In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cabelas 1861 Springfield

mdcacmdcac Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in General Discussion
i am considering buying a reproduction 1861 springfield. i was wondering if anyone has one from cabelas and if so what are your comments. what are some other manufactures that i should consider?
I am not really interested in reenacting and this will primarily be a shooter.

thanks
mdcac

Comments

• Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    For just a little bit more, you can purchase an authentic Springfield rather than a repro. Do a search here on GB. Good luck. [:D]

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor" - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Yep, just got it back from the gunsmith, ready to go again. [:D]

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor" - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go look for an original before you buy that one.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM
  • Options
    mdcacmdcac Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i mainly want a shooter and i am not sure how would feel about shooting an orginial. plus it looks like it would cost me twice as much. at my age 500 is easier to manage than a 1,000.