In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

just a thought

KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
edited May 2005 in General Discussion
the show Wife Swap on Lifetime,,,
would probably be better if it was on Skinamax!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Subject: Fw: 545 People

This guy hits the nail squarely on the head. Unfortunately, none of these 545 will ever own up to their responsibility in creating problems we face, or their failure to address important problems. To make matters worse, few Americans are sufficiently informed or deeply interested in what really is causing many of our problems. With one small group (545) lying, denying or pointing fingers at others, and one very large group (millions) uninterested in culpability, we have the perfect ingredients for a 'PERFECT STORM THAT HAS THE CAPABILITY TO DESTROY OUR COUNTRY.

RE-ELECT NOBODY!
    Worthy of your time and attention regardless of your Party Affiliation

545 PEOPLE
    By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like 'the economy,' 'inflation,' or 'politics' that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses

provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it is up to you, though you appear to have several choices.

1. You can send this to everyone in your address book, and hope they do something about it.

2. You can agree to vote against everyone that is currently in office, knowing that the process will take several years.

3. You can decide to run for office yourself and agree to do the job properly.

4. Lastly, you can sit back and do nothing, or re-elect the current bunch
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't want to get too political,but I was thinking maybe welfare reform should come before health care reform,thus giving the working people a little more money to purchase health care.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If they call it tourist season why can't we shoot them? Its
    just a thought

Pvt elect1mike RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it legal to hunt penguins? That's on my bucket list, to go penguin hunting. Don't know why, but I want to. I would think the best gun would be a bolt action varmint gun with a high powered scope, head shot them. Would be kinda cool, take some to a taxidermist and have them stuffed. Anybody know anything about this?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Interesting how the J School boys are
    tumblr_oci0joCex51tumg4fo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    been looking at the ballistics on the new 6.5 Weatherby and they are impressive to say the least. have these super magnums taken the place of skill and wood craft ? very nice deer and elk round though, very efficient
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you can start the day without caffeine,
    If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
    If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
    If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,
    If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you time,
    If you can overlook when people take things out on you,
    If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
    If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
    If you can conquer tension without medical help,
    If you can relax without liquor,
    If you can sleep soundly every night,

You are probably the family dog

vipersig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Im not posting this for the sake of starting an argument but do you think the increase in natural disasters worldwide and failing economy could have something to do with peoples morality falling? We have presidential candidates who are pro-abortion and pro gay rights. We have politicians who support same sex marriage. We have politicians who want to rebiuld a country were christianity is a sin. We have a democratic presidential candidate who has an athiest for a mother and a muslim for a father. We have a government who wants to take God out of our schools. A Government that wants to dictate what can and can not be preached in our Christian churches and at the same time looks the other way when other religions preach racism and anti American messages. Just my two cents but maybe if we would not stray so far from God the U.S.A. may return the great nation it used to be.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    why doesnt the GB forums have a knife message board?
    if this sounds like a good idea could we petetion for one?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So this Muslim woman walks into the local lodge of The Loyal Order of The Camel Dung Brotherhood, and announces that she wants to be a suicide bomber and go to heaven and get 72 male virgins,
    They all stare at her.
    Then they all jump up and chase her out in the street and stone her to death while calling her a S1ut.

Didn't happen but I thought it was funny

binladen.gif

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual, Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities" Ayn Rand.

"We cant be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans" President Bill Clinton USA Today March 11 1993 Pg. 2A
  • Options
    edited November -1
    heres a thought for you folks:

this year, most of your local police officers, fire fighters and emts will make 50,000 or less. these are the people that risk ther lives, work hellish hours, deal with the worst of the worst, to keep you, the people, safe

this year, our service men and women will be fighting an ongoing war against terrorism. whether or not you agree with this one, you might agree with the next war, should it be launched again YOU personally. these men and women will make considerably less than 50,000

this year, tom brady will make several million dollars. he will get paid whether the patriots win or lose and to some extent whether he actually plays or not. does he save your life? does he arrest criminals? does he put his life on the line so you can sit in starbucks and argue whether or not jackson did it? NO! he throws an inflated piece of pig skin around!!!

is this fair? no! i dont really know where this is going. the thought budded in my head during essentially the same conversation with a friend today

nremtpatch.jpgmyoffice.jpgEMT1.jpg

Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round, any variation on this is a bad thing.
    Turret mounted machine guns usually work better than lights and sirens
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This was Scotch taped over a urinal in a restaurant in Charleston, S.C. Kinda puts things in perspective I'm a thinkin!
    " The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of ATTITUDE on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you.... we are in charge of our ATTIUTUDES."
    Just a thought..............................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This was Scotch taped over a urinal in a restaurant in Charleston, S.C. Kinda puts things in perspective I'm a thinkin!
    " The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of ATTITUDE on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you.... we are in charge of our ATTIUTUDES."
    Just a thought..............................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your "thought" has been seriously edited.

nunn
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why do we have the extra day in leap-years in February ? I think we should change it to June 31st. Wouldn't most people prefer an extra summer day to an extra winter day ? [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that
    wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You
    will have your heart broken probably more than once and
    it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so
    remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight
    with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things
    an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast,
    and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too
    many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never
    been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset
    is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be
    afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never
    begin.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is the shooter at Fort Hood still getting a paycheck from the Military? Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Isn't it interesting that Obamalamadingdong has visited the gulf coast to precide over a pending disaster and get his photo ops in, while he has not seen fit to visit Kentucky-Tennesee where 29 people have died, major cities have been devastated and damage already is in the billions? Could it have something to do with the fact that BP was a major corporate contributor to his campaign?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am thinking of selling my colt 6920, I am going to put it up for 2k I think, its reasonable here is what will come with it, I have been really busy and I do not want it. aimpoint comp 2 red dot, burris 3x magnifier, 2 larue mounts one caintilever one flip to the side, 50 mags, 20 p mags and another brand new 20 along with 10 used, all 30 rounders, a Magpul crt locking stock and a fsw 556 flash surpressor and comp all in a od green range bag. does it wound fair?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If the progressive liberals had all the money they spent on royal weddings, Emmys, Oscars, Tony's and other self aggrandizing activities they could well feed the starving children in far away places for which they lobby. But wait, if they did they would have to quit blaming conservatives for all the ills of the world.

Smoky
  • Options
    MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, modern footballs(like brady will be throwing) are made with cowhide rather than pig skin.[:D]BTW, you're aren't telling ANYONE ANYTHING new! You forgot teachers, farmers, some medical proffessionals(sp), and I'm sure many other people. Sadly, the pay scale for any of these positions, will NEVER match up to their actual worth.[V]

bean.gifTo the rich, everything is a neccessity. To the poor, everything is a luxury
  • Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    Bottom line is where the money comes from. Supply and demand.

york.bmp"No taxation without representation, Join the NRA"
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a thought for you: I find your inflated sense of self-worth and self-importance really tedious. If you feel unappreciated or underpaid, get into another line of work. Oh, and don't take yourself and all that 9/11 civil servant hero ca-ca too seriously. I sure as hell don't.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    Then, put out your own damn fires, start your own heart again when it stops, and investigate any crimes against you yourself.

Maybe you are one of those rugged individuals who has never needed and will never need any help, but take my word for it--you are a rare breed.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Then, put out your own damn fires, start your own heart again when it stops, and investigate any crimes against you yourself.

Maybe you are one of those rugged individuals who has never needed and will never need any help, but take my word for it--you are a rare breed.

You miss the point. You take on a job--any job--and you do it. No one is twisting your arm. If you're not getting the kudos you think you deserve, move on to brain surgery or conducting orchestras. What is it with you civil servants over the past ten years? You think just because you wear a badge or ride on a firetruck you can cop an attitude? It didn't use to be that way. It used to be "To serve and protect", and that used to be enough. Now every podunk cop and EMT wants thanks because I can go to Starbucks.
  • Options
    ironjohn929ironjohn929 Member Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So where would you be if the ranks of public servants weren't being filled over the next decade or two, because the money sucked? The bottom line is for whatever reason we get into that line of work, whether it's some unconscious calling or a family tradition, we deserve to get paid accordingly. Are we asking to be millionaires to do the job, not at all, but fair pay would be nice. My first job as a Paramedic, I was making $8.00 an hour, and had more responsibility to my patients than you could possibly fathom. Then I found out that my little brother was making $11.00 an hour selling childrens shoes at the mall. You call that fair. Maybe we should ALL quit and go sell childrens shoes. You act like anybody could just go do a job and make a ton of money if they REALLY wanted to. Well I'll tell you, not all of us are cut out to be doctors, pro sport athletes, or lawyers, or CEO's of major corporations. We are cut out to do the job we do, and we do it, and mostly enjoy doing it, we just want to be payed accordingly for the responsibility we carry.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference...The Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan
  • Options
    FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In April, last year, I wouldn't have made it to the hospital and recovered from dyspnia if it hadn't been for EMT. And this April,
    the pressure our local law enforcement put on the drug dealers across the street worked and the owner is spending lots to upgrade the property to appeal to renters in the mainstream like all other homeowners on this block. Now, I don't have to risk my life telling them to quiet down at three in the morning, and I don't have to carry a .45 while mowing my lawn.

To me, this makes those people, police and other service people, who work underpaid in high pressure conditiions, real heroes.

I've known so many of you lucky, strong, self-reliant folks who can do everything for themselves who spend their lives doing just that,
    EVERYTHING FOR THEMSELVES! Well I can tell them all that they couldn't do spit without the city, county, state and federal public servants that went before to pave their way and who serve them right now in a million ways. No matter what you've paid, it's been damn little considering the life we in America have had for decades.[^]

Frog.

RiBBButt...You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As a corporal (E4) squad leader in Vietnam, I was responsible for twelve other men. I made $120/month. It never occurred to me that I was not paid enough to do what I had to do or see what I had to see, nor did I ever find it necessary to remind the folks back home that they owed their liberty and way of life to me. I enlisted, I knew the risks, I knew the pay, I took an oath and I did the job. Period. Later, in the mid-70's, I joined the LAPD. At the time, cops and hookers commanded about the same degree of respect. I was paid less than $1000/month, but I had the priceless satisfaction of doing what I thought was the most important job in the world. Again, I knew the pay and I knew the risks. But more importantly, I knew who paid my salary and the importance of making good on the trust they placed in me. Fast-forward thirty years. I think it's a whole different mindset now. I doubt military enlistment quotas would be met were it not for joining bonuses, guaranteed training and college funding programs. If such enticements were not necessary, tax payers wouldn't need to pay them. Then there's the cops and firemen who believe the media hype about what heroes they all are. No matter that the chances of them being injured or killed on the job are statistically far less than if they worked at an all-night gas station or 7-11 or taught in an inner-city school. Yet these civil servants find it necessary to remind us-- we who pay their salaries and expect only the service we pay for in return, that they are underpaid and under-appreciated and that we are damn lucky to have them, as if they are somehow exempt from or above showing the same courtesy and regard that every other employee in every other endeavor gives his employer. Again, if the job's not for you for the pay you signed-up for, get the hell out. See what your skills can buy you elsewhere. As for me, I know more cops and more fireman who have spent far more time over 20 years boffing lady firemen and lady cops than they ever did putting out fires or shooting it out in the 'hood (present company excepted, of course[;)]).
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    You didn't say how long you wore the blue suit, but you used past tense, so I presume you are no longer so employed. How long did you serve as a police officer? Why did you get out?

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    You didn't say how long you wore the blue suit, but you used past tense, so I presume you are no longer so employed. How long did you serve as a police officer? Why did you get out?

I'll provide you details in an email if you explain the relevance to this thread.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I'll provide you details in an email if you explain the relevance to this thread.

Ummm...dude's complaining because he can't afford all the guns he wants by being a paramedic. Is that about the jist of it?[:p]

bean.gifTo the rich, everything is a neccessity. To the poor, everything is a luxury
  • Options
    bigride203bigride203 Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The blue suit was powder blue...with a shirt with ruffles...and a uniperm...for the high school prom. He got home late for curfew because the clutch in his Chevette started slipping. Sad thing was he didn't even have a date. After downing a 6 pack of Schlitz, he went to bed and slept soundly after tunes of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love." There! Is that enough detail?

You dudes get lost now, ya hear!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Relevance? Nunn? Bueller? Anyone?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just my thoughts:

By the way, if I made $250,000/yr, I'm not sure I could afford ALL the guns I wanted.

By the way, Tom Brady could save a life...depending on the size of the bet on the game!

By the way, KEVD18, I do more to keep me safe than my local police officers. I can't speak for all municipalities but we don't exactly have the FINEST on patrol around my neck of the woods.

By the way, if my house catches on fire and I live through it, I'll be happy as long as my insurance coverage is better than the fire department.

By the way, none of this is relevant to anything of any real importance. It's a discussion forum for God's sake. I'm not getting paid enough to put forth anything worthwhile. If you want good ideas write to Tom Brady.

• Options
    needmygunsneedmyguns Member Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i make about 30,000 a year driving a milk truck 7 days a week.wife dont work and i have 3 kids.i dont get a whole lot of extra things but man im happy right were im at.gods blessed me with to many things to be unhappy.LIGHTEN UP AND LIVE LIFE..

JESUS SAVES
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A milk truck?! man, your job does the body good every day. Those whiners are only useful when people who need warnings like, "caution contents may be HOT!", get into real trouble![}:)]I'm still with the others. If money is the best/only thing/reason you have for doing that job, get the * outta there! My old man VOLUNTEERS for a local HAZ-MAT response team. The total number of non-training calls in the last 10yrs....1. Some tank started leaking gas into the air. It was under control in under an hour, and not even a single bird lost its life because of that terrible tragedy. I later called that bird in and dropped him with #7s.[}:)]You see it's all a viscious circle in which we kick *.[:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    News Flash:
    We now know DWS's real identity...Ben Stein!

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm affraid I don't understand your news flash. However, Ben Stein IS smart as *!