In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The U.S split up as many nations?

chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Does anyone really think this is a possibility? The U.S. becoming like Europe containing many countries within it's current borders?

Comments

• trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Don't know if it will happen ,but a lot of people would like to try .
    Travel 500 miles in any direction and you would think you are in a different country .
    Americans don't seem to have anything in common to hold them together any more .
    Truly sad .
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    guaruntee it, the south will rise again[;)][:D]
  • chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007
    Don't know if it will happen ,but a lot of people would like to try .
    Travel 500 miles in any direction and you would think you are in a different country .
    Americans don't seem to have anything in common to hold them together any more .
    Truly sad .

I travel from coast to coast and border to border. I agree with a lot of what you say. There is no common bond in America anymore.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Never happen in my lifetime. Really don't think it will happen in any of our lifetimes. Everyone is running scared like when the millineum came around.
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Show me your papers!
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So much for "United we stand, divided we fall"
  • BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This country wasn't founded on putting your tail between your legs and giving up because your 401K tanked and a guy you don't like is living in the Whitehouse! It's a good sign that we have forgotten what REALLY bad times are like, but too many folks are acting like common quitters lately. Snap out of it!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Blairweescot
    This country wasn't founded on putting your tail between your legs and giving up because your 401K tanked and a guy you don't like is living in the Whitehouse! It's a good sign that we have forgotten what REALLY bad times are like, but too many folks are acting like common quitters lately. Snap out of it!

???[?][?][?]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007

???[?][?][?]
    I was a little lost myself
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Alaska could be quite self suffecient with all of the natural rescources it has.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aglore
    Alaska could be quite self suffecient with all of the natural rescources it has.
    unless Russia decided to absorb it
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

No, it was founded on individual freedom, limited government and as a Constitutional Republic.

Sadly, that has all changed to a large degree and that is why you see the fracturing, the turmoil and the political, financial and societal mess we are in.

It is what it is.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chaosrob

I guess you could say the same about Mexico absorbing CA, AZ, NM and TX. Cuba absorbing FL. And Canada absorbing WA, ID, MT, ND, MN, WI, MI, NY, VT, ME, CT and PA.
    edited November -1

I guess you could say the same about Mexico absorbing CA, AZ, NM and TX. Cuba absorbing FL. And Canada absorbing WA, ID, MT, ND, MN, WI, MI, NY, VT, ME, CT and PA.
    yeah right. Last I heard Mexico was already taking those states back over. Canada barely ahs enough strength to open a soda let alone take ONE of those mentioned states by force
    edited November -1
    quote: Canada barely ahs enough strength to open a soda let alone take ONE of those mentioned states by force

Get the Newfies drunk and you might be surprised what strength they have.[:)]
    edited November -1
    quote: Canada barely ahs enough strength to open a soda let alone take ONE of those mentioned states by force

Get the Newfies drunk and you might be surprised what strength they have.[:)]
    Been there done that in edmonton last year. It was -63 degrees there F and the only thing that happened at the bar was a drunk blonde wound up hitting on me
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's an interesting thought. But like the one guy said, Not in my life time. But could it? Sure. The country has taken such a turn from it's original foundation that anything is possible. I could Texas going out on it's own. Alaska is pretty self sufficient. Would probably be selling the lower 48 fuel. Most of the south would band together. The mid west would be it's own. The western states could survive but California would find a way to screw it up. And of course the Eastern seaboard would continue as is. I doubt you'd see much difference in Jersey. Once a toilet, allways a toilet. *L*

Yes it would be interesting. I wonder what the gun laws would be like ??
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More likely to go the other way. The great nation of North America (United States, Canada and Mexico).

It wasn't supposed to be what it is now. It was supposed to be a collection of sovereign states (countries) bound together with a confederation and later a Constitution.

Somehow over time each state has given up its sovereignty to the federal government, much like many people want to give up the sovereignty of the United States to the Un.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    More likely to go the other way. The great nation of North America (United States, Canada and Mexico).

James, I would have to agree with you on that
    edited November -1
    Well I guess the more realistic question is do you see enough americans willing to fight for their rights to make a difference
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Newnited States will break up just like the Soviet Union did.
    The national debt, Social Security, Medicare plus all the mess we are adding now. There will be a time when the debt that has been piled up will destroy the nation.
    Some states or groups will form seperate nations while others may be absorbed into Mexico, Canada or others. It is very likely that one grouping will be similar to the Confederacy.
  • WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagion
    +1 on Alaska

well see Sarah Palin might make it as president yet..........
  • Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    Didnt Montana say if there are any laws changed they will cecced?
  • non mortuusnon mortuus Member Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No it won't split up it will just have internal safety checkpoints to move from one area to another to catch the threats to state stablity, terrorists, drug mules, unpapered mexicans, gun owners, jews, etc.
  • GotteskriegerGotteskrieger Member Posts: 3,170 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I guess the more realistic question is do you see enough americans willing to fight for their rights to make a difference

no i don't.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Gotteskrieger

no i don't.

Nor do I.
  • peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All empires fall. Just check your history books. America too shall fall. I don't understand those that think the U.S. will be around until the end of time.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

It wasn't supposed to be what it is now. It was supposed to be a collection of sovereign states (countries) bound together with a confederation and later a Constitution.

Somehow over time each state has given up its sovereignty to the federal government, much like many people want to give up the sovereignty of the United States to the Un.

+1 I was about to post the same, but when I saw JamesRK has posted I new he already said it and said it better.
    edited November -1
    Wasnt Hawaii and Alaska both self sufficient until the US gobbled them up??
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SC is sitting pretty good with Fort Jackson, the largest army base in the country, along with paris island, macintire NG , and shaw afb. Now lets see what other little country can we aquire? Now you inlanders will pay a high tax on all the imports we transport from Charleston. Good luck. [}:)][}:)]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

And with the homogenization effort that is ongoing, each of these states loses more and more of its individual identity and thus ever more of its sovereignty every year. National democracy destroys the individual State Borders that provided us with the only diversity that gave us any strength. Multi-culture apparently applies only to color, not to culture.

Well said, JamesRK.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

No, it was founded on individual freedom, limited government and as a Constitutional Republic.

Sadly, that has all changed to a large degree and that is why you see the fracturing, the turmoil and the political, financial and societal mess we are in.

It is what it is.

Well at least you made the logical leap to understand what I meant even if you see it a different way! [:)]
  • mustangmustang Member Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    do you think the coast states, being more liberial, would ban together?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mustang
    do you think the coast states, being more liberial, would ban together?

With no one left for them to "tend" to ,I think they would swiftly "help"each other to death.[^][^][^][^][^]
  • HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

[V][V][V]As usual you nailed it.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    SC is sitting pretty good with Fort Jackson, the largest army base in the country, along with paris island, macintire NG , and shaw afb. Now lets see what other little country can we aquire? Now you inlanders will pay a high tax on all the imports we transport from Charleston. Good luck. [}:)][}:)]

Better look at your northern and southern neighbors. I think they may have just a little bit more firepower than your small training post at Ft. Jackson.

Ft Bragg and Ft Stewart absolutely dwarf Ft Jackson in size and number of personnel.[:0]
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those new nations should survive for 5-10 years - until Mexico invades them.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.