In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

who here will get effected by gustav?

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
i mean directly in the storms path??

Comments

• Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    I'm not no where near the storm's path but I will be recovering at least 6 Barksdale B-52s tomorrow that are being evacuated because of Gustav.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I am in the Lafayette area.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    We'll get wind, rain, and surge. Mobile Bay
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since the storm hit the news gas is up 30 cents in my area.

I'm thinking it's going to directly affect all of us.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    In Baton Rouge, we're projected to be on the wet'n windy side of the eye. Local schools already cancelled till Thursday. Lots of lower country evacs already streaming through town headed north. My 10.5kW generator, thanks to a good neighbor, is ready to run and under the carport. Happy Labor Day!
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    i am having a steak with mashed potato and a beer for dinner. What does it have to do with the subject? Nothing, but neither do most of the responces to any thread.[:D][}:)]
  • Options
    lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We're in east Texas and by the looks of the mapping, we're gonna get the aftermath, predicting it will slow down and dump a lot of flooding rain. Can't complain, I'm not in New Orleans, facing a storm surge and overflowing canals or on the beach, expecting everything to be washed away.

I certainly hope you come out ok there Beeramid. Lafayette is going to get a butt kicking no matter where it comes ashore. [V][V][V][V][V]
  • Options
    Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
    edited November -1
    We're way north and it looks like we'll be affected by the rats who are diserting the ship early.
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The effects shall not directly affect us. Mid Atlantic seaboard.
  • Options
    watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    Good luck Beermaid! Stay safe.
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in mid Mississippi, if it stays on course we're okay. Lot's of evacuees here, chaos at the grocery store, short tempers at the gas pumps, but much better than Katrina.

I think the hot tempers at the gas pumps are because this time everyone is loaded down pulling trailers, boats, ski-doos, the kitchen sink etc. Many simply have never pulled a trailer before creating a jammed up situation, literally.