In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The face eating zombie was a good kid!!

BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/31/face-attackers-mother-my-son-was-no-zombie/?hpt=hp_t2

I hope they destroyed the brain!

Face-attacker's mother: My son 'was no zombie'

The mother of Rudy Eugene, who was shot and killed by a police officer as he chewed the face off a homeless man in Miami, says her son was "a nice kid" who could have been subdued with a Taser rather than gunfire.

"He was a good kid. He gave me a nice card on Mother's Day. Everyone says he was a zombie. He was no zombie. That was my son," the mother, who asked that her name not be revealed, told CNN affliate WFOR.

Eugene, 31, was killed by a police officer on Saturday after an 18-minute attack on a homeless man, identified by police as 65-year-old Ronald Poppo. Video of the incident shows Eugene coming across Poppo on a sidewalk along Miami's MacArthur Causeway, stripping clothes off him and eventually chewing on his face.

Police said Poppo lost 75% of his face in the attack. He was in critical condition at a Miami hospital.

Eugene's mother said police didn't need to shoot her son.

"They could have tased him," she told WFOR. "I saw what happened on TV and I started crying."

Eugene's girlfriend, who also requested anonymity from WFOR, said the attacker seen in that video was nothing like the man she lived with.

"He loved God. He always read the Bible. He would give you knowledge on the Bible. Everywhere he went his Bible went. When he left he had his Bible in his hand," the girlfriend is quoted as saying.

"That wasn't him, that was his body but it wasn't his spirit. Somebody did this to him," WFOR quotes her as saying.

Fraternal Order of Police President Armando Aguilar told CNN affiliate WPLG that he suspects Eugene was under the influence of "bath salts," a drug that contains synthetic stimulants that can "cause chest pains, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, agitation, hallucinations, extreme paranoia, and delusions," according to the National Institute of Drug Abuse.

"He was a nice, outgoing, ready-to-help-anybody kind of guy," Cassandra Metayer, a high school friend of Eugene's, told WFOR. "Someone in their right mind doesn't do that. This is not the act of a normal person. It has to be someone under the influence."

Sgt. Javier Ortiz, vice president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police, said officials won't know for certain whether drugs played a role in the attack until toxicology reports are completed in a month or so. But he said police have been seeing increased incidents of drug-induced crime in the area.

Comments

• nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where is Al and Jesse now?
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure he was. That's why he had those neck tattoos and a mug shot already on file...
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not followed this, but my guess would be a Haitian resident of Miami on drugs.

Probably brought back old memories of his motherland.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    society is better off with this animal DEAD
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I have not followed this, but my guess would be a Haitian resident of Miami on drugs.

So whats your guess.

120529022538-rudy-eugene-story-top.jpg
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Believe I will stick with my original one.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I guess all momma's think their little dopers are good kids. Let her go look into the face of the victom and say that. 70% of his face is gone due to her "good kid".
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Why, a Few Years Back, Coulda been just like Obozo! Could be his Boy! Just Like that Angel, TrayVon.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    75% of his facde lost? That was a justifiable shot if ever was one. If it was my kid I'd still say that.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    They're all good, until they become UNDEAD.

You can't "fix" a zombie.[V]
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    This Could Be Obammys Son[:0]quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

So whats your guess.

• Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All face eaters must die!!!
  • swopjanswopjan Member Posts: 3,292
    edited November -1
    My friend thinks the government did it and is going to initiate a zombie attack for population control. Same friend also told me government officials were handing out pamphlets on how to survive a zombie attack. she didn't really get it when i pointed out the paradox...
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The officer must have been using the Hornady Zombie Defense ammo. And to think I laughed and shook my head when they brought it out. I feel ashamed now.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kannoneer
    The officer must have been using the Hornady Zombie Defense ammo. And to think I laughed and shook my head when they brought it out. I feel ashamed now.

Me too, I am guilty of snickering at a guy for buying a box for his new pistol. Figured the sales guy duped him...
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course you do realize this will result in a Zombie/Cannibal bill hearings in Congress.[:o)][;)]

I can see it now. (Hypothetical) I shot a zombie in self defense.

Congressional hearings-
    Define Zombie-

Congress-
    We don't have experts

Congress-
    We need a study

Congress-
    Funding will come from:
    CDC, DHS, FDA, EPA, DOJ, DoD.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87

So whats your guess.

YEP !!!
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    i don't have any problem with killing the zombie.
    but i'm curious, did the LEO try any other interventions first.
    seems like a few well placed kicks to the head or a couple full arm swings with a baton to the base of the skull would have accomplished the same, and been much more rewarding.
    maybe it's jut me........[;)]

tom
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87

So whats your guess.

That's what Obama wants to say. [;)]

Remember the Trevon quote folks?

NS
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This case is one of the most bizarre I've ever heard. [V] [:(] [:(!]

( In the video, there is at least one person that just wizzes on by. There are a number of vehicles that slow down for a gander, but do not tarey long or intercede. [V] [:(] [:(!] )
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spartacus
    seems like a few well placed kicks to the head or a couple full arm swings with a baton to the base of the skull would have accomplished the same, and been much more rewarding.

tom

Good way to get a leg chewed off too.

Allen
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Alan Rushing

This case is one of the most bizarre I've ever heard. [V] [:(] [:(!]

( In the video, there is at least one person that just wizzes on by. There are a number of vehicles that slow down for a gander, but do not tarey long or intercede. [V] [:(] [:(!] )
    Have you not lived in America for the past several years?

Your on your own brotha.

Luckily you have all our fellow GB members who declare passionately on a recurring basis about how they's 'shoot this guy' or 'kill that guy' at the drop of a hat.

I hope of our fellow GB members is present if I'm ever in need. [;)]

NS
    edited November -1
    Guys have you hear there was another attack of the same nature?
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kannoneer

That is funny.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://fox2now.com/2012/06/06/cannibal-attackers-girlfriend-speaks/

Cannibal Attacker's Girlfriend Speaks

MIAMI, FL (CNN) - A Miami woman says her boyfriend is not a crazed cannibal.. in fact, he was a loving person. Rudy Eugene was shot and killed last month by a Miami police officer who says he found Eugene eating another man's face. Yovonka Bryant says that behavior is not the man she knew.

"Rudy never drank alcohol or used drugs around me. I only ever saw him smoke a marijuana cigarette once. One thing that I loved about Rudy is how he talked about his family. He loved his mother and his grandmother very dearly. The care that he expressed to my son, the friend he became to my brother and cousins, and the man he was to me will never be forgotten. I felt safe with Rudy."

Bryant was questioned by police but is not being investigated. She says Eugene was a Christian who wanted to learn more about the Muslim faith and often read the Bible and the Koran. The victim, who was a homeless man, remains in the hospital.
    edited November -1
    Any up date on the victim? Face transplants are now possible. It seems like he's a prime cantidate.

So far as taking a bathsalt addict high on the stuff on I think I'd want at least three of my friends there to help or a fire arm. I read they have the strength of 6 men.

ANyone who tried to help would have gotten hurt bad.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    Any up date on the victim? Face transplants are now possible. It seems like he's a prime cantidate.

So far as taking a bathsalt addict high on the stuff on I think I'd want at least three of my friends there to help or a fire arm. I read they have the strength of 6 men.

ANyone who tried to help would have gotten hurt bad.

i just gave an update on the apparent victim [V]

quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan

MIAMI, FL (CNN) - A Miami woman says her boyfriend is not a crazed cannibal.. in fact, he was a loving person. Rudy Eugene was shot and killed last month by a Miami police officer who says he found Eugene eating another man's face. Yovonka Bryant says that behavior is not the man she knew.

"Rudy never drank alcohol or used drugs around me. I only ever saw him smoke a marijuana cigarette once. One thing that I loved about Rudy is how he talked about his family. He loved his mother and his grandmother very dearly. The care that he expressed to my son, the friend he became to my brother and cousins, and the man he was to me will never be forgotten. I felt safe with Rudy."

Bryant was questioned by police but is not being investigated. She says Eugene was a Christian who wanted to learn more about the Muslim faith and often read the Bible and the Koran. The victim, who was a homeless man, remains in the hospital.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    couldn't wait in line for his soylent green ????
  • TempestTempest Member Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Play stupid games..........win stupid prizes!
  • CDMeadCDMead Member Posts: 2,141 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan

"Rudy never drank alcohol or used drugs around me. I only ever saw him smoke a marijuana cigarette once.

I'm getting too old to tolerate certain things. This person instantly lost credibility with that two sentance contradiction. [xx(]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Police should never shoot to kill under any circumstances. He should have shot both of his ears off and when his hat fell down over his eyes he could have sneaked up on him, or why couldn't he have just shot his teeth out. In the case of an armed suspect they should always shoot the gun out of the hand. Don't they teach quick draw and trick shooting at the academies anymore?
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    ...maybe it's jut meYeah, it is.
  • walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I see a naked guy in the park knawing on the face of someone else, I shoot the basterd. That's my policy.

What would Dirty Harry do?
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    When I see a naked guy in the park knawing on the face of someone else, I shoot the basterd. That's my policy.

What would Dirty Harry do?

If the person who was having his face eaten was a Liberal Democrat, Harry would have handed the Zombie some salt and pepper shakers.[:D]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

tom

It's just you
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The Victim.. There are pictures of what is left of his face, a bit graffic so I wont post them...From what I saw the only thing left of his face was his goatee.....

The Perp was taking that new crap called "Bath Salts"

article-2151886-135B8C8B000005DC-62_306x423.jpg
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Everybody in the country is all over this dude for eating someone's face, but half of the country ignores the fact that we have a Prez that eats shat [:D].
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

So whats your guess.

looks possessed to me.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

So whats your guess.

looks possessed to me.
    Y'all do realize that 'zombie' is actually a Haitian word, right? Seriously. [:D][:0]