In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What guns did you shoot today?

SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
edited September 2004 in General Discussion
I had a half of the day free from work today so I went and shot at the range, it was great!, nearly had the place to myself. Started off shooting my trusty old Win Model 70 lightweight 30/06 had just got the scope back from Leupold so I sighted that in. Then I shot the Ruger M77 in .284. Then I got out the Win Model 70 stainless classic .375 H&H Mag. Man that one belts you a little, 5 or 6 shots is all I need outta that one, ( luckily it is dead on so I don't mess with it a lot ). Then I shot my Win Model 70 supergrade .338 Mag, fine tuned the BOSS on it and it turned out a 3 shot group at 100 yards that measured .6" outside edge to outside edge, my best ever with that rifle, used Federal classic 225 grain factory loads. I may have overdone it on the big bores though I'm showing a mark on the shoulder.
Man I'm glad I live 1/4 mile from the range makes it easier to make time.
[:)]

Comments

• Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since I didn't have time off from work, I didn't shoot a firearm today.[:(] However, am developing a see through bullet trap so that I can "shoot" those politicians as they appear on tv with my airsoft Berreta 92.

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    I shot off my mouth today. Does that count?

osamakerry.jpg
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a staple gun [:(]

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824

Made_in_USA_135_Black1.jpg

us-flag1.gif
    IMG_8700145.jpg
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a salad shooter.........[xx(]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tweco MiG gun, for 11 hours non stop. I had so much fun, I am doing it tommrow to! [xx(][;)][:D]

bullet.jpg
  • PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not today, but Sunday my wife and I shot a Ruger #1V (.223), a CZ 527 (22 Hornet) and a 10/22. It was a good day!
    Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live"
  • PointerPointer Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have the week off.Put a hundred rds thru the CZ52 pistol.Started to site in my NEF survivor 223cal,only got off a few rds when my Mother inlaw and her friend came to the house so didnt get to finish[:(!]

Ohio Constitution,Artical 1,Section 4
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a groundhog about 90yrds out,moved on to another location and had a coyote really close to comeing out of a laurel thicket.I shot the other 19 RDs left over from the box.I grabbed the .257 Roberts but thought it was my 22-250.Luckily I had a couple boxs of .257 Roberts shells at the cabin.Sat on the front porch swing and listened to the total silence except the bugs chirping.Very nice evening temperature was about right and the Deer came out in the edge of the field about 30 Minutes before dark and grazed.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • chorkiechorkie Member Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a bad day at work and decided to go to the range after dinner.Shot my FA 454 ,Glock 26 and 17, Springfield V10, Walther TPH,S&W 29, Colt SP1, Thompson 1927A1. Took a chunk out of my knuckle of my right thumb while shooting the Glock 17 left handed (gotta practice weak hand shooting every once in a while). Feel a little better now.
    Chorkie

Whenever possible, learn from OTHER peoples mistakes.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    just worked on some and reloaded 50 real careful 44 mags to try out the new blackhawk when it comes

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Mr. BlastyMr. Blasty Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was gonna take my Beretta 92, Remington 870, Ruger 10/22 and Henry .22 out for a good ol' shoot today but my girlfriend wasn't feeling good so I had to stay home. Had the truck loaded up and everything. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
  • eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last Thursday I shot my NIB O/U 12 and 28 shotguns. Love the handling, but need more range time before serious season starts up.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    I disassembled two handguns, + inspection, cleaning, re-assembly, and dry-fire test.
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Dove season starts today,so I'll be blastin' away w/my
    Savage Fox 20 ga and probably the old Sportsman 48 20ga.
    Sad part is,from here at work,I'm already hearing the "war on whitewings" start at the edge of town.[:(]I won't get out there
    until I get off this evening.[V]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • BerettafanBerettafan Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was actually yesterday, but I shot a Like New Kimber Classic, a Kimber compact, Glock 29, Beretta 96 G, Ruger Mark II, Walther P22, Springfield Armory Mil Spec, a 30-30, a 30-06, mini 14, AK 47, and maybe a couple others. It was great. I was shooting at 30 yrds with the pistols at a couple old (and already bullet riddled) propane tanks. I was hitting 100% easily with the Kimbers, the Springfield, the G29 (which everyone was impressed with), the Mark II, and the 96G. The p22 I had several 100% mags, and a few 80% as well. The rifles were no brainers, as we couldn't shoot farther than 40 yrds where we were shooting. It was a lot of fun!!!

All it takes for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing.

For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration; the streets are safer, the police are more effective, and the rest of the world will follow us into history--Hitler 1937
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Nothing today, but tomorrow I'll be shooting one of my customers new .50 BMG. It came in today and we'll be putting a scope on it tomorrow...and doing a little bit of test firing[:D][:p] We'll only be able to use the 500 yard range behind the house until the soybeans are harvested...then we'll be able to push it on out to 1000+ yards[:p] I can't wait!

Eric

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    I'm leaving shortly with a .22LR Buckmark and a Kahr PM9.

Tomorrow at 10a.m. me and a pal will take my cherry Colt 01091 and an almost new Inox Tomcat up into the forest.

He's probably gonna buy the Tomcat.

I might actually be joining a gun club in a couple of months (moving to the east coast).
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Killed 2 phone books in the shop at work. [:p]
    Used the suppressed Walther P22 with subsonics.
    Cleaning the cans for Sept 25 M/G shoot.
    Walte
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jsergovic
    I'm leaving shortly with a .22LR Buckmark and a Kahr PM9.

Tomorrow at 10a.m. me and a pal will take my cherry Colt 01091 and an almost new Inox Tomcat up into the forest.

He's probably gonna buy the Tomcat.

I might actually be joining a gun club in a couple of months (moving to the east coast).

Where are you moving too??? Anywhere close to me?[:)]

Eric

www.galleryofguns.com

• eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    Nothing today, but tomorrow I'll be shooting one of my customers new .50 BMG. It came in today and we'll be putting a scope on it tomorrow...and doing a little bit of test firing[:D][:p] We'll only be able to use the 500 yard range behind the house until the soybeans are harvested...then we'll be able to push it on out to 1000+ yards[:p] I can't wait!

Eric

www.galleryofguns.com

Want help?[:D]
  • Cyberdyne systemsCyberdyne systems Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did get to do some shooting yesterday afternoon [:D]

*RUGER PC9GR 9mm carbine - 150 rds

*SOVIET MODEL 1944 - 40 rds

*WWII GERMAN P-38 pistol - 50 rds
  • TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FN P90 full auto controlled bursts and transitioning to Glock 22C...

You gotta practice those failure drills!!

"Press, Press, Presssssssss gentlemen" -- Dave Rodriguez, LAPD SWAT

"Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war" Psalm 144

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit