In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Arabs & U.N.'s Full Of It! Some Facts To Remember

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited January 2006 in General Discussion
HERE'S THE BRIEF FACTS THAT MIGHT BE WORTH CONSIDERING AS YOU FORMULATE YOUR OPINION ON THE ISRAELI CONFLICTS OF TODAY...

Nationhood and Jerusalem

Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C.E., two thousand years before the beginning of Islam.

* Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.

* Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E. the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the Land for the past 3,300 years.

* The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.

* For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity.

* Even when the Jordanians occupied Jeruslem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.

* Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Old Testament. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.

* King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.

* Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem. Arab and Jewish Refugees

* In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and programs.

* The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.

* Arab refugees were intentionally not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.

The Arab - Israeli Conflict

* The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.

* The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them with weapons.

* Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs

* Of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.

* Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.

* The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.

* The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.

* The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.

These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be. I don't sometimes know myself, but I thought these facts did help me be more articulate on the problem. I have been asked to send this to 20 other people I know and ask them to send it to twenty others - Jew and non-Jew. Since the truth and the cause of peace are universal values we all share, I thought you might be interested.
BEST1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Wow! Maybe some of our towel head cozy members could comment.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Was the United States founded by Jews? Yeah, didn't think so.

If Israel wants to cement her claim to the land, let Israel do it on her own. Trot out all the historical data you want... we could just as easily turn it around and use ancient historical claims to the land as an excuse to turn everything back to the Native American Indians.

But for the here and now? I'm kinda of sick of subsidizing the welfare state we call Israel.
  • Options
    tysonagreentysonagreen Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tend to agree. The middle east is just waiting to tear itself apart. They have been at each others throats for too many generations to count. Now that they have access to some serious weapons its only a matter of time until one of these zealots decides to remove all his enemies. I wonder sometimes what would happen if we just stepped back and let it happen.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Was the United States founded by Jews?

WTH! Yes, matter of fact ... it was.

You've got to read more. My family came over
    in 1652 ... and the first Jews got here in 1654!
    I think that qualifies them as American settlers.

See if you can find out when the first Arabs
    showed up.

http://www.jbuff.com/c091504.htm
    BEST1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    zipperzap,

Then why have you not protested when everyone and their mother says this is a white, Christian nation?

Jews may have settled this nation in the first wave, but as far as "founding" the United States? Join the crowd that says Egyptians were black and discovered flight before anyone else did.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Jews may have settled this nation in the first wave

Yep ... they did. They've been in every army since before the French
    Indian War, fought in the Revolution, War of 1812 with Stonewall Jackson
    in The Battle of New Orleans, fought in Texas in '36, they were at Monterey
    in '47, were there at the First battle of Bull Run and later at Appomattox?,
    too. Some Jews worked on the Union Pacific Railroad after the war.
    They moved across the plains in Conestoga Wagons (one was even a Mountain
    Man in the 1820s), and helped to settle the West. One or two were killed
    at the Little Big Horn. There were Jews who shed blood in '97 and during
    the Philippine Insurrection, as were they in Panama when we dug the Great
    Trench. My wife's grandfather rode with them in the Mexican Incursion of
    '16 with Black Jack Pershing and later in the Battle of Meuse-Argonne in '18.
    My dad fought with a bunch of Jews in the Pacific, on Tarawa and Saipan, and
    my Uncle Jack held one in his arms as he died at D-Day. We used to live next
    to one that was at the Imjin River Line, in Korea. Vietnam, yeah, I knew some.
    I actually even knew a Rabbi, there. ... and I'll even bet there are some in Iraq
    and Afghanistan, today.

Did they found this country? ... not in the strictest sense, because as a
    prejudiced and racist country they were barred ... as were those whites who had
    no significant land holdings. Only the landed were 'Founders' but I suppose you
    already knew that.

There are some here I do not wish to be inclusive of and some I feel inclusive
    to ... Jews? I'm not a Jew but I have some good friends who are and I'm
    pretty particular of who I befriend. [:D][:D][:D]
    BEST1.jpg
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good informative post, I note no one is disputing the facts you have included therein.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    monkey
    quote:we could just as easily turn it around and use ancient historical claims to the land as an excuse to turn everything back to the Native American Indians.

...??? poor, apple and orange analogy, totally factual difference...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:War of 1812 with Stonewall Jackson
    in The Battle of New Orleans,

um... zipper.... sorry to correct you, but you mean Colonel Andrew Jackson, our 7th President, Stonewall Jackson was a Confederate General, although I am sure some Jewish soldiers fought with him as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bloviator,

Why? Because American Indians aren't white?

The fact is that American Indians can place a prehistorical claim to the chunk of real estate we call the United States. Sure, it's not in the Bible, but in traditions just as holy to them, our country is what they called their land.

The only difference is they don't have a media and world government willing to bend over backwards to give them all that they want and then some.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who cares who had it first. Its who has it now...
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nah, it's "who pays for it now?"
    Americans pay for America and need nobody else's help. Israel could not exist without Americans paying its way..I'm damned tired of doing so. I have my own family to take care of, and none of them are members of the Israei whining club.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, but they sure did make some really nice small arms didn't they??? Like the UZI and the Tavor :)