]
    edited November -1
    The way I've always heard it, was.....The bigger they are, the harder they tend to hit. [;)]

,,,,,,,,the ground!!!!!!![:D]
    edited November -1
    I KNEW you were gonna say that......[:D]
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That Model 5 is a nice lookin' rifle. Made by Zastava I noticed. Is their quality still as good as I remember?
  • jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,532 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    santa comes through for the kids grandson[:D]
    i'm sure he will be pleased
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asphalt cowboy
    That Model 5 is a nice lookin' rifle. Made by Zastava I noticed. Is their quality still as good as I remember?

I'm not sure. I bought it about 5 yrs. ago, with the idea that it'd go to my grand-son when the time was right.

I looked it over well at the time of purchase, and it appeared to be a nicely made rifle.
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asphalt cowboy

I'm not sure. I bought it about 5 yrs. ago, with the idea that it'd go to my grand-son when the time was right.

I looked it over well at the time of purchase, and it appeared to be a nicely made rifle.

I'll have ot keep that one in mind. I know a little gal who will be ready for one in about five years.
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one just like the green Ruger 10-22 SS with the scope.

I bought two guns last years with the intentions to give to the two grandsons when they get older. One is three and the other five years old. I bought a NIB Henry lever .22 and a Mossberg NIB .410 pump and haven't shot them yet..
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No.....not on this forum, but for Christmas. Doing my shopping early this year. I'm gonna give my 12yr. old grand-son, the following NIB Remington rifle. It'll have 3 extra mags, a soft-case, and a NIB Leupold 4X scope, for when he's ready to graduate to one.

Also, gonna give my 40 yr. old step-son, a NIB Ruger 10/22 SS rifle with the green / black laminate stock. It'll include a NIB Bushnell 4x32 silver scope as well, and a NIB Ram-Line 50rd. hi-cap mag.

DAD!!!!!![:D]
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,578 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best of luck with your good intentions on the Christmas gun gifts.

Awhile back I bought an unfired Henry Golden Boy in the box from a gentleman that gave it to his son for a birthday gift. The kid left it lay under his bed for several years and then went off to college or got married (don't recall) and left the rifle behind. The Dad got tired of it just laying around so sold it. I paid him what he wanted [^] and got one helll of a good buy at $200. [:)]
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Dammm you pretty fricken old to have a 40 year old step son. [:X][:X][}:)]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have grand kids???? I was told when I came here that you are gay.

So confusing
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

So confusing

Their all adopted, kinda like on Modern Family
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't worry, they are all butt-babies!

[;)]

Merc

quote:Originally posted by shilowar

So confusing
  • montanajoemontanajoe Member, Moderator Posts: 51,123 ******
    edited November -1
    ....I see you are finally starting to post links,,,,you got anything on c-list ?????[;)][;)][;)]
  • montanajoemontanajoe Member, Moderator Posts: 51,123 ******
    edited November -1

What else you got ???
    edited November -1
    Some of you guys are funny, but still not good enough to take it on the road. [:X]
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of you guys are funny, but still not good enough to take it on the road. [:X]

BTDT has to take more BS that any humaniod ought to have to take. He does seem to take it as water off a ducks back and can dish out just as well. I worked with a fellow like this that had the thickest skin of any human I know. He never let anything get to him or at least show it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent

BTDT has to take more BS that any humaniod ought to have to take. He does seem to take it as water off a ducks back and can dish out just as well. I worked with a fellow like this that had the thickest skin of any human I know. He never let anything get to him or at least show it.

I dish it out with the best of um.

What I dish out, I expect back in return. [:D]
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 13,200
    edited November -1
    Incidentally, you can get all parts for the Ram Line mag.
    The wind up key does break and a spare belt and cover aren't a bad idea
    either.