In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sam Walton must be spinning in his grave

2»

Comments

• Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cahas
    Difference- Coke and McDonalds are not killing the U.S. infrastructure.
    Wal-Mart is the largest retailer in America and most of their product is foreign. And I would be hard pressed to believe that the American based Wal-Marts in China sell any American made goods at all.
    I could be wrong, but it would surprise me.

Surprise! They do...

If I could ever figure out how to post a picture, I'd show you first hand several "made in America" items that I purchased in a Wal-Mart in China. We/They are part of a global economy.

In fact, the United States has been the world's largest exporter of rice for decades. Guess who we sell it to?

So its entirely possible that a dinner I ate in China was made with rice grown in Arkansas. How 'bout that?
  • Options
    AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by Amish
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    The AMERICAN PEOPLE have destroyed infastructure. They vote with their dollars.

James, James, James....

It is sooooo much easier to blame Government, Labor Unions, and Big Bad Business.

When the American Consumer shows a loyalty to domestic production at even half the rate that European or Asian consumers do today, our unemployment problems, balance of trade problems, and virtually all of our financial problems will be history.

Of course we may have to consider not having a television in every room of the house..

If only that were an option. Outside the auto industry most items are all foreign produced.

This is a false statement.

Hand tools, clothing, cookware and flatware, paper and plastic products, furniture, shelving, almost everything but some consumer electronics can be found with the Made in U.S.A. label. For starters, you may wish to consider:

www.saveourcountryfirst.com

or:

www.madeinusaproductsstore.com

or:

Take the time to actually read more than simply the price on the product label.

Granted, you have to get off your * and go look for them.

You will usually have to pay a little more, but paying a decent wage for labor is not a bad thing, or is it?

You may also want to consider a U.S.A. made firearm for your next purchase. There is quite a selection of these.

Products sold at Walmart made in USA are few. There are some Pyrex glassware and that's about it. Ah a deck of cards maybe. All cloths, small appliances, heaters ect ,all made in china. Even most of the produce is imported.

I buy US made jeans online and did recently find a good buy on Red Wing boots still made in USA, but not at Walmart.
  • Options
    AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.pointerbrand.com [:)]
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2-3 national elections ago, someone talked about a giant sucking sound. I don't remember who, but I have been hearing it for many years.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.