In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Geico Auto Insurance

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited September 2005 in General Discussion
Just got informed from Geico that our insurance for 6 months on the van will increase from 600.00 to 1027.00 for the same Full coverage,, Their reason , their records indicate we live in an area where accidents have increased..

So called Mercury Insurance,, can get the Same insurance from them for 534.00 for the 6 month period..

Man what a racket,, suck ya in for low payments then shove it to ya..ADIOS GEICO . ALOHA MERCURY..

"when you see the enemy, you attack and shoot him down, anything less is just bull shi*
Baron Von Richthofen (RED BARON)

yo-yo.gifsmilie_flagge13.gifmittelgr124.gif

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have to pay for all those commercials somehow.. I had them briefly also.
  • Fourth HorsemanFourth Horseman Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had Mercury now going on 7 years. I always get solicited by Geico and Progressive saying they can beat Mercury but when I actually called them for quotes for coverage exactly like what I'm getting from Mercury, Mercury was still cheaper. I get a good driver discount and a long term customer discount. So far no one can beat them. Now I've never actually had to make a claim, so I don't know how good their claims and payoff services are but I imagine they'll be about as good as anyone else.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I dropped State Farm for the same reason,, had a policy with them for 20 years, and then they wanted to double it,, said I was about to become a statistic.. Never have made an automobile claim on any insurance...[:)]

"when you see the enemy, you attack and shoot him down, anything less is just bull shi*

• RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Larry-

Welcome to the world of ex-Geico policy holders.

After several years of faithfull premium payment, and no claims, Geico decided to, (as a result of their own mistake) to "re-issue" my "renewal policy" at almost twice the premium.

A friend of mine, (also a local IPSC club member/shooter who owns an insurance company) set me up with AIG Insurance. At that time AIG was very "hungry" for the Florida market and was beating everyone in coverage and premiums. You may have seen the recent influx in tv adds for AIG. It is worth looking into. As for Mercury, my friend also sells Mercury and is an agent for Progressive. Yet he says that AIG is presently providing the best coverage and the lowest premiums.

If you need any more information send me an e-mail and I will provide you with his phone number. You can discuss it with him without any obligation

By the way, have you noticed the new Geico campaign offering "new" lower rates in Florida? Geico contacted me after I dropped them. I told them my present premium payments which were much lower than their original policy premiums. They couldn't begin to match them, and were not to happy about it. I told them to call me when they were able to at least "match" the premiums, (if not the coverage). I haven't heard from them still...[:0][?]

edited November -1
    What about the car insurance for retiree's.. the one that has the Female Police Officer walking up to the guys car window and asking him for his card and how much cheaper it is ? I can't recall the company name.
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I think I will have Beth check with AIG.. I remember hearing something about them..I had progressive after State Farm, then they went through the roof to, then on to Gieco, and now shopping around again..[:(]

• dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one with the lady cop.
    Isn't that one AARP the "ANTI GUN PEOPLE"

Retired Air Force Msgt--NRA Life Member since 1971
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Auto Owners Insurance Company will probably beat every single other company in Florida on drivers over age 60 pretty much hands down. They are also one of the only companies in Florida with an A++ rating. Only one prob for you Classic: All of their agents are inland, and they will not write homeowners insurance on the coast.

Ben

00tinybuck.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats it aarp. Kinda reminds me of carp.. Classic, most insurance companies give you a break on car insurance if you have more insurance with them.. like homeowners, boat, life ect .. I just got a quote on the new home... WOW.. State Farm gives a 30% + discount for the first 6 years on a new home. I can insure it cheaper than the home we are living in now that is used.
    edited November -1
    Only need the insurance for the car and the Harley,, Hell they insure the Bike with Full coverage for only 230.00 bucks a year.. go figure..

• rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go USAA man, you're a retiree and are eligible. They'll beat that price I'm sure.

1 800 531 8080 is their number. Get a quote and let us know how it turns out.[8D]

jumpmaster.bmp
    edited November -1
    Is that the same as the NOCAA???????I know they underwrite auto insurance.. Didnt think about them.. I rarely use my retirement status for anything.. so I havent bothered to check em out..[:0]

Only thing I use it for is the Hunting and Fishing license, and then still wind up buying them.. [;)] but I do get free access to hunting lands here in Florida..[;)]

• RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Either Florida insurance is a heck of a lot higher or you have a very expensive van Classic. My wifes car insurance runs less than $600 a YEAR! My 20 year old daughter who got a 57 in a 20 ticket only pays $600 a year. (PLPD). I don't pay nuttin. [:D] Company pays for mine!
    edited November -1
    I never paid over 500 a year anywhere , for full coverage.. I think Florida is a high Risk area, what with all of us Old Geezers driving around, cant see over the steering wheel, cant hear unless we have our hearing aids turned up and havent got a clue as to what a Turn Signal is.. and doing 25 in a 55 speed zone..and stopping at every yard sale sign..[:D][:D][:o)][:o)][:o)]Yep even on the Harley..[:0]

• WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I highly recommend AIG Auto Insurance, they give an NRA MEMBER DISCOUNT. However, you must CALL the NRA Member Sale Representative directly. Look up the number online, it is worth it. I got a VERY, VERY, VERY generous discount just for being an NRA Member.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOΛΩN ΛABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer
  • tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    we make it a policy EVERY TWO years to re-shop all our auto, business and personal property ins.

this keeps us from the surprises!

***Father, Husband, and all around Nice Guy***
    edited November -1
    quote:Is that the same as the NOCAA

Nope, not the same. Two different beasts. USAA has is a bank, car insurance, life insurance and a few other things. They really help the soldier out usually.

Heck, just give em a call. Quotes are free bud.

jumpmaster.bmp
  • RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    I highly recommend AIG Auto Insurance, they give an NRA MEMBER DISCOUNT. However, you must CALL the NRA Member Sale Representative directly. Look up the number online, it is worth it. I got a VERY, VERY, VERY generous discount just for being an NRA Member.

-WW

wwsm.GIF
    MOEUN EABE

samsm.gif"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams, Patriot/Brewer

That is true. NRA has a membership group discount agreement with AIG. But, and this a big BUT, is not as big as the NRA discount is meant nationwide, and it's outdated. Sometime ago, when I was still active with Geico, I inquired through the NRA access with AIG for lower rates than Geico. While the AIG rates were lower than the average Geico premium, they were not lower than mine as I enjoyed Geico's (supposed) "preferred" status, and therefore they couldn't match it at that time, in that specific program. Since then AIG has indeed launched an assault into grabbing a bigger portion of the car insurance "pie" in Florida, at even better rates than those afforded in their NRA affiliation program.

It is widely known that "regular" homeowner's type insurance companies can and do offer special "per individual case only" as an extension "rider" policy. But then, here in Florida, just as easily, homeowners insurance is either doubled-up or cancelled without explanation. When that happens, it pays to check with insurance companies whose main interest is not connected to home-owners type to formulate their rates. [B)][8][:(!][V]

edited November -1
    Classic, USAA is not NCOAA. USAA and some company I can't remember right now always take turns being rated number one and number two for price and service. After you've been with USAA for a couple years they start sending a rebate just before Christmas every year (depending on how many claims they have). It's not a "for profit" insurance company. I've had my auto and house insurance and credit card with them since 1984. They are a HUGE financial outfit. They'll hold the mortgage on a house, finance a car, full service bank, etc. They have some financial stuff for everybody, but to get their insurance or banking services, you have to have some connection with the military. Retired is a pretty good connection. There is somebody who doesn't like any company, but I really like them. When we had the big hail storm, I had to drive to Durham. The adjuster looked at the car and cut a check on the spot and said if it cost more to let him know. When that clown hit my truck in Clarksville, they sent an adjuster to the house. I got a check about a week later.

MCsig01.jpg
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    USAA Auto & Property Insurance (800) 531-8111

MCsig01.jpg
    edited November -1
    we will give em a call..Thanks

edited November -1
    the number I gave earlier is new member policies, but they will transfer your call regardless

jumpmaster.bmp
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oops. I didn't see the other number. I got that one off the little blue card they send out. Both should be good, the other one is probably better. Sorry bout that. [:o)][:I]

MCsig01.jpg
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I married my wife, the insurance on her turbocharged convertible Eclipse was $277/mo. Her payment was only $287/mo. She could have bought a much more expensive car and insured it for the same amount. That was through American Family, we're with Allstate now, cheapest I can find.

As far as Geico raising their rate. I hear-tell the Gecko had some major plastic surgery done. Had to pay for it somehow.

"Better to carry a pistol and not need it than need a pistol and not have it." - Me

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/

EMCFRtn.jpgEMT.jpg
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
    edited November -1
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i made one claim my fault just a little fender binder. filed it with allstate my ins. and all they said was don't get in another accident for 5 yrs and your ins. won't go up. not only that but man i had a crap load of speeding tickets and they have not sent me anything saying my ins. would go up or could go up from them. Allstate is alright for me got to love those personal agents that they give u

YOU BEEN NUNNED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Insure a 2000 Dodge diesel 4X4 truck, a 2002 ford ranger with full coverage on both and $100 deductible PLUS a house with expanded firearm coverage replacement cost contents coverage and full rebuild coverage from State Farm.

Cost 145.00 a month for ALL OF IT.

I like State Farm.
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Have had USAA for the last 7 years, they are alright for sure.

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~