In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who eats WHITE CASTLE ????

ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I know that White Castle is only in a few LUCKY states in the USA, Do you like them? What state are you in??[:D]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! *And don't use Pay Pal!

Comments

• drygulchstandrygulchstan Member Posts: 321 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Indiana and yep I sure love them
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What the H--L is white Castle?

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    They aren't here!

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    I love White Castle!!!! I ususally eat 10 at a time. Ohhhh but the next day. Gastrointestinal nightmare to say the least.

Larry
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOV'EM!!!I first had them over 40 yrs ago in the Twin Cities, visiting relatives in Wisc.Lo and Behold they now sell them in SoKal ,in the frozen food section. 60 seconds in the micro and I'm back in St.Paul.My Daughter and I have them weekley.What can I say?????

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got one two blocks from my brothers house in NYC Good Burgers,One night we went over there after WAY too many beers[xx(] at the local bar and put down 12 burgers each[:p]! for those who never had white castle the burgers are Small about 3x3 inch square.GOOD EATING[:D]

use_deer.jpg96EB.jpg
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We don't have White Castle here (except frozen), but we do have Powers, which is very nearly the same thing. 50s style burger counter, stools, and decor; perpetual grill; fried onions, 6 or more on a plate, and you can smell 'em for blocks around. Sound like White Castle? It is. [:D] We also have an authentic old Coney Island here -- "heaven, I'm in heaven..."

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • ArielleArielle Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love White Castle, but we don't have any in Wisconsin. All we have are the ones you can buy in the frozen foods section at the grocery store which isn't even close to the joy you experience when indulging in the tasty little treat. So whenever I visit relatives, I stop at a white castle in every state on the way. My mom has always said that if she wins the lottery she will build a White Castle here in Wisconsin. I anxiously await the day...

Arielle

"I am the opposite of a stage magician... he gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth, I give you truth that has the appearance of illusion" Tennesee Williams
  • Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eat at them any time I can find one! Love them little gut-bombs! We have Krystal's here. They are almost as good, but not quite. We can get WC frozen at Krogers. They do in a pinch.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    dont have um but i bet there good

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I love White Castle, they screw up my insides, but they ARE SO WORTH IT!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Raised on White Castle in Ohio. They were great, a dozen at a time. None here in Orygun, except the frozen ones...Yeccchh.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    quote:I love White Castle!!!! I ususally eat 10 at a time. Ohhhh but the next day. Gastrointestinal nightmare to say the least

You too gun runner?

Have a Krystal here in Fla (almost identical to white castle) but we can buy white castle burgers in the frozen food section at the local Winn Dixie supermarket.

JuJu(10 or 12 at a pop)
  • rameleni1rameleni1 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sure do! I have a White Castle 2 blocks from my house. I like the Double Cheeseburgers with everything.

Rameleni1
  • GhostCatGhostCat Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep....I love those belly bombs.....KRYSTALS too....

GhostCat
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't had an onionburger since I moved to Kalifornia in 1957. Don't suppose they are still eight for a dollar?
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah, the ol' square hamburger. I use to make high speed runs to Indy just to get indigestion. The good ol' days.. where did they go?
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean those little frozen cheeseburgers that you can eat in like one bite?

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I grew up in Minneapolis. About twice a year mom and dad would buy a couple dozen "sliders" from the White Castle a few miles from our house.

We had a little joke. You could tell how "ghetto" your neighborhood was by the number of pawn shops and White Castles that were within walking distance.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never heard of them.
    Sounds like I am missing out. [:(]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A sack of twenty almost lasts the whole drive home!!..[:p]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'm surprised so many like them. Maybe I just ate at a sucky location because I didn't like their burgers in Columbus Ohio.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I had no idea what the heck White Castle or Krystal burgers were, and when Classic explained them to me I almost called him a liar...I could NOT believe they were that small..no burger is that small...so he took me to one...
    Well he took me to Krystal....I was stunned to say the least at the size of them...tiny or what??...*LOL....then that ole commercial "wheres the beef?" comes to mind...that beef patty is almost non existant in the burger...so thin you can see thru it *LOL...
    As for taste?....No thank you....they were horrid and I will never eat there again....not even if I was starving would I go there....

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    White Castle a.k.a sliders I absolutely love 'em there is nothing better after a hard night of drinking than eating some white castle. I am getting hungry right now just thinking of them.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    sounds like most people are drunk when they eat there, maybe that's why you all think it taste good. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd eat em for breakfast if we had them here.
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    I love em! Nothing better after a night of partying to down 10 cheesecastles and a sack of onion chips. Watch out the next morning, thers gonna be a increase in methane production. We have them all over in Ohio.[:D]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
    edited November -1
    Suspension, when I was younger and drank (just a little) The White Castles were excellent with Genesee Beer. They sold little 7 oz. green bottles. I called em' hand gernades. Little square burgers with little green bottles it didn't get any better at 20 years old.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I'd like to have a dime for everyone of them that I downed in my lifetime. The store here is within walking distance!

If you drive however, it's easier at their drive up window than any of the others, you just order "six with the tails tucked in" [xx(][xx(][xx(]

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpg

Charlie
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Mayor Street actually tried to remove this "blight" from Main street (Broard Street" a few years back. But where would we get our sliders then?
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    I forgot one thing that brings back fond memories of White Castles. When I was younger my Dad and I used to go to the Indy 500 race and there was this White Castle's on the main drag going to the raceway. There was so many empty White Castle boxes on the ground you had to literally wade through them. I bet they were 8-10" deep on the ground. That was one gassy place for a couple of days.[:D]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ate some that I got from a vending machine at work last year and wound up sick for 2 days afterwards. I stick to the vending machine burritos now..
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love sliders! My stomach does not.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A must whenever I am in St. Louis! Always breakfast at 4:30 when I start the drive back to NM.

He Dog
  • Cyberdyne systemsCyberdyne systems Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I havent seen any White Castles in California? I still havent tried
    "IN -n- OUT" Burgers but heard they were good too?[8D]
    edited November -1
    Toolmaniam, sorry bout all the boxes I left on Speedway Ave. Remember the " takeahomeasack ".
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey IGB, I sure hope you like them cause that was where I was going to take you to eat when you come up for the next show! [:D]
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had them here in the Kansas City area up to a few years ago. Gone now. The frozen ones will have to do. But there was nothing like a shelf full of the little hot salty hamburgers...Will they come back or are they gone forever?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    When I was stationed in Ohio, at the Defense Construction Supply Center we had 85 soldiers in the company, and we would occasionally get an ALERT, and be placed on 24 hour standby and all personel were confined to the base until the Alert was lifted, we would call in an order at White Castle 24 burgers each. Over 2000 burgers in one order, one guy was let out to go pick em up as they were only a block or two away, It was a Hoot to watch the Grill Jockeys trying to get all those burgers ready.[}:)][:o)][:o)]

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    takeahomeasack

select-fire...that is "Steak-N-Shake's" line. At least now. I only go back 40 years with White Castle, so maybe S&S stole it. But they are good too! Kinda pricey...but good!