In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lightning did it again

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Who ever believes Lightning does not stike twice in the same place listen up. It has hit the 5th time within 200 yds each time. This time it got my home. Went down the power pole and took out everything. Grounded itself out and left a burnt mess. We were without real power and used the generator for three days until it was totally repaired. Insurance is wonderful however I was informed when the claim is paid I am being cancelled. I guess it was my fault the power pole was placed there. Next time I will email God and see where it belongs.. ( at least that is what I will tell the insurance commission when I am cancelled )

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Insurance is only a garantee of a loan in case you ever need it. If you use it for your auto, they raise your rates until it is paid back. We were canceled on our property insurance after 30 years for "excessive claims". i figured it up and the claims made in one year totaled only slightly more than the premium.
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    God I hate insurance companies.
    [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

BW(trying to collect from them every day.)

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    select-fire
    Got one of these for my house, for T-storms it don't help with damage but it helps knowing they are coming. mine works about 400-600 miles out. Get one it will pay for itself!
    http://www.boltek.com/stracker.htm

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif
    Proud Member of
    The Secret Society of
    Black Helicopter Pilots
  • Options
    charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like them insurance company SUR-CHARGES too!![:(!][xx(]

"Well i'll be a suck egg mule"...Arthur Hunnicutt.
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    There's a company here in GA that 'lighting proofs' your home. Check your yellow pages. There may be a similar company where you live.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • Options
    LightningLightning Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am innocent.[:D][:D]