In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How is the Trick and Treating going?

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Are the scary little children robbing you of a lot of candy and other treats?! [:D][^][:D]
What's next?

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1 Kid.

1 kid who walked off with the motherload........I don't even know who she was. Her parents pulled in the driveway and she walked up like she owned the place.

Normally the kids across the road come over, but I guess they are getting too old.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    0 as always.[8D]
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None, not in 7 years here, if someone did show up they each end up with a can of fruit or a coupon for 3 dollars off a pizza
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Knock on my door and they may get shot.
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being the only White guy on the block...0

I now have enough Snickers bars to last me a month! [:D]
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • GTRiemGTRiem Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was my turn to man the door this year while wife walked kids. I was putting candy in a kids bag and saw a can. I said hey whats that can in your bag. Kids laughs and shows me a can of spartan brand beets. His side-kick had beans. when my kids got home I asked about the can goods. My boy said he didnt get any but he talked to someone that got prune juice. Not sure if somebody was just cleaning out the pantry or was pulling an all time funny.[:)]
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None...Nada...Zip...Zilch.

Sweet Mother of the Tooth Fairy I have a load of candy here. I thought for sure the kids in the apartment complexes would be out and about so I stocked up.

Guess it goes into the office tomorrow and I put the programmers on a sugar rush from hell. [:D]
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some one knocked on our door so I grabbed some candy. Turns out it was just some guy trying to sell me a new roof.[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    We are postponed until tomorrow.
    Tornado warnings this evening.

I'm expecting 3-400.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quiet here- But then its only 6:55pm.
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Light Rain, Darkness....The usual - Nobody wants to climb up to the Scary House so I get ALL the candy!!!
  • torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    None, another benefit of living 20 miles out of town and 7 miles from the highway.[:D]
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    7 came by here.
    I think I scared 3 of them really good - one ran away screaming with a crying undertone.

Never got the chance to hand out sweets.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1 so far this year. The kids in the neighborhood are all getting too old. This one was the grandson of a neighbor who was always really nice to my son. They used to make up a special bag just for him.

Their grandkid is going to need dentures after he finishes all the candy I gave him. [;)][:D]
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Gave out about 4 big bags of assorted candy. Nearly all little ones, with a few in their early teens. We turn on all the outside lights, so they'll know they are welcome to come trick-or-treat. Turn them off when the candy is gone, which was about 9 this evening. I enjoy seeing the little ones in their costumes.

Dan
  • 1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    35 this year. Almost ran out of candy. Luckily my wife stopped at the store on the way home from work and asked how much candy we had left. One KitKat was all. She brought home another bag.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Between five and seven we had over 200 kids . Lost track after that.

I was standing out in the yard and a kid that looked around 13 came walking out of my back yard. He walked over to my neighbor's truck and tried the door handle. He then started looking in the back I stepped out from the dark to where he could see me and said "HEY. That' not your truck.!!!! Start walking or you are not going to like what happens next"

He looked like he was going to cry as he quickly started moving away. Little turd
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had the first kids show up at 4:50pm! Wasn't even dark. It's 8:15 now and still getting kids..and some adults[xx(] LOTS of these kids don't even have costumes. That's something I've never seen..not even an old sheet with eye holes cut out..economy is rough. My wife took our two munchkins around the block..and when they go to bed I'll raid their goody bags[}:)][:D]
    IMG_4027717558999_zpsaac9a7b7.jpg
  • bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had 4 young'uns. The zombie football player was best costume![:D]
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    Between five and seven we had over 200 kids . Lost track after that.

I was standing out in the yard and a kid that looked around 13 came walking out of my back yard. He walked over to my neighbor's truck and tried the door handle. He then started looking in the back I stepped out from the dark to where he could see me and said "HEY. That' not your truck.!!!! Start walking or you are not going to like what happens next"

He looked like he was going to cry as he quickly started moving away. Little turd

Man, you had a busy Halloween!!!! That's great. [:D]
    What's next?
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had about 30 so far. Not expecting many more. Great night for the little ones!
    What's next?
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    our little ones just got back, what a load of candy. There are just a few neoghborhoods where the kids casn go, and these folks really go all out, with the candy and the decorations.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Started with 2 large bowls of candy. One big group of about 15 little tikes pretty much wiped out one bowl. I give each kid a handful of candy, not just 1 or 2 pieces. Pretty good turnout.
  • dipitsdipits Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Followed wife to door 1 time.
    A couple pushing a stroller with a baby were on the steps.
    Raining and stroller was open but had a top with rain blowing in. Baby was too small to eat candy. Wife gave the man a small candy bar.
    I decided I should not go back out , I might say something I should not.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    0 as always.[8D]

ahhhhhh I love it too.
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Had a very good turn out this year. Glad to see this tradition isn't dead.
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1