In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone here a serious Mauser curio collector?

robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
I have an auction I'm looking at, ends today. I want this gun so much I wont even post the link. The only thing I dont know about it is if the headspace has been checked, which really doesnt make a heck of a lot of difference at this point in time. Anyway, I need a knowledgeable member to check this auction out for me, and tell me what you think. Email me, and I'll email you the link to the auction.
robsguns@hotmail.com Tell me if you email me here on this thread, so I'll look for the email right away.

Thanks for helping.

Ryan

Comments

• Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I assume you're talking about an 8mm Mauser rifle?

I know next to nothing about them but I bought one about 6 months ago. A short Yugoslav. model, not the mile-long version like the Turk. model. If you get one that hasn't been used much, or not used at all, they're a great shooter. Mine looks brand new. Slick action, nice wood, accurate as hell and kicks like an atomic bomb. This thing has twice the recoil of my .30-06 and the steel butt-plate doesn't help a lot either. That 8mm Mauser round is a good shooter. I don't buy any of the surplus Turkish or other fifties vintage, iron curtain ammo. I like the gun too much to shoot corrosive ammo through it.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lowrider,

No, its not an 8mm, already have one of those, its not 7x57, or 7.65, or 6.5, or any of the usual Mausers. See, thats why I need to confer with a fellow Mauser fan. This one is what I believe to be a 'special' mauser, although not in a special caliber, its just, unheard of, at least to me, and at an unheard of price, I think. I've looked it up in my Mauser book, its a legitimate gun, just trying to get a better feel of what its really worth.

Ryan
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Sounds cool.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "not in a special caliber"
    Geeze Ryan, your looking at a Pruivian Mauser in 30-Govt-06 (factory origional chambering BTW) or a Siamese Mauser that's been converted to 45-70, or a Isralie(sp) Mauser thats been arsonal converted to 308Win?

Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    Norman DogNorman Dog Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    E-mail sent.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?

-- Joseph Stalin--
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey I had to go to work, still here, I cant receive hotmail here, which is what I use at home, but I'll reply to you as soon as I get home Norman Dog.

Tailgunner,

Nope none of those either, but you are kind of on the right track, just kind of.

Ryan
  • Options
    Norman DogNorman Dog Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rob, if you can e-mail from work, I'm at holcombron@hotmail.com

Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?

-- Joseph Stalin--
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Norman Dog,

Email sent, did you receive it yet?

Ryan
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ryan,

I sent you an e-mail. Let me know what information that you need. There aren't any surprises on the list that I could see.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Links have been sent to you both.

I'm back at home now.

Thanks for any idea on what its really worth.

Ryan
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Not going to bid as I don't have an FFL and am out of country at the moment but would like the link just to look... email endofwork@netzero.net... what is it? I wonder? a 71/84? 11mm? 6.5 Daudeteau? 6.5 Portuguese? 8mm Siamese? 9.5 Turk? Ooooh, I wanna know!

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jonk,

Sent you an email with the link.

Ryan
  • Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    email sent

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    My buddy bought a Muaser and put the 30-06 barrel on it....

Will be dropping deer tomorrow as season opens.

Cheap good shooting guns...especially if you like old steel better than the new plastic guns.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    elect1mike,

email sent

Ryan