In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7MM and other drivers --- peterbilt question ???

gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
edited September 2004 in General Discussion
what the heck is it about Peterbilt trucks that their windows fog up all the time (in cool/cold weather )? I've been told by several other owners that it is a Pete trait ,,, anyone know of a fix ? remember this is a daycab

before you ask yes i've had the system checked to make sure its working ok [;)]
worst darn truck I've had for this problem[:(]

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trade it for a KW![:D] Try cleaning the inside of the glass with shaving cream.

"Aim small...Miss small"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    for sensitive skin or regular??? [:D][:D] ok I'll give it a try ,, thanks
  • Options
    springer1springer1 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure about truck,but try Rain-X
    They make a Anti-fog wipe and they work great
    Auto parts store should carry it
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used Rain-x also. Seemed to work ok.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    I only know two things about Peterbilts...

#1: '96 Trans Am vs. '85 Peterbilt. Your insurance company will honestly laugh out loud when you tell them the make and model of the other vehicle.

#2: Q:Why couldn't the test-tube baby be a truck driver when he grew up?; A: Because he wasn't Peterbilt!
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you ever find the answer to that there is thousands of Peterbilt owners out there waiting to here from you!

I have driven probably a dozen Petes and leased/owned two of them, every dang one of them I have had/driven has fogged up. One thing I found is that the drain for the AC is no good and on a humid day the inside of the dash will get wet. I had one that shut off on I-10 in Florida due to water in the dash from the AC, shorted out two relays. I honestly think it is poor design with the duct work for the vents and drains. Try keeping the air flow on fresh and never recirculate.

In reference to the KW remark, the KWs are nothing more than the Camaro in the Corvette vs Camaro debate[:D]

Aint no feelin like Petermobilin[:D] (not for me anymore though, I got an hourly job that doesnt require touching IFTA controlled pavement[:D]

2004052802_Display-25.gif
  • Options
    TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Peterbuilt has a built in cure for this problem. Its called an electrical fire[}:)]
    Seriously though the old timers used to mount a fan on the dash. then would have it blow on the windshield. I once had a 79 Freightliner conventionl. When I bought it the fan was pointed to the windshield. I thought it should be pointing at me, So I turned it. Then one day when I was haveing it serviced. I was telling the machanic about the windshield fogging. He told me to turn the fan back around. It worked.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was driving truck,we used Rain X.
    [^]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gskyhawk, Forgot about Rain X, The stuff works! Follow the instructions to the letter when you apply it.

7mm nut, You quit driving? If it wasn't for the money I probably would too! Even this day cab job is wearing me down. And when are the truck builders going to make a day cab that a 6'2" driver can fit in? I've had more leg room in a Toyota P.U. than in this damb International!

"Aim small...Miss small"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thank you all for the ideas , I'll give them a try [:D] at least I'm not it it all day but boy its a pain when its -10 or so and you have to drive with a window cracked open to keep it from fogging up [}:)]