In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Front Sight Firearms Training

Sven61611Sven61611 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Does anyone have first hand experience with the Front Sight Firearms Training Institute? I know it's something I need to experience. Just wondered your take on the programs.

Thanks!

Comments

• Sven61611Sven61611 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No opinions? Anyone...anyone...anyone...Bueller?
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote: Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

is that the one that gives you a free gun?
    if so stay away they have big troubles.
  • Sven61611Sven61611 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes it is. What trouble? And thanks to all of you that answered! [:D]

www.frontsight.com
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not really heard that much about them, good or bad. I don't know.

There are lots of schools popping up all the time though. If I get a chance to go, I will probably go to Gunsite or Thunder Ranch, only because it seems like those would be the best, but again, I have no facts to back that up.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by txlawdog
    I have not really heard that much about them, good or bad. I don't know.

There are lots of schools popping up all the time though. If I get a chance to go, I will probably go to Gunsite or Thunder Ranch, only because it seems like those would be the best, but again, I have no facts to back that up.
    I would love to go to one or the other. maybe we could book our time together so we would at least know another person there lol
    edited November -1
    Every now and then, they have a class at the range here in Longview. Some guys that have been to Gunsite many times have just an shortened class where you shoot around 3 or 4 hundred rounds. I have even heard about Clint Smith coming to Texas before, somewhere up West of Dallas, I think. I would really like to take some instruction from him. I just think it would be neat.

I have bought some of his videos (home defense, etc...), which are pretty interesting.
    edited November -1
    Clint Smith comes to Texas CQB up around Dallas, he has a rifle class still open, but the handgun classes are full for now.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Front Sight's website says they are hiring more instructors due to demand. What kind of trouble they in?
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been to gunsite and thunderranch.would recommend either of them.not to sure about front sight,used to get alot of literature from them...just not to sure about Dr.piazza.He is supposedly a three gun champ.Never heard anything bad but nothing good either.
    I would recommend gunsite,thunderranch,lfi,dhi,(john and vicki farnum)they travel the states give classes at different ranges.handgun rifle and shotgun.more reasonable priced than the others and great instruction.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Front Sight is run by reported Scientologist Ignacio Piazza. He got jammed up awhile back in a civil action that involved him 'allegedly' scamming a bunch of people on some sort of investment/land deal.

You could probably Google it.