In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Went to Jail this evening.....

powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
edited July 2003 in General Discussion
....to visit the son of a family friend.[:(] He is in for violating his probation, so this is not a poor kid who had a bad turn of 'luck' he's been there before. I like him and have known his family for sometime.

We used to discuss the Bible, when his family saw he was having some trouble and asked me to call by and see him, but even tho' there was interest there was no motivation. So now he wants to continue the discussion from his jail cell. I don't mind but I feel it may be a case of jail house conversion. When he gets out in six months he very well may go back to his old ways no matter how sincere he is now. Jail actually insulates inmates from some of the temptations. Tho' from what he was telling me, they have just about everything inside, they can get outside. Just hope he doesn't fall into old habits on his release.[8]

My real thought in writing is I was surprised to find they charge the inmates processing fees.[:0] If you are arrested they take $10.00 from you right then. I gather there are other fees they charge inmates also. I don't have anything against this, ought to make a man pay for the harm he causes and even tho' it's just token payment, make them pay part of the bill the taxpayers usually pick up. I wonder what do they do if your a vagrant or homeless and have no money, Bill you? Or, what if your innoccent of the charges. Do they reimburse you for the money they charged?[:(!][:(]

[?][?]Just a wonder[?][?]

fc3cdbfd.gif

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Is he in the Hernando County Jail? they charge 15 bucks for a night at their crossbar hotel. Had to get a friend out of their once, and he was peod, they gave him his money back minus 15 bucks, told him it was for lodging and breakfast.

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    BIG DOG
    wheelie.gif
  • powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    Yes it is the HCJ. I thought the sign said $10.00 but I may have read it wrong. I don't like being in those type places.[}:)][:D]

fc3cdbfd.gif

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    JEEZ POWDER !! You bout gave me a heart attack. Dont do that !!!

Seriously, your a good man to try to help, but remember, the lord helps those who help themselves.

If he truly wants to change you are helping him, if he does not want to change, you have lost nothing but some time.

JuJu (your a good man powder)