In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

5000 troops deployed to border with Mexico

droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
A few more than anticipated. Guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Fox News has learned military police will be among those headed to the border, though they will not be acting in a law enforcement role ? but rather in a ?force protection? mission, guarding any U.S. military personnel supporting the Border Patrol, according to another official.

Combat troops are not being considered, though the bulk of the reinforcements going to the border are active-duty forces.

Because they would not be performing law enforcement duties they would not be in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act, which prohibits the federal government from using the armed forces in a domestic police role.

Trump warned the invaders "The military is waiting for you".

The caravan immediately increased by 500 mexicans pushing carts selling Burritos, Enchiladas and fried plantains.[:)]

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/5000-troops-deploying-to-us-mexico-border-in-response-to-migrant-caravan

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this will bring howls of protest by the liberals...By GOD there better be SOME LEGAL WAY to protect our borders....or it is past time to save this country
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Come on... Just what are the troops going to be allowed to do when the horde gets to our border?
    If they're told to use force to repel the invaders, the left will be screaming bloody murder. They'll get just what they're hoping for, political heyday. Poor ninas and ninos being "brutalized."
    If they're not allowed to repel the invaders, the left will get 7000 new voters and will show the world that they're in control.
    Personally, I'd be ok with he military using bayonets, butt stokes, concertina wire and dogs. Maybe a little CS thrown in for good measure. But we all know that's not going to be allowed.
    The only way that the US doesn't lose on this is if the horde sees the troops, tucks tail and heads home. And that just ain't gonna happen.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
    edited November -1
    Right, we'll see. Just recall the BS we see when President Trump is "ripping the poor babies out of their parents' / coyotes' loving arms" that we're already seeing at the border.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a forceful and painful response to this invasion. But this is a heyday for the Dems with elections right around the corner.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WearyTraveler
    Come on... Just what are the troops going to be allowed to do when the horde gets to our border?
    If they're told to use force to repel the invaders, the left will be screaming bloody murder. They'll get just what they're hoping for, political heyday. Poor ninas and ninos being "brutalized."
    If they're not allowed to repel the invaders, the left will get 7000 new voters and will show the world that they're in control.
    Personally, I'd be ok with he military using bayonets, butt stokes, concertina wire and dogs. Maybe a little CS thrown in for good measure. But we all know that's not going to be allowed.
    The only way that the US doesn't lose on this is if the horde sees the troops, tucks tail and heads home. And that just ain't gonna happen.
    The plan is to apprehend them, put them in holding / detention. Process and return, we'll see how well that works.
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1

That is where the civilians need to step up to the plate. We have the 2nd and the constitution, what's the problem? Ya'll need to take a vacation to one of the border states and lend a hand [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00

That is where the civilians need to step up to the plate. We have the 2nd and the constitution, what's the problem? Ya'll need to take a vacation to one of the border states and lend a hand [:D]I'm sure there will be more than a few civilians on the border. I'd drive down, over, ?? to watch the show if I was home. What else do you do when retired that might be exciting?
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's an idea that I was thinking about. Americans protecting the Troops who are protecting the Border Patrol who are protecting our Border!

I can already imagine what the Commie Liberals would be calling us in the Media.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The republicans will be beaten at the polls if Trump cannot muster some balls PDQ. I am not filling out my ballot, except for the initiatives until I see the results of this potential laugher.
    What's next?
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

That is where the civilians need to step up to the plate. We have the 2nd and the constitution, what's the problem? Ya'll need to take a vacation to one of the border states and lend a hand [:D]

Vigilantism... What a great idea[xx(][xx(]

There will come a time when the war between Democrats and Republicans will start. That's when it will be time to go to war. Before then you're just a buncha lawless thugs... Just a bunch of criminals.
    edited November -1
    The media IS the enemy too. Do you really care what they think?

We are having a Crossroads gun show here next weekend, might be a good show, lots of great country to see and the weather is amazing.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pres should delegate authority to General Mattis and the Marines for special situation handling.
    edited November -1

Just like when the libs harass people in restaurants. THEY?RE protected. God help someone who takes a swing at them. They?ll immediately go from someone who is being wronged to being a criminal.

If US citizens make a stand, they?re fooked. They immediately become criminals. And the left gets to scream ?See, the conservatives are NAZIS!?
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    ?Because they would not be performing law enforcement duties they would not be in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act, which prohibits the federal government from using the armed forces in a domestic police role.?

Since when is defending your country from foreign invaders considered a domestic police role?
    I guess the British Invasion in 1812 was a police role.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my guess they ( the troops ) will be helping hand out the correct forms to fill out to be legal give them , water , food , a voucher for a local holiday inn fresh clothes and assign a welfare case worker while they add to the 750 k+ back logged cases already[:(!][:(!][:(!]

what I would like to see ( I know when same day pigs fly ) shoot any one and every one who puts a foot on our side of the border complete immunity for any of the shooters
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be sure to activate some MI interrogators and 7th SFG guys.

They I would deploy a Cavalry Recon force along the border to spot people coming across.

With the Tech we have now this would be easy.

The Recon/surveillance guys call in ICE to arrest and Back them up, turn them over to the SF and MI interrogators find out WTH they are and deport their * ASAP.

Not one should be allowed in no matter what.

Another thing if they think they are going to stop them on the Bridges and border crossings in Riot gear they are insane.

I have been in a riot and its some scary crap even with Body Armor and shields because you are out numbered and all eyes are on your conduct, never mind the rioters throwing huge rocks and spears.

Look up Operation Safe Haven. I was there and it was bad.
    RLTW

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the crowds get violent at the border as they have at the Mexican border then the gloves should come off. How does one seek asylum by using violence? Most of them have already betrayed themselves and said they were coming for jobs, not because they are in danger. I'd say that CTS and other less lethal contractors are working over time filling Fed orders for CS and OC in every form.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

There will come a time when the war between Democrats and Republicans will start. That's when it will be time to go to war. Before then you're just a buncha lawless thugs... Just a bunch of criminals.

OOH I impressed, vigilante, lawless thugs blah blah blah. Liberal scare tactics to keep people "in line".

Sorry, I haven't tossed my Country under the bus and I have not renounced my oath of office from when I served in the USAF.

Citizens DO have the right to enforce laws, the demeaning nature of your name calling does not change these facts. [;)]
  • TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The caravan at it's current count will
    never make the U.S. border.
    Current estimated size is 3500.

Internet pics of 8K+ is BS..
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One thousand hungry pit bulls deployed along the border.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: He is seldom 'out bluffed' on anything.

Remember Putin?
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1000 hungry gators might work even better, Ricci.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • ArbyArby Member Posts: 668
    edited November -1
    One thing stated on the news, the troops are engineers , medics , etc. and will be stringing concertina wire...if they rush that stuff they will need the medics for sure.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I'm gonna stock up on some popcorn, whatever happens is going to be interesting as Hell. I have faith in Trump, he hires smart people who knows what to do and how to do it. [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    quote: He is seldom 'out bluffed' on anything.

Remember Putin?
    Hows about "I'm gonna end Obama care".
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Parents played stupid games and kids suffer so it's their fault not our. Enforce our borders at all cost or it will never stop
  • carrie2carrie2 Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Water cannons, bean bags, other non-lethal weapons!
    Kentucky born and raised!
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

OOH I impressed, vigilante, lawless thugs blah blah blah. Liberal scare tactics to keep people "in line".

Sorry, I haven't tossed my Country under the bus and I have not renounced my oath of office from when I served in the USAF.

Citizens DO have the right to enforce laws, the demeaning nature of your name calling does not change these facts. [;)]

Citizens absolutely do, but not through Force. Not unless it's in self-defense...

And what you're proposing is being a vigilante. Because you're suggesting heading down there to stop them by force.
    edited November -1
    The SECOND Caravan of INVADERS at Mexicos Southern border were throwing rocks at Mexican police who had closed the gate at the border. Went on for a while then Mexico police started throwing tear gas and firing rubber bullets at the MOB. One INVADER dead.
    NOTE to Mexico: Do not put a railroad at a border entrance and cover the tracks with nice sized throwing rocks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMuN2kXkVDQ

Latest news. Mexico issued a warning that the group on their Southern border is preparing Molotov Cocktails.

ESCALATION:

Do Mexican automatic belt fed weapons reliably fire rubber bullets. Start out where every 10th bullet is a real one and the others rubber, then work up if they don't get the message.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sending troops is Political Theater. What are they going to do, shoot a bunch of Hondurans? Immigration is at a 30 year low, most of the people crossing are turning themselves in asking for asylum. Those are counted as interdictions.

Maybe the troops can do paperwork so the Border Patrol can Patrol the Border.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Sending troops is Political Theater. What are they going to do, shoot a bunch of Hondurans? Immigration is at a 30 year low, most of the people crossing are turning themselves in asking for asylum. Those are counted as interdictions.

Maybe the troops can do paperwork so the Border Patrol can Patrol the Border.

More likely getting ready for the next the War of Northern Aggression . If the Democrats take over Congress they will try to impeach President Trump soon after they are sworn in office.Then open the door to millions of Hispanics to citizenship and fast track them for 2020 take over with election votes saying they have played by the rules of a legal democracy.

serf

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/405891-impeachment-will-be-at-the-top-of-democrats-agenda-if-they-take-the-house

Democrats will impeach President Trump if they win a majority in November, no matter how much their leaders try to pretend otherwise.

The Democrat leadership is doing its utmost to play down the prospect of impeaching the President. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said in June that impeachment is ?not the path the party should go on,? claiming it?s a ?divisive issue? and ?not a priority.?

Of course, the only reason impeachment is ?not a priority? for Pelosi is because the Democrat leadership fears that the threat of impeachment will galvanize Republican voters to flock to the polls in droves in order to defend President Trump.

serf
    edited November -1
    NO asylum, NO paperwork, NO release and disappear into the US , NO court set for a year later...NO entry for NOT ONE ....CLOSE THE BORDER TO any imigrant from anywhere PERIOD...we can NO LONGER AFFORD to give the worlds dissatisfied FREE WELFARE and anchor thousands more.. STOP
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    ?Because they would not be performing law enforcement duties they would not be in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act, which prohibits the federal government from using the armed forces in a domestic police role.?

Since when is defending your country from foreign invaders considered a domestic police role?
    Same thing I was wondering.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere

Same thing I was wondering.

Unless I was taught wrong a President and Governor may issue temporary arrest powers to National Guard units in times of need to aid law enforcement and the U.S Coast Guard has arrest powers 24/7...365 days per year. I do acknowledge laws may have changed since.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bottom Gun
    The shooting has started:

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2018/10/30/armed-migrants-in-caravan-opened-fire-on-mexican-cops-say-authorities/The pistol Jammed and the perps were arrested with 9 bullets left in the pistol. How could a Glock jam, poor maintenance?
    edited November -1

Citizens absolutely do, but not through Force. Not unless it's in self-defense...

And what you're proposing is being a vigilante. Because you're suggesting heading down there to stop them by force.

I don't know what country you live in, but I assure you that is not true for Arizona.
    edited November -1
    ought to house all the illegals Arizona welcomes on rhino mccains GRAND estate