In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

High $$$$$$$ beer!

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
NEW YORK - Are you ready for a $300 bottle of brew? Extreme beer is going for cognac prices in specialty stores and on E-Bay.

It's the latest rage on the fringe of the craft-brewing movement. The Wall Street Journal reports the Utopias brand of extreme beer is made by Boston Brewing, the company behind Sam Adams.

At 24 percent alcohol, Utopias is also one of the strongest beers ever brewed. While most beer is best consumed fresh, the extreme brews are meant to be aged.

Jim Koch, Boston Brewing's founder and president, says they've even made a beer they call Millennium Three. It's specially bottled to last until the year 3000.

shoot2.gif
Where there is no vision,the people perish!

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Here in Oregan they are going to TAX the he** out of our beer for more school money,[V] and the money will go in to the general fund, same as the HIGH Cigrette TAX.[:(!] We all KNOW that our school system is TOP HEAVY.[V] When are the people going to rise up and Fire those ROBBERS. Most of the money we pay for our schools does not get to the class rooms or to the Teachers where it belongs. SORRY I HAD TO VENT.[V][V][V]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I dont know but isnt there a cutoff between, Booze and Beer as far as percentage of alcohol, some liquers are less than 24% , 24% would be 48 proof which may qualify it as a liquer

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    BIG DOG
    wheelie.gif
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I could order it (specialty order) for any customer who wished to pay for it. I beleive my cost was $150/btl and was only able to order 1/2case maximum. They have a specialty brew like that each year at Boston Beer (Sam Adams brewery).

Their triple bock goes for about $80/cs of 12 bottles to the retailer. That is a good product, but any more than one would be tough to get down,...it's thick and dark to say the least.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Just give me a Red Stripe please.[:D]

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.