In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Get the rope!

ontherocksontherocks Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
http://www.wlky.com/cnn-news/19553845/detail.html

quote:MT. WASHINGTON, Ky. -- Two people are facing charges after police said they robbed from grave sites.

The alleged crime took place during a weekend when people visit cemeteries to remember family and friends.

Police said Mt. Washington residents 21-year-old Joshua Robert Taggart and 63-year-old Geraline Hilbert paid a visit to Highland Memory Gardens in Mt. Washington on Sunday morning.

Detectives said the pair stole nearly two dozen bronze vases from grave sites.

Detective Buddy Stump told WLKY News the pair was arrested while trying to sell the vases at a salvage yard.

The value of the vases is placed at $13,000.

Police are calling the act the lowest of the low, especially since it happened on Memorial Day weekend.

"This ranks up there with one of the worse thefts I've done in a while," Stump said.

Stump said that after he got the call on Saturday morning, he knew just how to track down the thieves.

[:(!]

Comments

• ontherocksontherocks Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some people are just no damned good.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Thats a shame. People will steal anything not nailed down. At over 500 bucks a vase I guess the temptation was too much.
  • owen219owen219 Member Posts: 3,799
    edited November -1
    Our church was recently broken into and the bible study electronic equipment was all stolen. Within the past month or so we have had a 4 wheeler stolen, a Honda power washer, 500 worth of tools. Previous to that 4 motorcycles, 1,500 worth of tools, radar detector, cell phone, etc. We live in a town of 6,000.
  • burn1bobburn1bob Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    think that's bad? just wait awhile. i already know folks who were robbed of their groceries in a store parking lot. change you can believe in.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sold for scrap, their crime would have fetched the magnificent sum of around $80. [:(!]

We are seeing vandals/thieves stealing copper plumbing and wiring from vacant houses- $100 worth of metal, and $10,000 in damage to the house.

Hell, I'll LOAN them the rope- they can give it back when they are finished.
  • Tile KingTile King Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    detectives name is buddy stump. lol.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by owen219
    Our church was recently broken into and the bible study electronic equipment was all stolen. Within the past month or so we have had a 4 wheeler stolen, a Honda power washer, 500 worth of tools. Previous to that 4 motorcycles, 1,500 worth of tools, radar detector, cell phone, etc. We live in a town of 6,000.

One of that 6,000 ain't honest.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    a-holes stole 4 bronze vases from my father-in-law, and his two young sons graves. I wish they had gotten caught.

There should be a law against buying anything associated with a grave for scrap.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When (if) they get to prison, I bet the inmates are going to be REAL receptive.
    What are you in for........