In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Search G.B. for used vs DEALER new

joedirtjoedirt Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
Would anyone besides me like to see a requirement to list your gun as new or used? I get tired of scrolling through page after page of store owners with new guns and multiple listings trying to sell for a couple dollars over cost when I'm looking for a used gun at a bargain. Don't tell me to search by make and model cause I don't always know what i'm looking for, but know an interesting used gun when I see it. Just asking, so maybe we can only look for what want. If I want a brand new gun, I'll go to the store. Now I bet I catch H.E. double toothpicks from you dealers. If you would like to see them listed as new or used, please let G.B. know, I did.

Comments

• Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    What I've learnt from GB and elsewhere is that most guns (at least on gb and other places) seem to hold their value very well.
    Unless you want a beatup gun you will not find the steal you are looking for.

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    "Marrying for sex is like taking a plane ride for peanuts"
    -Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    They used to have a HOT ITEM catagory that had everything with more then 10 bids. Very good catagory but I see they have eliminated it??
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a wonderful idea, however I can see that GB would never implement that search. Know why? Because then 99% of the auctions which are basically retail price dealer listings would never get seen. And there goes their revenue stream.

I personally would like to see a property that identifies the seller as either an FFL holder or a non-FFL holder like over on GUNZAMERIKA.

GL