In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C&P STunning Poll Results Vets Prefer Bush

jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
Poll Stunner: Veterans Deserting Kerry
NewsMax ^ | 5/30/04 | Carl Limbacher

A CBS News poll released this week showing Sen. John Kerry leading President Bush actually contained some devastating news for the Kerry campaign.

After months of touting his military record and his combat heroism, the Massachussetts Democrat is losing the veterans' vote to President Bush by a landslide.

Kerry has made his military service the centerpiece of his campaign, almost never appearing on the stump without his Vietnam "Band of Brothers" by his side.

What's more, Democratic Party surrogates have repeatedly blasted Bush for not serving in Vietnam - going so far as to label him AWOL - a charge the media was only too happy to focus on for weeks on end.

But the tactics haven't worked. Buried deep inside the internals of a CBS poll released Wednesday was this stunning statistic: Veterans now prefer Bush over Kerry by a whopping 13 points - 54 to 41 percent.

Worse still for Kerry, Bush's landslide among veterans comes from a sample that preferred Kerry overall by a full eight points.

Even the Democrat dream team presidential ticket of Kerry and John McCain doesn't steal the vet vote away from Bush, with the same CBS survey showing an even split should McCain defect.

Not surprisingly, coverage of the stunning poll result has been slim to none.

"It's buried in every poll that I've seen," Bush-Cheney spokesman Scott Stanzel told WABC Radio's Steve Malzberg on Sunday.

Stanzel said that Bush was meeting this weekend with "Rolling Thunder," a group of Vietnam veterans who motorcycle into Washington, D.C. every Memorial Day.

Bush will discuss "POW and MIA issues" with leaders of the group, he said, adding, "They are endorsing the president."

JuJu(no wisecracks about the title of this thread either[:D][:p])

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    The only surprise is that it's not 90-10. WAKE UP VETS! Kerry hates YOU and all things having to do with the military. LOOK at his voting record! The only reason he went to Nam was to get in and out as quickly as possible to move into politics and even then desired the presidency. At the time, no one would've believed a draft dodger (Clinton) could get elected president, so Kerry went! He told his doctor who was at the time putting a band-aid on Kerry, for which he recieved one of his purple hearts[B)]"your looking at the next Jack Kennedy."

jpwolf.gifawcountdown_sm.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess these vets aren't the ones who have needed any medical care by the VA.........

Merc (if you don't know what that means, and you are a vet, start researching.....)

Insignia?

Nos nullus habitum rancidum insignia!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Well, to be fair, it's not much of a choice... Kerry or Bush. Both of them have screwed veterans blue, one by casting aspersions on their collective character and the other by deeming veteran's benefits an item worthy of being cut.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Poll Stunner: Veterans Deserting Kerry
    If I was a vet, I would too: I just hope someday, All vets get what is owed to them for serving our country-

eyeflash.gif

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:If I was a vet, I would too: I just hope someday, All vets get what is owed to them for serving our country

I couldnt agree more, unfortunately, it will never happen. Regardless of which party holds power.

Sad, isnt it.

JuJu(very sad)
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JuJu- I hope my Pat Tillman post did not offend ya, You, Classic, dheffley, and all the others on this board that have served have my deepest respect and honor. You guys gave when others could not. This is the back bone of America- [:D][:D][:D]

eyeflash.gif

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    FrancF, offended, it would take a lot more than a post to offend me. I have pretty thick skin. Remember, I have been called Mr 38th parralel, and GB Social Worker, by one member here at least.

I love a good debate and enjoy reading diffeing opnions. Its food for the brain and at my age I need all the food I can get.

Cant say I have ever been truly offended by any post here by anybody. Shocked at times, confused at times, and definately emotional at times, but offended, prolly not.

If I wanted to frequent a place where everybody agreed with everybody else there are other places I could go. But whats the point of that, you dont learn, dont expand your horizons, dont exercise your mind and will certainly never examine your outlook on things.

I think a little self examination at times is a good thing, it either confirms your diagnosis or points you in a new and perhaps more productive treatment, so to speak.

I have more respect for people who can voice their differences in a civil(at least try to be civil) and counter others with facts than I do for the small minds that have to resort to name calling and threats at the first sign of a disagreement.

Post away and be proud of your views, just be prepared mentally and emotionally to support them in a rational manner.

JuJuwho is physically tired and mentally drained and is going to bed)