In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CZECH 98/22 8MM Buying Advice Needed

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited January 2004 in General Discussion
The latest issue of Guns-N-Stuff has a CZECH 98/22 for $54.95 with a cracked stock and $75.95 for a rifle in good condition. The ad states this model, made at Brno CZ factory, is rare in the US. I am not a collector, I just want an inexpensive 8MM rifle to shoot . I could probably repair the cracked stock or buy an after-market stock for the $54.95 rifle. Anybody have any advice on this

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spend the extra money and get the good one. Why mess with a cracked stock? If you get one with a good stock, you may like it well enough to keep it even if you sporterize the gun. That is not much extra to pay.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Going to sporterize that sucker ? Then 20 bucks is 20 bucks..can be spent towards another stock.

Otherwise..the 75 dollar gun is worth the money..
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    sounds like good advice.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."