In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FEMA Contractor malodious employees

Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Ungrateful flood victims obviously don't understand the employees of FEMA's Prime Contractor, The AmeriKan Red Crooks are entitled to pick through the food donated before putting it out to be grubbed through by victime.
For the love of Disaster, the RedCrooks are only compensated at Cost + 10% (unaudited) by the taxpayers. They deserve a few benefits for their sacrifice.

(INDEPENDENT JOURNAL REVIEW) - Since their volunteer-based workforce began to set up shop to help with flood-relief efforts in Louisiana, the Red Cross has received a fair bit of criticism.

Temporary residents of Lafayette's Heymann shelter specifically have raised a number of concerns about the supplies they have received and their treatment at the hands of volunteers.

Christa Bailey, who is three months pregnant, told The Advertiser that she waited 8 days to receive the prenatal vitamins she requested. She also noted that shelter volunteers were fed before flood victims - and in front of them:

"You see? You see how the volunteers got that food? They're picking up food that was donated for the people here in the shelter, and they're eating it for themselves. You see that? How come y'all can't wait until everybody else receives their food?"

Larry Emery, the Red Cross representative who is in charge of the Heymann shelter, explained that, in one instance, the shelter volunteers were fed before the flood victims:

"Well, yes, today we got a donation for food that was from a gourmet restaurant that wanted to give food to volunteers and FEMA people. And that's the only time that's happened."

Comments

• Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Red Cross is a racket. No other way to describe it.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [xx(][:(][V][:(!]
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    This was what the red cross served for lunch the other day. Pic was taken in the Baton Rouge area.

FB_IMG_1472509499529_zps9bhgdjca.jpg
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    I would put good money on a bet the Salvation Army is on location treating everyone equally no fan fare. Don't know the actual numbers if I recall correctly ninety some cents of every dollar donated goes to those in need

Damn Red Cross assisted by the media loves to blow their horn and tell the public how wonderful they are. Also don't recall what donated dollars go to those in need, but is way-way less per dollar, the rest to the salary people and big money to the head honchos to.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,378 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I worked disaster relief with the Red Cross, and with the Salvation Army in Louisiana following Hurricane Andrew.

The Salvation Army is a great group and makes use of every penny donated.
    The Red Cross is a con outfit more concerned with paying big salaries to staffers and getting PR, than with providing relief. I wouldn't give them a dime.

Notice how in the OP, the Red Cross helpers ate before the citizens did. The food was donated by a gourmet restaurant.
    Yeah, the greedy Red Cross workers wanted all that delicious crawfish etouffet for themselves, and were willing to let the victims of the flood go hungry while they ate the expensive food.
    That story alone tells you all you need to know about the Red Cross.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That photo looks like one of Mooshells personally ordered school lunches my grandkids rightfully reject [:(!]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I worked disaster relief with the Red Cross, and with the Salvation Army in Louisiana following Hurricane Andrew.

The Salvation Army is a great group and makes use of every penny donated.
    The Red Cross is a con outfit more concerned with paying big salaries to staffers and getting PR, than with providing relief. I wouldn't give them a dime.

Notice how in the OP, the Red Cross helpers ate before the citizens did. The food was donated by a gourmet restaurant.
    Yeah, the greedy Red Cross workers wanted all that delicious crawfish etouffet for themselves, and were willing to let the victims of the flood go hungry while they ate the expensive food.
    That story alone tells you all you need to know about the Red Cross.

Been involved with Emergency Management for the past five years. The ARC has problems. Big salaries at the top, while the staff is under-paid and over-worked. They have a high turnover of staff at the local levels for this very reason.

I'd donate my money to the Salvation Army relief efforts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid
    This was what the red cross served for lunch the other day. Pic was taken in the Baton Rouge area.

FB_IMG_1472509499529_zps9bhgdjca.jpg

Looks like the Rochester EMPIRE shipped the Emergency Snow Day meals on wheels down there so they wouldn't take up so much freezer space here.

They gotta conserve money because the city block of buildings cost plenty to maintain. Poor buzzards had to spend $75,000 for a happy color consultant to tell them what color to paint the window trim.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    More from the red cross.

redcross2_zpszelzbzmd.jpg

redcross_zpspvhdcaiq.jpg

Here's a side by side comparison, left pic is a meal provided by a church in St. Amant La vs the previous pic I posted.

Original caption

"The meal on the left was prepared and give out by
    The Church of St Amant which has no disaster budget. we have probably given out 100,000 meals like this in past weeks.
    The meal on right was given out by the RED CROSS what a shame.
    The next time the United Way wants you to give to the Red Cross at your work place. Just remember this picture and say No Thank You I will give to my church. There many great churches out there doing the same thing, give to your local church".

FB_IMG_1472510589911_zpsla9mjqgp.jpg
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't badmouth the Red Cross or any other organization that provides relief, no matter how much or how little to disaster victims. If what Larry Emery said is true, "Well, yes, today we got a donation for food that was from a gourmet restaurant that wanted to give food to volunteers and FEMA people and that's the only time that's happened" then I don't have a problem with them eating first that time.

I know if I had been flooded out of my home and had absolutely nothing, maybe not even a shirt on my back, I'd be glad to receive whatever relief I could get. My donations to the flood relief are in the form of canned goods through my local Baptist Church.

Now the "however". My late uncle hated the Red Cross with a purple passion. He was fished out of the drink by USS Laffey (DD-459) after his ship, USS Wasp (CV-7) was sunk. He said when they got into port he was met by the Red Cross at the foot of the brow and given a blanket, a doughnut and a cup of coffee. He fell in love with the Red Cross. After the war he received a bill from the Red Cross for one blanket, one doughnut and one cup of coffee. He never forgave them for that. He never paid the bill either.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But you gotta remember, the Red Crooks have Sainthood, and the Red Crooks are THE Prime FEMA Contractor for Disaster.

Red Crooks labor away for Expenses + 10%.
    You have no idea how much labor is involved in double billing, and screwing victims.

Here, the Red Crooks have run all blood programs since 1940. They only have 10 acres under roof to process blood & blood product.
    They have very few employees with 5 years because they scrap employees to avoid vesting and benefits.

1 pint of blood donated costs maybe 20 to collect & test. That pint of blood will produce $30,000 of sell-able blood products.
    But wait, that ain't sufficient profit!
    Hospitals buying blood product MUST send a pint sucked from employees or patient family members for each pint consumed, or pay a premium per unit.

And don't forget all that income from Water Safety programs.
    They even charge for First Aid Training and CPR Training now.
    Costs plenty to run a criminal empire you know.

Better not anybody criticize the Red Crooks either or they'll kill you faster than Monica's boyfriend's wife will.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid

The next time the United Way wants you to give to the Red Cross at your work place.

My employer puts the pressure on for all employees to "give" through payroll deduction to the United Way and Red Cross. They get nothing from me, sorry to ruin your 100% participation.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I support the Salvation Army and not so much the RC and years ago the SA would be giving out coffee and other food items free while the RC would be selling the same stuff
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    I used to volunteer to help out with the local Disaster Team from the red Cross. We got sent to the Dome fire in the Jemez, near Los Alamos.
    2 weeks later, a group of former volunteers went back to pick up all the trash that the red cross left. 75% of the piles of "trash" were FULL of MREs, water bottles, brand new diapers, baby formula, hot dogs & buns, nitrile gloves, brand new emergency blankets, & 6 large full plastic bottles of diazepam 10mg.
    I had a Tacoma bed full of diapers & baby food in half an hour, and delivered it to the Jemez Pueblo daycare. Went back & got a truckload of MREs & hot dogs, gave those to the Jemez Springs Fire Dept. My last load was all for me.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    25 Years ago I had the cchance to work at a red Cross shelter during the aftermath of a line of tornadas passing thru our area Turned me off of the cross real quick like,saw the same kinds of things others have posted.
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have nothing to say about the Red Cross, pro or con.

But I'd like to know what Franz means when he types "malodious" because that's not a word.

Melodious?

Malodorous?

Mellifluous?

Something else?
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    United Larcenists is another very special group of well paid Charity Criminals.
    I've watched it unfold and grow since the 50s when it began as Community Chest here. It was encouraged by employers as a way to lower the number of beggars invading factories and eating production time.

Today, United Larcenists is a franchise that charges local chapters for the use of the name, and charges damn heavily. When you read their distribution policy which is clever you learn they are not a group you want to donate to.

The remaining charities worth donating to seem to be Shriners Hospitals for children where your money is spent to treat kids who fall through the gaps, and fine doctors practice their skill as well as pass it down to younger doctors. The Salvation Army has become questionable here since becoming a housing contractor to NY State Parole Services. SA has taken the position that they only house Parolees, and will take no responsibility for supervising the parolee. This has resulted in 2 homicides in the city.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    The only thing I know about the Red Cross is that they are always on my answering machine begging for my wife's blood (type o). ......and she goes and gives it to them like a good patient and gets her cookie and orange juice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese
    The only thing I know about the Red Cross is that they are always on my answering machine begging for my wife's blood (type o). ......and she goes and gives it to them like a good patient and gets her cookie and orange juice.

The cookies used to be good back in the 80s. They probably went cheap since then.
    I used to score a lot of the cookies servicing the generators & AC on the bloodmobiles. They might have figured that out because the damn trucks started showing up for service without cookies.

Ask the wife to get donation certificates so you can write it off on Income Tax. Every time she donates she's giving them $25,000 in profit.
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When a house down the street burned to a total loss, a couple Red Cross workers (volunteers?) were here even as the fire still burned. Offered clothes, vouchers for lodging, and cash cards, to the two residents who lost all of their possessions and one cat (the other cat made it out).

An EMS "gave oxygen" to the surviving feline;. Wonder who got the bill for that.

We don't get hurricanes, floods, tornados, or toxic spills in these parts. Just the war on drugs.

But those side-by-side "meals" paint a nasty, petty, selfish image of Red Cross.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry
    When a house down the street burned to a total loss, a couple Red Cross workers (volunteers?) were here even as the fire still burned. Offered clothes, vouchers for lodging, and cash cards, to the two residents who lost all of their possessions and one cat (the other cat made it out).

An EMS "gave oxygen" to the surviving feline;. Wonder who got the bill for that.

We don't get hurricanes, floods, tornados, or toxic spills in these parts. Just the war on drugs.

But those side-by-side "meals" paint a nasty, petty, selfish image of Red Cross.

What you're unaware of is that The nice American Red Crook workers who arrived at the fire billed for each and every one of the items given out. If there was no Fire Insurance a lein was placed on the property to recover costs.

You also seem unaware of a program providing canine and feline masks to EMS services that has no affiliation with the Humane Society of the US, another pox upon farmers & hunters.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the late '50 my late dad told me of the treatment he saw during WW-II while in Europe. It didn't sound good but I was too young to really know much about it. Many years later I understand that he was right.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by Franzc
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese

The cookies used to be good back in the 80s. They probably went cheap since then.
    I used to score a lot of the cookies servicing the generators & AC on the bloodmobiles. They might have figured that out because the damn trucks started showing up for service without cookies.

Ask the wife to get donation certificates so you can write it off on Income Tax. Every time she donates she's giving them $25,000 in profit.

Your $25,000 number is absurd.

Do you just make this stuff up ?

Unlike your delusional self I have no need to make things up.
    Occasionally I make what is commonly called a "typo".
    One too many ZEROS.

I know people at the Red Crook, have done work for the Red Crooks, spent 19 years sleeping next to a woman with half the alphabet behind her name who was in the Hospital Infection business who showed me Blood Bank Contracts. When she saw the numbers and conditions she ceased donating blood and advised her kid to not donate. She had been a long time donor before moving here from the ABE area of Pennsylvania.

You'd defecate yourself if you knew what the billed cost of just transporting blood products. Over $2.00 per mile for emergency transport.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CEO makes about $700,000, 6 week paid vacation, ALL healthcare & dental plans paid for their family for LIFE, vehicles, expenses ...etc, etc