In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Skunk stayed in the boat

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
Well I wrapped up my deer hunting for the season-goose eggs-nada-nothing. I havent been skunked in 4 years, and was kinda getting used to getting at least one deer every year. The fact that I did not hunt the opening week might be part of the reason-but the guys I hunt with hunted the entire first week and wound up with a little button buck. Where do they go? I hunted the same place during ARchey(didnt get one that season either), and there were deer all over the place. I couldnt leave the house in the morning because of all the deer on the yard. Every night there would be at least fifteen deer in the back yard at any given time.Opening day of rifle season comes around, and they vanish-earth swallowed them up until the end of the season. What was really strange was not only did I not harvest one, but I didnt even SEE a deer after 4 days in the woods. On the fifth day, I finally saw two. It was so windy I decided to go look for deer instead of stand hunting. I walked up a hill, and as I was coming back down the other side, a buck and a doe are staring at me not twenty yards away. I didnt even bother putting my gun up because there was a barn right behind them 75 yards away. After five seconds, the two deer took off. I thought I might be able to get them if I backtracked and got above them as they were escaping-no luck.
Its been a kind of dissapointing year for hunting.
No turkey, no grouse, no deer. Guess I am gonna be looking for fresh roadkill.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments