In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

storms

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Had some strong storms here today and this evening. I probably drove 300 miles assessing outages and dispatching crews. I'm beat, worked 17 hrs today. This the season for storms and long days.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    big line sw/ne moving across Kansas....supposed to go thru here about 9pm and lake place about 3am....been up to 96* and about 35 mph out of the south with brown sky full of dirt...we are as ready as we can get......had 60' elm close to the house taken down about a month ago so that eased that threat
  • Options
    edited November -1
    who and why is there a bozo to name every little weather event?????...i grew up just fine without personalizing every gust of wind or sprinkle of snow...i remember the blizzard of 58 but not last years Fountleroy fizzle as it passed over Freeport
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    were getting a really wicked storm here in the northeast. Lighting is unreal. Have not seen anything like this in years. Dogs are under the bed.........with me[:D] Got a ton of rain too. We needed it bad
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It hit hard around the Beloit area local flooding 3 1/2 rain and 45 minutes of Hail Not Good[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    part of the line that came cross had a perfect example of a roll cloud for about 30 minutes...got 1/2" rain and no wind damage