In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Which Gun Is Better

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I have a Norinco Mac 90 and a Norinco SKS. I traded away a Ak WASR10. How would you rank the 3 guns.

I got rid of the AK when prices were crazy. I got a great trade on a Kimber for it.

I will never get rid of the Norinco Mac 90 because my Dad gave me that.

Comments

• 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    I thought this was a Glock vs. 1911 thread. [:D][}:)]

Sorry, I've got nothing Dave.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I should've picked up the Norinco Mac 90 when California had their first "assault" weapon ban. That rifle came with snail drum(s?) and high caps they would've been grandfathered. Sure they would've been papered as "assault" weapon so I couldn't put a sharkfin to make it featureless.

Also it's two guns since the WASR10 is already gone.

Sell the SKS and buy ammo for the MAC. Here in California they're running in the $300 range last time I seen one last year.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In order as you have them
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paint them red.
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A SKS with machined receiver and threaded barrel should out perform an AK/MAC 90 'six ways to Sunday'.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    A SKS with machined receiver and threaded barrel should out perform an AK/MAC 90 'six ways to Sunday'.

Yep... Norinco makes a hell of a SKS. I bought mine when they were $40 out the door
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx

Yep... Norinco makes a hell of a SKS. I bought mine when they were $40 out the door

I got my first SKS from a friend that just had to have an 'AK'. We met at the range for the sale and had a bit of competition; his AK vs the SKS. Boy was he cheesed when that expensive AK couldn't out shoot the SKS.

I then bought several @ the local gun shows when they were around $40 and 1100 rounds of ammo (in the tins in the crate) was cheap.

Those were the good old days.
  • steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think a Mac 90 is considered a mil-spec AK and would probably be worth the most. Then the Wasr10 and then the SKS.