In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

That was fast

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
I placed a trailer I never use on C list for sale, got three calls in less than an hour and sold it. It was an older 4*8 break back with wooden stake sides and has been sitting for close to five years. The tires held air but the wood is rotting, metal rusting. I asked 125 and I guess that was cheap. A work Buddy sold it to me years ago for 75 bucks so I thought I done good.
Wife said I should have asked more, but my response was than it would still be out front in the yard!
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks.[:)]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,009 ******
    edited November -1
    You got cash and it's gone,someone else got a great deal. Sounds like a good day. [;)][^][8D]
  • Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now you can put the cash with the gold you found and buy some 22lr.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any time you are ahead and get rid of something you had no use for it is a good day.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,431 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    98, You will meet the nicest folks on CL. I sold my first item last month - a hay wagon to a fellow 30 miles away. I have helped my BIL with other things so I was aware of scams. Sure enough I had two in the 4 days my ad was posted. Terrible english and I didn't bother to respond to see what their detailed scam was.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree. Some people run down CL but I've had great luck selling there. Just be prepared to weed out the scammers from the decent folk looking to buy.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Beware of such sites, because the scammers work both ways.

LOTS of stolen stuff gets disposed of through CL. If what you purchased in good faith later turns out to be stolen you won't be looking at criminal charges, but that item will be seized and returned to the rightful owner with no compensation to you. I've seen this play put many times, where in the end the buyer becomes the victim.

One example I recall is where a guy called the cops because he spotted his own trailer for sale on CL, with the photo obviously taken in his driveway. Problem was that he had no intention of selling it and had no knowledge of how that pic was taken.

Turns out that for months a guy had been going around taking pics of small utility trailers, welders, etc. at residences and businesses, then posting them for sale with a cash only stipulation. When someone contacted him wanting to buy he'd then steal the item, deliver it straight to the buyer, collect his money and disappear.

CL = Thieveslist all to often.