In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gas Price Conspiracey?

joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
edited September 2005 in General Discussion
Well lets think about it, Katrina sat in the ocean for 2-3 days before it hit LA and MS. I have heard that there were tankers in port, but could they not have moved those tankers out to sea and get them to Texas. i know weather is unpredictable but i mean come on they knew about Katrina for about a total of 4 days so they could have got those ships to texas Right?

NO MORE MARDI GRA!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comments

• RoadkillRoadkill Member Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well ROADKILL u anwsered my question and i learned alot more to the problem

NO MORE MARDI GRA!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • CameroonCameroon Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about the gasoline that's already at the gas station?
    Why has the price gone up .42 in less than 24 hrs. That's
    taking advantage of a situation for profit only.
    edited November -1
    its called price gouging it is against the law but the gov can jump in and take control. but they probley won't, cause i know if there was say a food shortage the gov can take control and set the prices.

• zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    THAT would have been fun ... chugging a filled tanker into a category 4 or 5 hurricane! LOL I love reading this stuff! Keep up the good work!
    edited November -1
    hey zipper the hurrican was comeing and they knew it, so don't tell me they didn't

• hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    Didn't the government jump in and hold the gas prices in Hawaii? Thats what I heard, I think

100,000 [:)]Waving.gif[:)]can't be wrong
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok say that excuse of Katrina putting the refineries out of commission is legit, but once they get everything up and running again prices should go down, but they won't

I would like to know about the excuse of "supply and demand", what has changed to make the demand go up from last year?

reloaderror.jpg
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    joker,
    Please edit your signature line.

The "NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO".....one.

While we can understand your disappointment about the Mardi Gra, it is too wide and is stretching EVERY thread you post on, making the threads hard to read, because you have to scroll back and forth to read the posts.

Looks like taking out 8-9 of the "O's" would just about do it.

Thanks

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    sorry Pickup i have a 19 inch screen so i don't know this but it has been change jst let me know after this post if more trimming needs done

NO MORE MARDI GRA!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    (not misspelled i chose to type it this way Frenchie)
  • CZECHMATE2CZECHMATE2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stopped at a local station last night & the clerk was complaining that a little old lady said they were price gouging & she asked for my opinion.Well I asked her if she had any fuel delivered that day & she said no they hadn't. Well my replay was yes I thought she was gouging because the fuel in her tanks was already paid for but I guess she didn't like my opinion.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    1. Joker, tankers move REAL slow. It would have been hard to move them out of the way, as unpredictable as the path of most hurricane's are.

2. Joker, SHORTEN YOUR D SIGNATURE! A simple five or ten digit NNOOOO would get the same message across.

3. Czechmate2. It's called 'business math.' Sometimes it's gouging, but not all the time. Here's how it works:

Say yesterday you had the gas tanks at your store filled with 1000 gallons of gas. You paid $1.00 a gallon for the gas and are charging $1.05 a gallon.

Today a hurricane hit the gulf, disrupting shipement of gas. You are notified from your gas supplier the next load of gas you order will cost you $1.20 a gallon.

What do you do now? Keep selling what you have for $1.05, and not have enough money to order more? or, up your price to $1.25 so you can order and pay for more gas so you can stay in business?

Well? What choice would YOU make?

WW2Guns005.jpg

"The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised!"
    -- Gen. George S. Patton
    referring to the M1 Garand
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed! The oil companies are talking to each other to keep prices where they are. It's becoming a Monopoly.

Whatever happened to the good ole gas wars????

Better to carry a pistol and not need it than need a pistol and not have it.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cameroon
    What about the gasoline that's already at the gas station?
    Why has the price gone up .42 in less than 24 hrs. That's
    taking advantage of a situation for profit only.
    Ok let explain it this way You own a store that sells widgets. You get a loud of them in and pay .50 ea. You price them at .75 ea. Now the person who sells the widgets to you raises the price to a 1.00 ea. Now do you sell your widgets for .75 or realising you have to buy more widgets to restock raise the price to 1.25 allowing you to keep your profit margin and feed your family or keep the price at .75 and close your doors because you don't have enough money to buy a new stock of widgets

"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
    - Max Lerner
    edited November -1
    Rebel i know that they move slow but u are telling me they knew a hurricane is coming and they say oh well let the ships stay there. come on now, the hurricane even stayed in the ocean for 2 days in the same spot. they had a week and they did nothing in that regard. by the way since doing and even watching tv i have learned some of the gas plants where oil is turned into gas were shut down or out of order so i know that has a part to play in it.

Can someone please explain why are refineries are so close to the coast anyway beside unloading it. why not pump it inland, say miles inland (guess it would be to smart)?

No More, No More, No More, No More, No More, No More, No More, No More, No More,
  • CZECHMATE2CZECHMATE2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's called gouging! When it's in your tank & you paid $1 for it you charge more for the next load after it's delivered.When they originally started to sell gas they didn't have the $1 to pay.So how did they get in the business anyway?