In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Edwards jury coming in...

Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Verdict due shortly on Fox News.

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    "EDWARDS" who?[?][?]
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    That crap eating grin on his face says he thinks the deadlock means he walks. I hope they drag him back to court again.

That guy makes me sick.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have figured out 1 count out of 6 in two weeks. Two weeks of jury deliberation....Deadlocked on the other 5 counts..
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1 count is hopefully good enough to send him to prison!!!
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think he would look realy good staring out from behind bars wearing his new stripped clothes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The judge orders them back to diliberate some more. Maybe that will wipe the poop eating grin off of his face.[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not guilty on one count, money from Bunny Mellon. Mistrial declared on the other 5 charges.

What a waste of time and money. [:(!]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And how many of you thought it would turn out any differently?[:0][:D]

Haven't paid the slightest bit of attention. I knew what would happen ultimately.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    Not guilty on one count, money from Bunny Mellon. Mistrial declared on the other 5 charges.

What a waste of time and money. [:(!]

Foxnews says he ordered them to continue the deliberations. Did he change his mind?

Yes, a waste of time and money. He's through politically and socially anyway.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It just pizzes me off that 12 people can't agree on more than one out of six charges. Millions of dollars down the drain. [:(!]

Maybe we need professional juries that understand the law and don't vote on emotion.
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    The judge orders them back to diliberate some more. Maybe that will wipe the poop eating grin off of his face.[}:)]

Maybe they are feeding them too well.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It just pizzes me off that 12 people can't agree on more than one out of six charges. Millions of dollars down the drain. [:(!]

Maybe we need professional juries that understand the law and don't vote on emotion.

We certainly need to take away all the media coverage.
    It encourages people to try and get on high profile events, that would probably be rejected for service otherwise.

They want their 15 minutes of fame, and to hopefully be paid for interviews. Maybe even write a book.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1

I just want to stop seeing him on TV, and stop hearing about him. He's a low life in my eyes, and he has to look his children in the eye with the whole nation knowing what he has done while their mother was living he final days out.

What a piece of crud!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley

I just want to stop seeing him on TV, and stop hearing about him. He's a low life in my eyes, and he has to look his children in the eye with the whole nation knowing what he has done while their mother was living he final days out.

What a piece of crud!

If being a dirtbag was a crime, he'd get the chair. [:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If being a dirtbag was a crime, he'd get the chair. [:(!][/b]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] True

I just don't want to see that stupid grin on his face. Even if he had been convicted, he would have done his time at "club med for politicians".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So What??? I wouldn't have convicted him either...

John Edwards just came out of his trial and gave a tearful confession of his sins to the assembled media.

It was pretty dramatic.

This afternoon he was declared not guilty of one criminal count, and the jury was hung on the five other criminal counts against him.

At his press conference, he made it clear where the fault lies.

"While I did nothing illegal, I did an awful, awful lot that was wrong," he said, "If I want to find the person responsible for my sins it is me and me alone."
    He also referenced his children, including Cate Edwards, who had been at the trial every single day, "no matter how awful and painful the evidence was for her."

He mentioned also Emma and Jack, his two other children with Elizabeth Edwards, his deceased wife. He also mentioned Quinn, the daughter he conceived with Rielle Hunter. "My precious Quinn," he said, almost choking up, "who I love more than any of you could ever imagine, who I am so close to and so grateful for."

This is the same child that he denied even knowing when the controversy first came to light.

Edwards promised some kind of second act in political life, mentioning that he wanted to help poor children, "in whatever way I'm still capable of helping them"

"I don't think God is through with me," he said
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WAAAAAAAHHHHHH....I'M SO SORRY....THAT I GOT CAUGHT...god may not be thru with him but America should be
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just curious how this politician is any different than newt gingrich or a host of others we could name.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sadly, I am not at all suprised.
  • Options
    oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire

John Edwards just came out of his trial and gave a tearful confession of his sins to the assembled media.

It was pretty dramatic.

This afternoon he was declared not guilty of one criminal count, and the jury was hung on the five other criminal counts against him.

"While I did nothing illegal, I did an awful, awful lot that was wrong," he said, "If I want to find the person responsible for my sins it is me and me alone."
    He also referenced his children, including Cate Edwards, who had been at the trial every single day, "no matter how awful and painful the evidence was for her."

He mentioned also Emma and Jack, his two other children with Elizabeth Edwards, his deceased wife. He also mentioned Quinn, the daughter he conceived with Rielle Hunter. "My precious Quinn," he said, almost choking up, "who I love more than any of you could ever imagine, who I am so close to and so grateful for."

This is the same child that he denied even knowing when the controversy first came to light.

Edwards promised some kind of second act in political life, mentioning that he wanted to help poor children, "in whatever way I'm still capable of helping them"

What I would have expected from you. SF. That last line is the most pitiful crap I've heard since "I was drunk, I didn't mean it" and "I was mad when I said that."

Is there a smiley for nausea? Puking? couldn't find it. That "God isn't finished with me yet is the most lame assed cop out excuse I've ever heard.
    If you're gonna be a disgrace to the human race at least take credit for it yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldrider

Is there a smiley for nausea? Puking? couldn't find it. That "God isn't finished with me yet is the most lame assed cop out excuse I've ever heard.

eck16.gif
    john_edwards2_240.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you Spider.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a special place being prepared for a guy that cheats on a wife that has cancer.
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Actually I think they did a pretty good job. Yes Edwards is a lowlife dirtbag & was even before all this came out but the charges were BS. Gingrich is at least as bad if not worse in how he treated his former wives but I don't think anyone suggested he should go to jail for it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldrider

It was pretty dramatic.

What I would have expected from you. SF. That last line is the most pitiful crap I've heard since "I was drunk, I didn't mean it" and "I was mad when I said that."

If you're gonna be a disgrace to the human race at least take credit for it yourself.

I sure as heck hope you NEVER sit on a jury and convict a man or woman on a moral issue instead of a criminal act. NO crime was done. Cheating isn't a crime only to the spouse. In other words.. she is the only one who could have sued him.. and she is dead.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The legal vs. moral point is not what got me striired up about Mr. Edwards. We all knew that his moral fiber is about as strong as a Kleenex tissue.

It's the "God hasn't finished with me yet" plea for absolution that I can't stomach. The guy is a disgrace.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of tenant's that strip for a living. I also have a gay tenant. Morals these days aren't for me to judge. What he has in his religious belief is between him and God. Not me.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Is adultery still on the books as a crime? I thought it was.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of tenant's that strip for a living. I also have a gay tenant. Morals these days aren't for me to judge. What he has in his religious belief is between him and God. Not me.
    When it comes to the all mighty dollar that is all that matters.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    When it comes to the all mighty dollar that is all that matters.

All that matters is that I don't discriminate and get a big lawsuit filed. There money is just as green as the next person. BTW.. they all passed the background check.
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He wasn't on trial for cheating on his wife.

He was on trial for lying, and inappropriately using using campaign funds.

Little bit of a difference there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by diver-rig
    He wasn't on trial for cheating on his wife.

He was on trial for lying, and inappropriately using using campaign funds.

Little bit of a difference there.

Exactly..All the witnesses were dead. The govt. paid off the main witness they used and he scammed them for 1 million dollars to buy a house and got amnesty. Anywho.. Edward's peers found him Not Guilty..
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What a piece of crud!

Danny, you are being too kind..

This guy is worse than McCain,, you know the dirt bag that abandoned his wife after the horrific car wreck, for a rich Blonde Bimbo.. Another Dirtbag.....
  • Options
    JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The invocation of religion is the last refuge of a scoundrel.[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What he has in his religious belief is between him and God. Not me.

Exactly. So he's bringing it up to try to create some sympathy. Too late.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    What a piece of crud!

Danny, you are being too kind..

This guy is worse than McCain,, you know the dirt bag that abandoned his wife after the horrific car wreck, for a rich Blonde Bimbo.. Another Dirtbag.....

No argument from me.