In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

students at Christian college protest.......

rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
shouldn't this be in the Onion? I mean it just left me scratching my head. WTH

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/local/2017/04/26/montreat-students-call-life-covenant-divisive/100902292/

I sent this email to the article writer, Julie Ball;

I read your article on the students who were calling the Montreat life covenant ?divisive? and found
It quite fascinating in such a way that I thought it may read just as well in the Onion. I mean here you
have someone (C. Miller) saying she is worried and concerned over the divisive language of the covenant
all the while attending a Christian college.
How ironic is it that she should CHOOSE to attend a school whos very purpose is to educate with a Christian
or Christ like perspective. Jesus Christ was and still is the most divisive man in history. But don?t take my
word for it, take Jesus?s on words in Luke 12:51 and 2 and Mathew 10:38;

Luke
51; Do you think that I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I tell you, but division.
52; From now on, five in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three.?

Matthew 10:34
Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Ms Miller should consider a transfer to Berkley.

What a bizarre world we live in. I mean a Christian based education is the last thing you want to go for if you
want to stay away from division in the world.

But then again, it kinda goes in todays world doesn?t it? ?Christian Liberal Arts College is somewhat of an oxymoron
as it is.

Keith Vxxxxx, Travelers Res,t SC

Dam, this world has gone bat chit crazy.

Comments