In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does this happen to anyone else?

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
I went turkey scouting tonight so what do i see ya you guessed it deer. first herd i see 6 of them laying 50 yards from me sitting on my four wheeeler just sitting there enjoying the spring night. so i drve away to the next field i want to look into. Guess what i see? if you said 7 deer you win. so with in 200 yards i see 13 deer and no turkeys. if you turn back time to deer season i sat in my stand for 2 weeks and see one deer and a flock of turkeys i could set my watch too 430 every night. is it just me or do deer and turkeys no when its time for us to hunt them?

Comments

• Options
    powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    After a day or two with every d*** fool [}:)] in the woods shootin' at em I guess they do know. Besides you weren't actin' threatening.[;)]

fc3cdbfd.gif
    1858rpocket.gif

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I scouted for turkey several weeks ago and saw 60+ deer.I was seeing deer in groups of 15 or so at a time.It appears the large groups have since split up probably getting ready to drop there fawns.Now I see them in two`s and three`s.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really enjoy when I see deer in the woods this time of year trying to figure out which ones are the bucks. With no antlers it makes it a lot more difficult. Given just a few postures a person can usually tell the difference.
    While fishing a couple weeks ago, I saw 15 or so deer on the land I would have hunted last year if my back hadn't gotten me down.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by powdersmoke
    After a day or two with every d*** fool [}:)] in the woods shootin' at em I guess they do know.

I dont think thats it. I think the earth swallows the game the day before the season begins, and lets the game go the day after the season is over. I moved to a new house in early March, and the place is infested with turkey. Any time of the day, you will see at least one turkey. Every night since I have been here, some 40 birds roost in the trees about 40 yards from my house, and every morning they fly down-this has been the routine every day since I moved here-except the day before opening day. I did not see any turkeys all day, and I was sure they would come around before itr got dark, and fly up into the trees, as they have done every single night since I have been here-guess what? They did not come here to roost that night. I am not hunting them, but was planning on going out and calling some birds in on opening day-fugggedaboudid-did not see one turkey. They have been coming around lately,a few more each day, so maybe the earth releases a few at a time as the season develops.

"It is important, that the habits of thinking in a free country should inspire caution in those entrusted with its administration, to confine themselves within their constitutional spheres, avoiding in the exercise of the powers of one department to encroach upon another. The spirit of encroachment tends to consolidate the powers of all the departments into one, and thus to create, whatever the form of government, a real despotism.."
    -George Washington