In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Good (late) morning Sunshine

powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
edited April 2004 in General Discussion
Hope y'all are havin' a good day so far. Mine started late. Woke up achy and tired. Guess I'm not useta' all the physical labor I did over the last two days. Was helpin' my mother put a set of steps on the back of a rental mobile home she owns. [My gahhd! does that mean she's a 'slumlord'...uh...slumlady...?]

Sent out the earrings I was doing on commission a few days ago, sold the powderhorn (one of them anywho)now I'm clear to work up a few 'gee-jaw' and a couple of horns. Going to do a primin' horn and a pistol horn plus finish the others I'm workin' on.

Got a fair knife from Classic095 I'm going to put a set of grips on and scrimshaw. Want to make a half dozen sets of earrings. Maybe a pendant or two. Got enough work to keep me busy for a week or two. That is if I don't get side tracked helpin' people out.

Since I'm unemployed folks think they can call me for anything, well I guess they can as it beats bein' round the house all the time. I need a break from the scrimshaw oncet and awhile.

Coffee's good, days beautiful, an' I got things to do.

That's my day. How's yourn?

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas

Comments

• Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like you're doing what you can to keep busy.

Im having a pretty good day today. Same old same old for a friday around here.

and good morning back to ya
  • Options
    358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smoke she had to change her outfit five time this morning so that she had just the right one to go with the earrings. Kept asking me "how do they look now" I haven't seen her this proud of something since the youngest son went into the Navy. Carla must have called half the people in the phonebook and told them all about her new earrings, where they came from who made them what they are made from and is still talking about them. But I really got her when she asked "what kind of bone do you think this are?"
    answered without a smile[}:)] "either possum or armadillo that is what they have the most of down south"[:D][:D] that went over like a box of rocks [B)]
    After she finished yell %^&&^^%$%^& at me I told her that they could be from a bull or cow she was much happier.
    Thanks again partner.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your Mom is only a Slumlord, when she wants rent paid on time.( according to the tenant) Hee hee.. I know some Landlords who only take rents and will not repair, improve, or do anything to the rental till it is no longer rentable. Tenants appreciate good housing and if they are paying good money to rent it is expected.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Goodmorning Powder. Had a 4-mile Battalion run, in the pouring rain... great pace, lotso push-ups afterwards. Now I am preparing my final thesis before I meet with my Graduate Advisor later this moring for my final review. Will make all changes over the weekend, and turn it in Monday. This is my last week of school as a Graduate student. Next weekend is graduation, and I CANNOT wait!!!

NSDQ!

American_IR_Flag.jpgr6team.gifNS_Crest.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Sounds like your going to have a good day, Thats great. I got to do some gun cleaning, reloading,[:D] cut the grass, One bad thing, Mr's says I got to take another BATH with SOAP,[:0] It will be the second one this year. I bet I will get sick.[xx(][V]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looked outside....rain/snow mix.
    Only an inch so far.
    Could be better.
    Could be worse.
    Think I will have another cup.

The gene pool needs chlorine.