In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Went to a GOOD Gun show Yeasterday!!!!!

chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
A couple of friends and my self went to a Gun Show about 40 miles away, They have it their twice a year, I did not go last year, dont much care for Gun Shows. Any way I spent more money at this show than I have ever spent in the past 10 years all total. 2# of powder fer $18,00 a box of 1000 Federal large rifle mag primers fer $16.00, a new set of target grips fer my Dan Wesson 357 revolver fer $15.00.[:0][:0][:0] I Dont under stand, Whats going on with the dealers giving good prices????????? Of course the Guns were Outragious, but I dont look at Old broken down guns at the gun show.[V][V][V]

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Sounds about like our gun shows around here, The Local gun Club puts on about 4 shows a year, Accessories are resonable, ammo is cheap, but try to get a deal on a Gun, Forget it!

There is a gun show almost every week end around here somewhere, but I dont attend any of them, cause they are the same dealers all the time.

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I have been to hundreds of gunshows....and NEARLY every one of them had a bargain or two.Sometimes a gun..or three.....sometimes a two dollar item.

For example...yesterday..a dealer had a box of magazines..about 150 of them. Wanted 250 bucks for them.Astra 600's, Llama's, few Browning Hi-powers,several 45 mags,..lots of obscure types.
    Being a dummy..I walked away and told another dealer about them..He bought them. 10 magazines sold will pay for most of the lot...

I bought a broken shell extractor,30-06...for 2 bucks....and a beautiful Walnut 10-22 stock,checkered..for 20 bucks...

Plus....it is indeed refreshing to walk amonght my kind of people..gun people...

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??