In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Antidote to Paranoia

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
Too bad paranoia creeps in from time to time here. You try to do some good, you know you take a little risk from time to time (as if we never considered the possibility) and somebody sits in a room somewhere wondering if we are who we say we are, playing wet blanket. Weird.

I thought you might enjoy seeing a few shots from my college years, back in the 70s. I don't look like that now, of course. Here's the strip of pics of me with directors Roger Corman & George Pal, effects wizard Ray Harryhausen, and METROPOLIS director Fritz Lang -- and some horror movie star you probably never heard of. Anyone wishing to know more may visit http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/offeror/ or http://mywebpage.netscape.com/stevetowsley/ for further elucidation (i.e., proof that I am not a fiction for Doubting Thomases). This, of course, should not be necessary given my 3000+ posts on this board. In fact, it should not be necessary for anyone here, which is the point. I have no reason to believe that anyone doubts who I say I am. And I have no particular reason to doubt anyone else; well, except maybe JD. ;^D I think if I were a fake, my mask would've slipped long before this. None of the data on these sites has anything to do with my gun hobby by the way, so don't get your hopes up.

Comments

• Options
    snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't want anyone on a message board knowing whom I was for security reasons, you do not have to prove yourself to anyone. The moderators of these boards post way too much info about themselves on here...something I would never do as a distraut poster could start psychological warfare by using mailing addresses and email addresses...Better to remain anonymous.

*In 1909 Henry Ford created the Model T and it got around 30mpg..today's Ford's may be safer and more luxurious but in 100 years we've not really gotten further on a gallon of gasoline have we?*
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Yeah I know what ya mean, a guy can't be to careful these days!!!
    You never know when some crazy may whip out a melon, and tetorize you!!!

"Can any body point me in the direction of the bathroom, I really gotta go "
  • Options
    edited November -1
    pabooger -- You mean like Gallagher?

My point is not self servingly to post my history, of course. My point is that if someone can have as relatively bizarre a background as I have, who am I to question whether somebody really (you fill in the blank). By the way, I shook Nixon's hand when I was a little kid in 1960, I think, when he was doing a whistle-stop at the Fort Wayne airport -- we were just little kids.

As for my "anonymity," you have a point of course, but since my Me page has been on eBay since 1999 as a collector of "movie stuff," and my website has been up at least that long hosted by one server or another, I think the "damage" to my anonymity is already done, if any. There's also a site for my little band, with the manager's phone number. We couldn't get the publicity and maybe extra jobs without it. Oh well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    snake-eyes --
    Your point is not only well taken, but many feel exactly as you do. And people like the spoiler who got the charity thread locked will always accuse you of "hiding behind a phoney name." You can't win with the paranoid. All you can do is be yourself, which shines through regardless of what you call yourself. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." -- The Bard
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,005 ******
    edited November -1
    I choose to post under my name. My email address appears in my signature line. Some of you have my phone number and address. If you don't have it, it is easy enough to find.

If you want to remain anonymous, that is your business. I think my way makes me more credible. I dare not shaft anyone since I am so easy to find.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Darn! sinse I posted my picture this forum has gone to the dogs NOW ALL of you are realy paranoid! ... MMM this deserves a post in of its own .... the diferentiation of paranoia and intuition but is so simple I will add it here .....

A paranoid person, by means of his senses detects what he may identify as threat and reactively take the first action he thinks..

Intuitive (same as paranoid ) but measures well the terrain to verify the threat as true and takes the best action to mitigate it.....

One brings trouble ,the other security......

I am paranoid but at a verry intuitive mode ,maybe with sight beyond sight (no sword or conjures needed).

Offeror maybe I know you better than you know thyself, life is not always butter and bread ,but a mirror with your own reflection in a clear glass of fine wine !!! once the wine is gone ? what remains?

JD

Donate to free energy R&D Just Paypall $$$ to:
    arkresearch@hotmail.com
    Intelligence is not measured in paper but in the ability of adaptation and analysis performance in multy-tasking problem solving work....