In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

leo follies

codemancodeman Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
edited August 2005 in General Discussion
When I came to work for the local police dept I asked the chief about a story I had heard, and he comfirmed it. Seems an officer had arrested a guy in an altercation who had given him `the finger`,charging the man with disorderly conduct. The judge proceeded to lecture the officer for a frivilous arrest, saying `that gesture could mean anything` and dismissing the case. As the officer was leaving the courtroom, he turned and said,`hey judge` and rendered to the judge that selfsame sign.[^]

Comments

• Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    Yep, it's an expression of free speech, but it could still get you shot in some parts of town.

texasC.gifthumb_Texas-AM.jpg

"If guns kill people, then I can blame my pencil for my spelling mistakes!" -- Larry the Cable Guy
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In most any area, flipping off a cop WILL get you arrested.....

The cops have a saying.......... "You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride..."

Merc

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. " - Al Capone, (1899-1947)

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    I just hope folks here don't think they now have a free ticket to flip off a judge.

The finger may not get you arrested out on the street, but using it in a courtroom CAN get you nailed for contempt of court. It's been upheld.