In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W Body Guard

7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hi guys. Anybody own one of these? How do you like it?

Comments

• Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes. I have an Airweight and it is a great gun. I have the model that has the "shrouded hammer" that allows you to fire in double and single action. JMO the little kel tec .380 I have gets more pocket time.
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    The new one or the real one?
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    My wife's is a bit snappy for her. We have wadcutters in it now and they are better.
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm guessing that you are asking about the .380 acp version.

I bought 3 of them for my kids and they love them. They find them to be easy to carry in a pocket without printing, not very heavy, and fairly reasonable to shoot. I did have to do a bit of fine tuning on handloads to stop a bit of the powder spitting, but that was a simple matter of experimenting with bullet weights and types, and powder types and loads.

I still prefer my 642.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    We have three 640s in the Family. Everyone who shoots one, wants one. Closely related to the Bodyguards.
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    We have three 640s in the Family. Everyone who shoots one, wants one. Closely related to the Bodyguards.
    There are 2 Bodyguards, and one is semi-auto.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're talking about the classic shrouded hammer .38 snubnose, those are great.

If you're talking about Smith's new .380, I've never shot one and have no opinion.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    I have had my Bodyguard since 1980, and have been very pleased with it. The factory grips are small, and make it hard to shoot with heavy loads, so I put on some Sile fingergroove rubber grips. Fits my hand and is still very concealable.
  • Options
    jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've got a real S&W 49 bodyguard, not the new plastic wannabe.....mine wears an original Crimson Trace grip, and works great.
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the 638 Bodyguard and it is my primary CCW. It is very concealable, and is accurate at its intended range.