In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I didn't know there was?

crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
Seniorety on this forum. I have made a couple of suggestions or comments here and also others have also and my most resent one somebody on the forum made a comment about the seniority of others. Does that mean that because you have a thousand or so posts that you have more say so than others that have fewer. Let me tell you up front, I am just asking and not picking. Just wondering! I know some will think the opposite but the way some come off at times on topics it's though they are right because they have more posts than others replying? [:D]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish you would elaborate. I must have missed your suggestion. Don[:D]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking for the past post where a member stated about having a little respect for the people that have a little seniority on here. I will soon find it though. That is why I am asking. I am not aiming to offend anybody what so ever I was just asking after the reply a got on a topic I responed to!

• Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats up? Who's doggin ya?

"You Know Your Remembered When Your Being Ignored"
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Some will try to make it so.

If you share the majority view..bush is nearly perfect,there are few problems in America,the war is good,we have just a freckle too much gun control..not much,mind you...

Positions like that will see you welcomed with open arms.

Get cross-ways and they will hammer you to death.

Or you could just grow a pair and stick to your guns..it helps one personally to grow if one does not attack with slander,violence,and viciousness.....sarcasm is acceptable..[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    crosshair, Not to steal your thread but You asked where I was from in Ohi on another post. I posted that I am up by the lake in Geneva. What parts are you from??

• Options
    edited November -1
    I do have a pair and also guns so I will be O.K. I guess![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I must have too many post's for you to answer that![V]

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    crosshair- I would say there's a little give and take in it. Obviously the guys who've been posting here for years kind of know eachother a little better than, somone who's much newer to the board. I can name a recent example where someone newer made a comment to trfox about being all talk when it comes to gun rights. If you know trfoxs' posts, he's actually one of the most pro-active gun rights people on the board. I wouldn't say seniority is important, but I would say a good history with the other regulars on the board is, and when all else fails just try and be civil when you're in a debate around here. I'll be the first to admit, civil is not one of my strong points!

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Elaborate, please. Don

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I think I know what you mean.

Just post a bunch of posts, then maybe we'll talk to ya!

Just kiddin CROSSHAIRS! I've got over 1000 and they STILL don't respect me...

That's why I stick around...obviously smart fellers...well, all except for Donald.[:p]

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry dirtyrat, I am just south of the younstown area and do alot of camping not far from ashtabula on pymatuning lake at a private campground called bayshore just a pinch north of the state campground on the ohio side. real nice campground and not for from you I'm sure. I fish the lake for walleye alot when we are there![:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well put Dave W[:D].

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    mateomasfeo....
    You want respect???????

Daisy Daisy,..give me your answer do....[}:)]

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    The post I believe you are referring to was the one about VP Cheney by babybear. A few of the oldtimers had stated that babybear was intentionally mis-interpreting an article to support a position which led to babybear calling the oldtimers a few names which led to someone saying you should show a little respect to the oldtimers.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I remember when I was 18 - 20+ years old. Didn't get respect because of my age. I quess some folks think the same way when looking at posting numbers.
    Just say what ya think- you got that right.
    I know a guy that went to college for 6 years and he was just as dumb as when he went in. Some just don't get better. (No it wasn't me). [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No that wasn't it I am still looking though! But really I respect any elders and everybody has their own personal ways of doing things and everybody thinks their way is the right way and there is no changing I guess![:D]

• Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I don't think the number of posts matters, but I think some of the folks on here, old and new alike, are so quick to jump on someone who has an opinion different than their own. If the one slinging blame is an older poster, sometimes you get the "newbie" or troll" identifier thrown around, but when the shoe is on the other foot and a newer member to the board gets his panties all bunched up, and a few guys disagree with him, well... he'll claim that the old timers are just ganging up on him. It goes both ways, I care not one bit about the number of posts a man (or woman) has, I read their posts and form my opinion based on the pattern of their logic over time. If'n your new, it just takes a little bit more time for me to understand which angle your coming from, that's all, no offense meant by it. I'm just a little slow like that, that's all.

NSDQ!

Terrorist_Hunting_Permit.jpgr6team.gifAmerican_IR_Flag.jpg

"Tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, We gave our today." -- The Kohima Epitaph
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well Put!

• Options
    stalion10stalion10 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cross hair, i have less seniority than you, i'm sure that i've ruffled some feathers. not intentionally though, i'm sure what was meant was tread lightly to start. you know what thay say, respect is not given it has to be earned, until then thats the way it will be
    ed

it's not the type of gun you have in the heat of a battle that counts, only if you have enough ammo for it, lets face it, a gun without ammo is only as good as a base ball bat!!
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Well I give respect first, but if I don't get any respect back then I do not respect those will not respect me.
    Doses not matter to much how many posts, but more how the person posting acts and treats others, is what garners respect, in my opinion.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Options
    stalion10stalion10 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    your a good man gibbs, and thats the way i has rised, but the way it is now, things have changed. its to bad to, i'll never change and i'm glad to see that there is someone else out there that wont either!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i say i've ruffled feathers, i mean i stated my opinion and i'm sure that teed some off. guess if thats the case, their parents were'nt as good as owes!!!!!!!! so did'nt teach them to trust and respect others until proven other wise like you and i were. so until they(when i say they i mean thoughs that think respect needs to be earned) i still tread lightly until i "earn" their respect. and then watch out because i'm sure even though i wrote this with all due respect, there will be some out there that think i disrespected them by stating my opinion. and thats life in this s#$%y day of age. and by the way, ask me if i care
    ed
    quote:Originally posted by Gibbs505
    Well I give respect first, but if I don't get any respect back then I do not respect those will not respect me.
    Doses not matter to much how many posts, but more how the person posting acts and treats others, is what garners respect, in my opinion.

it's not the type of gun you have in the heat of a battle that counts, only if you have enough ammo for it, lets face it, a gun without ammo is only as good as a base ball bat!!
  • Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    stalion10,
    one thing you'll learn quick,
    no matter what opinion you might have,
    and that's on about any subject you can think of,
    someone will disagree! [;)]

Plain and simple, no matter the thought,
    there's so many different opinions on every subject,
    we all get yeas and nays...

Still, it's really just like a big happy (dysfunctional) family! [:D]
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    If you enjoy this Forum, dont let a few JERKS run you off. Their are a lot of GOOD people on here. (more Good than Bad) I'm Retired so I have a lot of time on my hands, I spend about 2 hr. every morning reading the Post's, while having my coffee. I realy like Most of the posters, I also read the posts from Jerks and Liers, I very seldom ans. the Liers and Jerks. But seeing MORE good people than Jerks it renews my faith in man Kind. So if you enjoy this most of the time hang in their.
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Good to see people who will stand up and be counted! I read what is said and usually only reply if I have something to say. I don't reply, just to attack or put down a point of view. There has to be something more then that for me to say.

• Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If someone thinks they are better than you because of having more posts, tell them to go eat doodoo.

People with more posts arent better, they just dont have a life..

[V][:I][:D][;)][:p][:o)]

ruger.jpgGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gifak.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crosshair take a look at the number of posts that Offeror and I each have. If you think that makes us worthy of respect, we would like to show you some beautiful sea side property in Nevada. It means we are blabber mouths (blabberfingers?). Respect has to be earned period.

That is why Mateo is never gonna get any![:p][:o)][:I]

He Dog
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Crosshair,

The members of the forum had NOTHING to do with the stars. That was put in place by GunBroker without input from the members.

Get it? The stars mean nothing!! (except maybe that some of us spend too much time here, LOL.) [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpgamericana_logo.art

Charlie
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way I see it is my mission on here is to jump in and piss a bunch of people off when things get so boring you can't stand it. Then I sit back and watch them go at each other and laugh my * off! After quite a while they realize what has taken place, (most on here are slow when it comes to brains) they invite me to leave. In fact some DEMAND I leave but I stay to piss them off some more![}:)] Works for me. Been on here for some time now.[8D]
  • Options
    EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forget the post counts and stars , lets go by sign-up dates.

If I can't smoke cigars in heaven...I will not go. Mark Twain
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sign up dates don't mean much either when it comes to respect. Respect is earned pure and simple. Some earn it and then there are others.

He Dog
  • Options
    NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Yup. I go by the topic, not the number of stars. Not having the time to spend here that some do, I can't be one of the most-seen names, but that's ok. Notoriety or fame are not why I come back to this forum. It's the folks on it and a lot of what they talk about. Once in a while I can add an observation or a note of levity. It's a good place to check out when a day allows the time.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    K-Mart had a special on RESPECT last month. I bought two cans.

Clouder..
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Rosie Is one of my HERO. But he has lost a little ground with me, about 6 weeks ago I tryed to start a fight with him and he went and hid My Grandaughter is still pretter than yours!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we all started with 1 star. Now,...sticking to your guns (no pun intended) and posting concise information or opinion makes the foundation for respect. Heck,..there are those of us with multiple stars that don't agree with one another,...but over time and through multiple communincation,..we have found a common ground. Now,..iffin ya see fit to jump into politics or religion,...then don't expect to win favor with any more than 50%.

In retrospect,...Myself and Saxon Pig did not hit it off,..and I still recall the first thread. But,...through interaction,...we reached something of a mid-point. I know he and I will never share the exact same point of view,..but we understand each others right to thier opinion,..and have several times agreed on things. That is the beauty of this board,...it ain't all warm and fuzzy,..but we work through it,..just like real life,..face to face.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    It was me you turds. I guess I live in another era.[:D]

unamerican.gif

Homey.jpg

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    P.S, ya know I am an equal opportunity offender.[:p]

unamerican.gif

Homey.jpg

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I didn't know there was? Seniorety on this forum.
    I would try to answer your question, but first I need to know what "seniorety" is.

(pickenup, who is pulling a Clouder)

The gene pool needs chlorine.