In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Report Ft Smith, Ar gun show

onepopperonepopper Member Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Member fredromo and I arrived about 8:45 this morning and a line had formed. The weather was a little chilly and cloudy. It looked like all the tables were full. No flea market items but there were some specialty food tables. The parking lot was about as full as I have ever seen. Prices were seemingly lower on guns with some of the tags crossed through with lower prices. A lot of new venders, and many guns I had not seen before. As the shoppers moved into the show, the aisles were filling up fast. We stayed about two hours. Venders noted more money was forthcoming from the shoppers. With rain forecast tomorrow the show should be a good one.

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how many tables?? It usually takes us about 6 hours to go through our show. 2,000 tables in four auditoriums. The damn isles still get so packed you cannot move. I hate when people stop to talk in the middle of the isle or some lady with three kids and a stroller. Always a stroller in the middle so you cannot get by and she is just standing there waiting on her husband, talking on the phone[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)] Sorry about the rant.Oakie
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did not go. The last FT Smith show was no different than other shows in AR following Sandy Hook. Glad to see prices coming down though.

Understand the show in Jacksonville is no longer. IMHO, Jacksonville was the largest I have been to in the state. Found many good deals there until Sandy Hook.

Never really cared for going downtown, but looks like I will have to as the fairgrounds is now the largest show now and there is a show 7&8.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fort Smith is a bit far for me to drive unless it's a really big show. I did go once about 10 years ago and decided it wasn't worth a 2 hour drive.

Little Rock show next weekend and I will be looking for bullets.

Oakie, careful about complaining about strollers blocking the aisles. I mentioned that years ago and got savaged for suggesting parents shouldn't drag their small kids everywhere with them and inflict them on others.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...