In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bigdaddyjunior

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
Don't leave us hanging. Did you get the bazooka? or two?

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=533756

quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
Our Sheriff ordered the arrest of his own son for drug dealing after an investigation by his Detectives implicated the boy. His wife left him because he didn't use his inside info to warn the kid of the ongoing operation he got caught up in eventually. She got squat in the divorce (Judge said she left a good man, then called her a foolish woman). He has the job for life if he so chooses. Every cop in this part of the State has his name on the waiting list to become his Deputy. Integrity is a magnet.
I've liked him since way back when he told the ATF, in writing, he was ok with me having a bazooka if I wanted one.. or two.

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    You have an email from me, I used the GB mailer as I do not have your address so when you see an email from 7mm nut it is a valid email, NOT A VIRUS! Use the little flashy thingy in my signature to email me, the email addy GB has for me is wrong.

email.gif
    edited November -1
    Who won the Mauser rifle you were giving away. I missed it.

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
    edited November -1
    Thought you might like to see this. I know you have a fondness for them.

Steven's Favorite #-17
    100_0287.jpg

Comes with ammo
    100_0309.jpg
    edited November -1
    Kurt,

I am away from home. Got your voicemail, but don't have your number with me. Your GB email address doesn't work. Call back and leave your !@#$%^& number.

Rob
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I am going to send your stuff tommrow 2and day air (just so it don't get beat up.) [:D]

when I get the track # I will send it to ya via E-mail

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

"If I can't keep an open mind, learn to think out of the box, What good is it being here?"

California state Motto: By 30, Our Women Have More Plastic Than Your Honda
    edited November -1
    Saw this and thought you might like it.

cowboy_hero.jpg

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    Did ya get the box today? I hope!

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

"If I can't keep an open mind, learn to think out of the box, What good is it being here?"

California state Motto: By 30, Our Women Have More Plastic Than Your Honda
    edited November -1
    Kurt, man listen, I am not stupid, maybe in your eyes I am and I am getting about tired of the comments treating me as such! Do you realy want to know what is going on here, will it satisfy your curiosity???

Robert was born with a Cleft Pallet and upper lip, thru numerous surgeries it has been corrected, not totaly but darn close. He has ear problems because of this birth defect, hearing is bad. The boy grew like a bad weed and his face is somewhat messed up. Now, add in the accident where the drunk driver nailed him and messed up his head. He was in a coma, permanant damage, limited physical activites and even limited menatal abilities. He has what is similar to ADD due to severe head trauma he had as a result of being hit by a car.

In school he was the victim of bullies, picked on, teased because of his looks and his size. He got into fights and almost killed a kid when he snapped and started smashing his head on the concrete floor. We agreed to counseling to keep him from being arrested and having a criminal history. It worked for awhile. The bullying continued and he got into another fight and lost, I hoped that losing would cure him of fighting. His grades went downhill, I forced the school to hold him back a year due to his grades. His last year in school due to me holding him back and flunking on grade on his own put him in the 10th grade at 18 years of age.

I hounded him to stay in school, at the same time I had problems with his sister and a teen pregnancy. I fought both of those kids to stay in school, my daughter graduated, he did not, he quit.

Now Kurt, here is where I messed up. I have worked away all my kids lives, only being there as a father during their toddler years. I traveled for work my entire adult life, those kids didnt have me there. I traveled to Indianapolis Indiana every week, I was a mechanic for a contruction company, I was gone 5 days a week. I started driving truck long haul after that, again never home. In 2005 I came to the middle east to work, I took a break from it for a couple months but it didnt work out, I came back to the middle east and have been here non stop except for a couple vacations since early 2007. My wife had to raise those kids without me, all I was was a paycheck and a visitor from time to time. I did and still do what I have to do to earn a living. As far as following dreams and wanting a better life, that is what I have been working for. 40 years old and still looking for that break!

My wife has not been good with money, I put all my trust in her to take care of finances and that backfired. I tried several times to set up a budget, it didnt work. They say love is blind, yes it is. I loved her and trusted her. Here I sit at 40 years of age no better off then I was 10 years ago. Yes I've made a couple mistakes along the way, it's not all her fault. I made a couple bad decisions and we paid heavily for it. I bailed us out, every time I found a way to bail us out.

So here I sit in the middle east, I trusted my wife again, and once again it failed. I signed up for credit monitoring after I applied to buy some land in Montana and was turned down due to negatives on my credit. After I got investigating my credit I found things that just made me sick. No matter how much I lectured, how much I said that certain things must be done it never worked. Well, I finaly after all these years have taken control, but right in the middle of all this I lose my job! One of the ladies that does onboarding for SAIC made a mistake when entering my info into the computer. Guess what it is? I have a GED!! She did not enter GED into the system but instead entered DIPLOMA!! Two weeks into my new job I get an email wanting me to explain why my listed school does not have me as a graduate. When I told them I had a GED they accused me of falsifying my resume and application. Emails went back and forth, the mistake was found but the lady never owned up to it. I got fired!!!

Ranger Land has offered me a job, same with KBR. I am supposed to start with KBR on April 4. Ranger Land was supposed to start me last week but due to TACOM not processing LOAs in time me and a few others are waiting, we cannot report to work without the LOA from TACOM.

Ok, now here is a kicker Kurt, you want to know why I get frustrated and snap. If this job doesnt work with Ranger Land I have a job to fall back on, no problem. It doesnt matter that now bills are behind and negative reports will hit my credit any time now, I havent had a paycheck in weeks. SAIC when they fired me was to give me a plane ticket to the states. I was forced to fill out a travel voucher and date it for the 18th of Febuary, I wanted to fly the following Monday, they told me no you have to leave on the 18th. I grudginly filled out the form knowing that I could contact United Airways and move the date for a fee of roughly $50. This all happened on the 17th, I got the form filled out and waited, at 2100 (9PM) I went to bed, no emails or itinerarys (SP?) I wake up at 0600 on the 18th and in my email is what I was waiting for, the ticket was to be for that night, gave me the time I needed to change the flight date. Well, the flight already left for the ticket they suppplied! They emailed me the itinerary on the night of the 17th at 2217 (10:17PM) and the flight left at 12:40AM that night! I called United and they told me I had to contact the person who bought the ticket, even with my status on their frequent flier club I couldnt do anything. I called SAIC and got hung up on, I called several more times and was told, too bad. I emailed the company headquarters in VA, and got the same treatment, too bad. I'm stuck in Kuwait, can't leave if I wanted to.

I went to the embassy for help recently and was told that unless there is an emergency evacuation of the State Of Kuwait due to hostile activities they will not help, I'm on my own.

So now, with the offer from Ranger Land I tried to remain calm, this may still work out. If not I will not make it to the states to go with KBR now. There is alot that transpired during all this time with arrangements, emails, I even lawyered up, phone calls ect ect.

I recieved a loan against my car from a friend over here. As things was looking up I sent my hunting outfitter for the Nov elk hunt the license fees making the deadline. A little selfishness on part my, come hell or high wateer I am going on that trip. I'm not giving that up because someone else f'ed me over. I now have a roomate, the friend that lent me the money. I have a place to stay and should be OK, that friend will buy me a ticket home if need be but can't realy afford to do so, there is backup plans but I hate relying on someone else to bail me out.

Now, enough about me. With all this going on, I am stressed beyond belief, trying to stay sane. I get an email that my son Robert was huffing Dustoff, basicaly tried to kill himself. Back into counseling, I'm paying for this with money I don't have. I cannot put him on my medical insurance because of his age. I get another email that the job hunt has him in bad shape, still in counseling.

I have been riding his butt Kurt, and wouldnt you know that I bought him books, CDs and practice tests for his GED and ASVAB test several months ago, infact close to a year ago I did this. I have been on him to get his GED and was working with an Army recruiter to get him into the Army. Recently he was denied entry to the Army due to his medical problems, not going to happen. Even with a waiver. No doctor will sign him off and take responsibility if he gets a head injury and dies, he is a liablility and the US military wants nothing to do with him.

I have been staying on him to do the GED, I told him he gets that he gets help from me. He has no vehicle, he took his insurance settlement when he turned 18 and bought a pickup truck, he wrecked it. I refuse to buy him a vehicle untill he gets a job promise. He explained to me that he cannot get a job without a vehicle, I promise him that all he needs to do is say YES he has transportation, he gets a job I will see to it that he has transportation even it it means temporary use of my F-250, he will get to work.

His mother and sister have been hauling him around looking for jobs, everytime there is an ad in the paper they go. Nobody will hire him. I can only do so much from over here Kurt but if you actualy read what I'm saying you will see I am trying but everything we try has a brick wall. I am limited as to what I can do.

We talked about truck driving, he wants to do it. I got him accepted at Smith Transports school but then the Unemployment Agency rejected his application for financial aid. They told him he has to have a pink slip to be eligable, only those people on layoffs are qualified. I researched what I could from over here, the feds will not help him go to school. They only help with college and certain trade schools, truck driving school not included. I appled for a student loan for him, I got rejected several times. Company sponsored school, if he was over the age of 23 that could happen.

This has been an ongoing situation for awhile now. You assume it is a new situation and that I am ignoring the obvious. Do you honestly belive Kurt that I never thougth of the GED? Do you honestly think I am unaware of the consequences of him quitting school? Do you honestly think I just let him quit? Do you think I havent thought about putting him out of the house? Do you honestly think I am just sitting here letting all this go down without trying my * off to find answers?

I have tons on my plate right now, I have tons to worry about. Yes a few weeks ago I snapped, I had a nervous breakdown. If it had not been for a friend I would probably be dead. I walked to my friends place, walked in the door in front of a room of a bunch of guys and fell apart, I lost it. Do you know how embarrassed I am to have broken down in tears in front of my friends? I have had a lifetime of failures, some my fault some not. I reached the end of my rope, I counldnt take it anymore. I got picked up, by a friend, that friend let me cry, let me get it all out, let me scream at the pain, then that friend picked me back up. Things are slowly coming back, sure I post on GB, try to have a good time but I keep looking up seeing that black cloud waiting for it to let go again.

Now family problems, a son who is feeling what I am feeling, failure, mistakes that seem to get thrown back into his face everytime he turns around. When asked why he is down people get in his face and say WELL YOU BIG DUMMY! My son has suffered enough, birth defects, drunk drivers, being big and clumsy, bullies, fighting, inability to stay in school, jobless and rejection. His life is starting to mirror mine and I feel sorry for him. Put him on the street knowing what is wrong, no sir I cannot do that nor will I do that. He is my son and I love him.

You mention the life insurance, don't think that I didnt think of that as well, but for real. I have $250K on my head, but if I do it I will not fake it.

No matter how screwed over I have been, no matter how many times I have been knocked down I find a way, sometimes it takes a friend. Right now I am Roberts friend, but I can only do so much.

My life and my famililes life has not been easy, you just asssume that I am running around letting bad things happen. No Kurt, you are wrong. You think you know me, you do not. What I posted here is only a touch of what I have been thru. People like to judge, people on this forum likes to judge, use their own lives as a blueprint as to what life should be, the way others have done it is the only way according to some. Sir, I have been fighting my entire life, the things I have I fought to get, it hasnt been easy. I fight everyday to keep what I have, I will keep fighting. No matter how much it seems as if God himself is trying to wreck me and my family I fight back. My life is riddled with failures and mistakes, am I bitter? Am I mean? Am I defensive sometimes? AM I quick to tell someone to FO? Yessir

If when I finaly ask for help for a touchy situation and right away I get judged for how this situation came to be, yes I will get angry and tell you I am angry.

You don't like me? You think I'm a f'up? You think I let my kids f'up without a care? I have been running into brick walls all my life, now my son is paying for it as well. I ask for one simple thing, help me find a solution, help me find a way to pay for his school, help me jumpstart him. I'm not asking for anyone to pay for this, I will refuse it if someone offers cash, I just need help finding the direction to go to get him a loan or a grant, I can't do it while stuck in Kuwait, I am limited.

If you don't want to help that is fine Kurt, please keep the comments about how I need to be blamed for this to yourself, or email me and we will discuss it further.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not bigdaddy (obviously) but to answer your question, the post faded away, but the giveaway is still going on. It will be about July 19. I brought it back to the top as I had to answer a question, I had not seen, on that post anyway.

The gene pool needs chlorine.