In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question for the ladies..........

screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
http://www.ediblearrangements.com/Arrangements/Arrangement_Detail.aspx?ID=96&OrderType=1&CountryID=1&StateID=&City=&Zip=&Date=&Category=&Occasion=24

I'm trying to put something special together for a birthday for a lady that I like. We are not together just friends at this point. She told me when her birthday was last year and I bought her some flowers which she really liked and in 2 weeks it will be her 28th Bday. Question is if a man gave you this fruit dipped chocolate basket would you feel real special? Or should I just go with regular flowers again?

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Send one on to me & then I can tell you whether I feel real special or not.

Yes, she will.

Don't forget to send her a handwritten card.

Doug
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    make sure she did not mention that she is on a diet before doing that. I was "unbelievably unaware" one year on valentine's when I presented chocolate to the wife during the week she started her new exercise and diet regime.

She was young. She adjusted. I learned my lesson. [:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You obviously are putting a great deal of thought in the gifts and that will make any woman feel special...
    Just the fact you took the time to look for something, then get it, and even remember her birthday is special...

BUt yes, that gift would make a woman feel kinda great all over...[;)][;)][;)]
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, especially since it includes a "Happy 18th" balloon!! Add a nice bottle of wine and you have the perfect gift. I prefer chocolate dipped strawberries in mine. This one shows chocolate dipped bananas.
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    Yes, she'll like it.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    Edible underwear.....can't go wrong with edible underwear!!
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Depends if you are friends with an eye toward something more serious, or just friends. If you are just friends, then it's fine.

Personally, I love getting flowers. Anytime.
  • Nurse DebbieNurse Debbie Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Flowers tell a girl that she is special no matter what the occasion is.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    If you are just friends, then it's fine.

[:0]
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go with the flowers and a card. It is a much less awkward gift to explain.

Chocolate covered fruit.....no.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo
    If you are just friends, then it's fine.

[:0]

WHAT!?

I just meant chocolate-covered fruit is sort of, well, if not sexy, it impies a little bit of imagination, and so could be construed as somewhat sensual.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1

WHAT!?

I just meant chocolate-covered fruit is sort of, well, if not sexy, it impies a little bit of imagination, and so could be construed as somewhat sensual.

BAD, BAD, NAUGHTY ZOOT!

"Just friends" is my Kryptonite!!!

[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

WHAT!?

BAD, BAD, NAUGHTY ZOOT!

"Just friends" is my Kryptonite!!!

[;)]

That's what I mean! Seriously, no man puts that much thought into a gift for a girl unless she means something to him. Fess up!!
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    or he's a stalker.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    or he's a stalker.[;)]

Could be...
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    Depends if you are friends with an eye toward something more serious, or just friends. If you are just friends, then it's fine.

Personally, I love getting flowers. Anytime.

just friends...come on ,most guys don't hang around women to be just friends..at some point they want a poke..and thats the truth[:p][;)][:D]
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    This is one of the very few ladies I know that I would drop everything for if she were to need something. We flirt with each other and that kind of thing but I want to move past the "friends" stage so I thought this might be something that would make me stand out from the average "boys" around here.
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I glad to see your expanding your horizons and getting past that sex with the President of the United states thing.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i see another soap opera in the making.....john>>>>>>marsha<<<<<<john>>>>>marsha...will she get over her fear of relationships....will he survive the allergy to edible underwear ???? inquiring minds want to know....ignore the bs & just have a great time.....lots of those here remember the testosterone years.....barely