In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Global Warming ? Not in Montana !!

Civil RightsCivil Rights Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
edited February 2008 in General Discussion
My friend just sent me pictures of his house in northern montana and HOLY COW...there must have been at least 10 fet of snow !!!

Comments

• Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You do realize its winter, right?
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    You do realize its winter, right?

That little fact is always ignored in postings stating that "It is -10F outside, what happened to global warming"?
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had no ideal Montana represented the globe

global warming is measured by 1-1/2 a degree measured for 1 year over the entire world, not just a town one person lives in during 1 month
  • Options
    helimanheliman Member Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Global warming? Give me a break! Here in the Pacific Northwest, we are setting snow pack records! I think it is a bunch of $#!t.[:D]
  • Options
    jma2006jma2006 Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Civil Rights
    My friend just sent me pictures of his house in northern montana and HOLY COW...there must have been at least 10 fet of snow !!!

delezl.jpg

It should be 15ft, Daggone global warm'n.
  • Options
    flyfisher363flyfisher363 Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Us montanans just laugh when big cities get three inches of snow and the interstates become a death traps. It could blizzard for days in MT and ND and the world would never know. That's cause we dont loot, rape, complain about the government not being here to hand out welfare checks and complain to FEMA about bringing water instead of pop. WE don't have time cause any able bodied people are helping someone who genuinely can't help themselves. You guys want something to * about??? How about making sure every welfare bilking monkey cousin gets their dope taken away and gets handed a tool belt and gets ordered to shut the hell up and go become a productice member of society
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Civil Rights

332 Posts
    Posted - 01/31/2008 : 8:29:09 PM

You are really onto something here! Snow in Montana in January. "10 fet" no less. How about you find the bottom of it and stay there?
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave W, we've got plenty of snow where I'm at in MT, you won't see me digging to the bottom and staying there. I dearly apologize to those of you that get one inch of snow and freak out, when you get three feet in one night, then you can worry. Here's a thought, when it snows any amount...SLOW DOWN! We are used to driving in lots of snow in the winter to get to work. Global warming, my *![:(!]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic

I dearly apologize to those of you that get one inch of snow and freak out,

I'd freak out too if I ever got an inch of snow!!!

[:0][:0][:0]
  • Options
    stevenrayspeckstevenrayspeck Member Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by flyfisher363
    Us montanans just laugh when big cities get three inches of snow and the interstates become a death traps. It could blizzard for days in MT and ND and the world would never know. That's cause we dont loot, rape, complain about the government not being here to hand out welfare checks and complain to FEMA about bringing water instead of pop. WE don't have time cause any able bodied people are helping someone who genuinely can't help themselves. You guys want something to * about??? How about making sure every welfare bilking monkey cousin gets their dope taken away and gets handed a tool belt and gets ordered to shut the hell up and go become a productice member of society

Its the same way in Nebraska. About 4 years back we got hit with a blizzard that left us with 20' drifts to deal with[:(].... Many people were snowed in for days and we lost a lot of livestock, But the rest of the world had no clue that it had snowed here[:(!]
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:35WhelenClassic

USA
    51 Posts
    Posted - 01/31/2008 : 10:42:44 PM

Dave W, we've got plenty of snow where I'm at in MT, you won't see me digging to the bottom and staying there. I dearly apologize to those of you that get one inch of snow and freak out, when you get three feet in one night, then you can worry. Here's a thought, when it snows any amount...SLOW DOWN! We are used to driving in lots of snow in the winter to get to work. Global warming, my *!

I appologize if my wording was not clear.

Most post was not directed at everyone in Montana. However the troll Civil Rights, well I wouldn't loose alot of sleep if he walked out side and never posted again. (But he's probably somewhere in the Bay area of California and not in Montana at all).
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But he has a frind Montana.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave W.
    quote:35WhelenClassic

USA
    51 Posts
    Posted - 01/31/2008 : 10:42:44 PM

Dave W, we've got plenty of snow where I'm at in MT, you won't see me digging to the bottom and staying there. I dearly apologize to those of you that get one inch of snow and freak out, when you get three feet in one night, then you can worry. Here's a thought, when it snows any amount...SLOW DOWN! We are used to driving in lots of snow in the winter to get to work. Global warming, my *!

I appologize if my wording was not clear.

Most post was not directed at everyone in Montana. However the troll Civil Rights, well I wouldn't loose alot of sleep if he walked out side and never posted again. (But he's probably somewhere in the Bay area of California and not in Montana at all).

I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep either![;)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    use enough gunuse enough gun Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Global warming??????......bring it on...the well digger quit.Dave
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i dont know much about global warming, but i remember as a kid when the whole family would shovel the driveway and we would have snow piled as high as we could throw it. now for the last several years our average snow fall is about 10-12" per year
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Kentucky, we haven't gotten enough snowfall to make a snowman.

I think the most we've had on the ground has been about an inch and a half.

Its a La Nina year, so this was expected.
  • Options
    cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we have not had enough snow since 2001 to even make a snow ball here since then. very not normal for us here

pic is from winter 96/97

deepsnow.jpg