In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Your favorite target load

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
I was looking at some ammo boy thier is alot to choose from, anyway what is your favorite target load, factory or handloads. I bought some surplus ammo 147gr. fmj 308cal. I like because it was pretty cheap. Any target or match loads yall like to shoot?

Comments

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester supreme match 168gr bthp 308 is nothing short of amazing in my bench gun. I have tried Federal gold medal match but my barrel doesn't like it as much. All guns are different, so try all the premium ammo you can find, and usually one will outperfrom the others.

If you want to get better than that, you need to handload.

I'm a man,....but I can change,.....If I have to,......I guess.
  • LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have found that Winchester Power Point 40 grain .22 long rifle ammo shoots excellent groups in my custom 10/22.
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the .308 in my Rem. 40 X rifle, when I was shooting competivly
    I found the Seirra #2200 168 Gr. MJBTHP with 41.0 IMR 4895 was the best grouping round. In G.I. cases of the same lot. Best really was
    in the Canadian IVI '69 NATO cases. Used only CCI # 200 primers.
    L.O.A. will depend on the chambering etc.. Also, each gun eats
    certain loads far better than others. Repeatably of rear sight is
    of the most importance when shooting, such as the NMC due to distance changes from 200 to 600 yds for different stages. High velocity
    does not usually mean high accuracy.